[Dating] Looking for gift suggestions

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Because if you love someone and know that they would enjoy something, then just do it or buy it at the time (provided you have the resources), and quit worrying about finding the right gift on the right day.
That was what my original thought was. I've never been an occasion gift giver, but it seems like I often pick things up for people I know just because it suits them perfectly. I also have a habbit of giving my non essential stuff away if someone likes it and I just happen to have it. I'm not a big stuff person and people who are, are more than wecome to it. I keep my media and thats about it.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

In the end, it doesn't matter what you get her. If she likes you, she'll appreciate anything you do for her as long as it looks like you devoted some time and effort into it.
Sunderer

Post by Sunderer »

Edited by MHS. (Sorry, Sunderer, I'm sure you would have gotten to it but I saw that you'd logged off so I went ahead. Feel free to PM or e-mail you if you have any questions. Thanks!)
"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."
MHS

Post by MHS »

Sunderer... let's leave Wolverine and his cat back at the old site, please. I would ask that you edit your post and refrain from bringing up the subject again, please.

Thanks in advance... I appreciate your help in getting this new site off on the right foot.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

I'll never, ever give a girl jewelry until I can actually afford the good stuff.

I, on the other hand, wear it :P

Byrns,
I say go with flowers and a card.
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Byrns

Post by Byrns »

So would it be too corny to have flowers delivered to her office or should I present them to her later when we go out?
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Byrns wrote:So would it be too corny to have flowers delivered to her office or should I present them to her later when we go out?
Do not have flowers sent to her office. Way too soon for that. Present it to her when you see her.
Sunderer

Post by Sunderer »

I guess I need to apologize for something. Exactly what, I dunno.
"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."
Odin

Post by Odin »

Apparently something to do with Wolverine and Professor X's cat. Even a mutant gets lonely sometimes.

Sith
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Kitty Pride?
Odin

Post by Odin »

Dirt wrote:Kitty Pride?
Yeah, that could be! I didn't actually remember the professor having a cat, but it was the only thing that made sense.

Sith
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Not too long ago Mr. Fed had mentioned that he had a Glock he wanted to get rid of...
Odin

Post by Odin »

Nothing says "I'll never stalk you" like a quality firearm.
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

Bob wrote:Semen in a zip lock bag. Nothing says "I'll stalk you forever if you dump me, bitch" like semen in a zip lock bag.

ROFL, damn that made me laugh out loud Bob! :mrgreen:

I think you just figured out the "I only like you as a friend" dilemma I'm having. Nice work!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Get her a gift that you can both enjoy.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Crowley wrote:Get her a gift that you can both enjoy.
Yeah, and for maximum impact, be sure to tell her your buddies on the computer game message board suggested it.

Sith
Guy Incognito

Post by Guy Incognito »

Kschang77 wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:Tools work in the right situation. After 3 weeks? Don't think so. Last Christmas I got my girlfriend a power tool set and she was thrilled, mainly because she loves doing crafts and always hated having to bug people to drill / saw things.
Wow, that's a new one. :D Does she like big-screen TV too?
She waffles on the TV. On one hand she says things like "I don't watch TV that much, my 13" TV is all I actually need" but on the other hand she keeps talking about plasma screen TVs she can hang on the wall. I have a rather nice TV at the moment but it is a bit of a beast. I'm sure if the girlfriend status changed sometime in the future it wouldn't be very hard to talk her into a SWEET entertainment setup :D
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I was totally enamored by the old commercial where they couldn't find a spot for the TV and they hung it on the ceiling. I so need to be rich and have a TV on the ceiling above my bed.