Fundraising for 2019/2020. 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $382.44 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Aug 13/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here
Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:57 pm
- Posts: 6209
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm
- Location: Brandon, Manitoba
Its actually a somewhat good idea IMHO.
- Posts: 2233
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:46 am
Mousing is a big cause of repetitive stress injury. That's where they're going with this idea.
- Posts: 4455
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:13 am
- Location: Over Dresden at Angels one five
Reminds me of the "Opti-grab" from The Jerk.
I smell lawsuit because of neck and eye stress..
- Posts: 15660
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 am
Maybe it's related to this guy:
- Posts: 6118
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:51 am
- Location: Map Ref 47.6°N 122.35°W
- Posts: 20728
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:29 pm
- Location: Syracuse, NY
Sounds like it would take some getting used to.
- Posts: 321
- Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:08 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
While it sounds in some ways like a good idea I think even us gaming geeks would have to go along with this comment from the article
But Joe Laszlo, a technology analyst at Jupiter Research in New York City, is sceptical. "I cannot ignore the high silliness factor of nouse," he says. "People baulk at doing things that require them to look silly and there is ample room for looking silly here."
- Posts: 911
- Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:10 pm
Might be useful for quadriplegic folks.
- Posts: 5091
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:09 pm
- Location: Suburbia, MI
Mousing is a big cause of repetitive stress injury.
I'd rather have stress injuries in my hand than my neck.
- Posts: 874
- Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:01 am
Thats nothing. Im typing this post with the backs of my shins.
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:17 pm
I'd love to try this for Raven Shield. If they don't screw up on side-ward movement, you could peek around corners making the peek-around-corner movement with your head!
- Posts: 1335
- Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:55 am
How about using it at the deli ordering computer. Instead of a touch screen that every snot nosed kid runs up to play on ,you don't have to touch it yourself now. Just move you head and eyes.