Recall Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Re: Recall Thread

Post by LordMortis »

/continues to be thankful that he has never seen a recall involving his company because there seem to be a lot of recalls going around a lot of companies nowadays (not just GM and Toyota) Guesses that's what happens when you shrug when the OEMs try and squeeze less steel, less real estate, or less cost out of you as a supplier. Also wonders what will happen to CAFE standard setting when the dust settles.

1.8 million pounds? Holy Beans! As if the price of burger and beef weren't high enough around here already.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Why would the CAFE standards change based on the recalls? They all seem to be things that won't significantly impact overall design.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:Why would the CAFE standards change based on the recalls? They all seem to be things that won't significantly impact overall design.
Design is all about cost, weight, and real estate. Weight reduction is the primary mover of staying on the proper side of CAFE standards. Dinking with weight affects cost and real estate. I suppose that will all change when we can all afford Teslas (though I imagine it will be a while until production Electric cars have the carrying capacity of combustion engine)

To be more direct. The OEMs want to be everything to everybody. It's been difficult for larger vehicle makers to transition to tiny light vehicle while still attempting to give everything they have given in the past.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Did the FitBit Force recall get mentioned in this thread? I searched but missed it.

The Force was FitBit's most recent bracelet-style wearable fitness tracker. It was a major improvement over the previous versions because it included a very slick LED screen that would provide information about steps taken during the day, stairs climbed, sleep patterns and all sorts of other interesting stuff. It had a great interface, too, over FitBit's website and solid mobile app support. I got one for Christmas and absolutely loved it.

However, in March, my mother (who gave it to me) told me about a rash that some FitBit Force wearers were experiencing that sounded pretty bad. I told her not to worry. I had been wearing mine for over two months and had no issues. Surely, if I was going to have a problem, it would have already manifested . . . or so I thought.

A week or so later, I noticed a few small bumps on my wrist where the Force rested. I stopped wearing it and did some internet research. What I learned was NOT good. Long story short, the onset for the Force rash symptoms seemed to range up to three months! The little bumps I had looked exactly like what people described as the initial stages of the rash. Indeed, over the next couple of weeks, the rash got worse and worse and worse, despite the fact that I stopped using the Force the moment I noticed the initial bumps. It got so bad, I had to see a dermatologist to get some super powerful steroid cream to knock it down. Even then, it didn't really abate until the beginning of May. Here's a couple pictures of the progression right up until now:

2/27/2014

3/7/2014

5/20/2014 (today)

FitBit denied any issue for a while, then equivocated about what user should do, and then eventually, as the complaints to CPSC mounted, initiated a "voluntary" recall . They refunded my purchase price, but I'm still pissed. Royally. They've been less then forthcoming about what caused this, and there's a lot of concern among those effected. We'd like to know what exactly FitBit's "extensive testing" showed, but they are not releasing results.

There's also a class action suit. I usually steer clear of those (what's the point?), but on this one, I've actually contacted the lawyers and sent them pictures and information about my situation.

Anyway, just in case anyone sees a Force on discount of for sale online somewhere, steer clear.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Why, hello there, GM!
General Motors Co is recalling more than 218,000 older-generation Chevrolet small cars in the United States and its territories due to a potential fire hazard, adding to a record recall total for the year by the largest U.S. automaker.
GM is recalling 218,000 Chevrolet Aveo cars in the United States from model years 2004 to 2008. The problem with the cars stems from a faulty part in their daytime running lights that could overheat and cause a fire, according to documents filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'm hoping that they'll eventually recall our car for being too old.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toyota
Toyota Motor recalled 370,000 Sienna minivans -- most of those a second time -- because the spare tire mounted under the vehicle might fall off.

Involved: 2004-2011 Siennas, sold or orignially registered in cold-weather states where corrosive salt is used to de-ice winter roads.

The mechanism holding the spare tire can be eaten away by the salt and the tire can fall off, Toyota said. In April 2010, Toyota recalled 2004-2010 versions of the van for the same problem. At that time, a splash shield was mounted undeneath to deflect the corrosive de-icing mixture away from the spare.

Some of those shields were installed incorrectly, Toytoa said, and might not work.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nest
Government regulators on Wednesday said that they have approved Nest Labs’ plans to fix a feature in its smoke alarms that could prevent them from sounding immediately.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday that the company will recall 440,000 of its Nest Protect Smoke + CO alarms, which have a feature that allows owners to temporarily silence some alerts by waving their arms near the units.

The company announced last month that it would offer an electronic update to disable this feature. It has not received any related reports of incidents, injuries, or property damage.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Meat
The United States Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Monday that 1.8 million pounds of ground beef products are being recalled on fears that they may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.

Recalled cases of beef from Wolverine Packing Company in Detroit, Michigan, were produced between March 31, 2014 and April 18, 2014 and shipped to distributors for restaurant use in Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri and Ohio.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Don't dip your nuts.
Hummus and dip products sold at Target and other stores, as well as walnuts sold to retailers in Illinois and Missouri, are the subject of two new recalls associated with possible Listeria contamination.

More than 14,000 pounds of hummus and dip products are being voluntarily recalled by Lansal Inc. The recalled products are certain items sold under the Archer Farms, Giant Eagle, Trader Joe’s and Tryst brand names. The recall was declared after routine testing of the products by the Texas Department of Health.

The recalled Archer Farms products were sold nationwide and had use-by dates in early June 2014. The recalled Trader Joe’s products were sold in 17 states, including Iowa and Illinois, and had use-by dates in April and May 2014.
Sherman Produce is also recalling some bulk and packaged walnuts sold to retailers in Missouri and Illinois, also as a precautionary measure against possible Listeria monocytogenes. An FDA sampling detected Listeria monocytogenes in walnuts at the facility.

Both manufacturers said no illnesses have been reported in connection with either recall.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Chevy Cruze
General Motors Co. is recalling more than 29,000 Chevrolet Cruze compact cars because metal parts in the air bag assemblies can hit the driver and passengers if the bags are inflated.

The cars, from the 2013 and 2014 model years, were built with an incorrect baffle, and that can cause the air bag inflator to rupture if the bags are deployed, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said. If that happens, metal fragments could hit people in the car, and the air bags may not inflate to protect them.

The air bags were built by Japanese parts supplier Takata Corp., but the problem is different from another air bag issue that's causing big recalls across the auto industry, the safety agency said Thursday.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Takata sells to others as well.
Honda, Mazda and Nissan are recalling millions of vehicles globally for a defective airbag manufactured by supplier Takata Corp. that could possibly explode.

No accidents have been reported related to Monday's recalls. Honda Motor Co. recalled 2.03 million vehicles for the airbag problem, including 1.02 million vehicles in North America and nearly 669,000 vehicles in Japan. That came on top of a million vehicles Honda recalled last year for similar Takata airbag woes.

Nissan Motor Co. recalled 755,000 vehicles globally, while Mazda Motor Corp. recalled nearly 160,000 vehicles. Like Honda, both companies announced recalls last year, but in smaller numbers. Toyota Motor Corp. announced an airbag recall earlier this month for 2.27 million vehicles. One fire was reported related to the defect, but no one was injured, Toyota said.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Subaru
Subaru is recalling about 660,000 of its newer vehicles in the United States because the brake lines might corrode, according to a report the automaker posted Thursday on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website.

The recall covers the 2009-13 Forester, the 2008-11 Impreza, 2008-14 Impreza WRX and WRX STI and the 2005-9 Legacy and Outback wagon. About 241,000 of the vehicles being recalled are Foresters; nearly 185,000 are Outbacks and about 141,000 are Imprezas, including the WRX/STI models.

The vehicles are being recalled only if they were ever registered or are currently registered in 20 states that make heavy use of road salt during the winter
Owners outside the recall area can also take their vehicles to a dealership for inspection, and if necessary a free repair, Michael McHale, a spokesman for Subaru, said in an email. Owners who had previously paid for that repair are eligible for reimbursement, he said.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Ford:
The company announced the six separate recalls Tuesday. No injuries, accidents or fires related to any of the defects have been reported, Ford said.

The largest recall, of 92,022 vehicles, affects the 2013-2014 Ford Taurus, Lincoln MKS and Police Interceptor sedans; 2013-2014 Ford Flex and Lincoln MKT crossovers; 2012-2014 Edge crossover and 2014 Lincoln MKX crossover. Ford says the right-hand halfshaft, which is part of the axle, isn’t properly seated and may disengage over time, making the vehicles inoperable. The vehicles are also at risk of rolling unexpectedly if they are parked without the parking brake on...

...— 5,264 2011-2014 F59 commercial stripped chassis. The company says corrosion in the electrical junction block could cause the vehicles to short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire or the loss of electrical power.

— 2,124 2014 Ford Escape SUVs. Ford says their panoramic glass roofs have an improperly cured bond that could cause the roofs to leak or separate from the vehicles.

— 635 2014 F53 motor home stripped chassis and F59 commercial stripped chassis. The company says the brake calipers may have been incorrectly made, which could result in a leak and a loss in braking performance.

— 368 2014 Transit Connect vehicles. Ford says the brake reservoir caps in vehicles shipped to Puerto Rico have European labels that don’t conform to U.S. labeling requirements.

— 197 2014 Ford Fiesta subcompacts. Ford says their fuel tanks may be missing an adhesive layer, which could cause them to leak fuel and increase the risk of a fire.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
stessier

Post by stessier »

BMW
BMW Group is recalling 1.6 million of its popular 3 Series vehicles, making it the latest global automaker to issue a massive recall based on concerns over airbag safety.
The recall affects BMW cars manufactured between mid-1999 and mid-2006. The company said roughly 574,000 cars could be recalled in the U.S.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Fruit!
If you've picked up fruit at Costco, Trader Joe's, Kroger or Walmart stores recently, keep reading.

Wawona Packing Co. is voluntarily recalling peaches, nectarines, plums and pluots that were packed at its Cutler, California, warehouses between June 1 and July 12. Wawona believes the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

Costco, Trader Joe's, Kroger and the Walmart Corp. -- which operates Walmart and Sam's Club stores, have all posted notices about the fruit recall on their websites. The recall is nationwide, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

<whew> I've been eating Costco bananas all week. There's like a three day window within which to eat a banana and mine is closing, so I've been eating two to three bananas a day since Sunday.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LordMortis wrote:<whew> I've been eating Costco bananas all week. There's like a three day window within which to eat a banana and mine is closing, so I've been eating two to three bananas a day since Sunday.
Yeah, we load up on Costco Bananas and Berries (fresh and frozen). None of the ones listed though.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GM, GM, GM, GM, GM, and GM
General Motors announced six more recalls today, totalling 717,950 newer-model U.S. vehicles for a variety of defects.
GM says it knows of three crashes and two injuries, but no deaths, linked to the new recalls.
•414,333 2011-2012 model year Chevrolet Camaro; 2010-2012 model year Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain; 2011-2012 Buick Regal and LaCrosse; and 2010-2012 Cadillac SRX models in the U.S. equipped with power height adjustable driver or front passenger seat structures.

The bolt that secures the height adjuster actuator can fall out, allowing the seat to move up and down without restraint. GM is aware of one crash and three injuries but no fatalities related to this condition.

•124,008 model year 2014 Chevrolet Caprice, 2014 Chevrolet SS, 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado standard duty and heavy duty, 2013-2014 Cadillac ATS, 2014 Cadillac CTS, 2014 Cadillac ELR; 2013-2014 Buick Encore; and 2014-2015 GMC Sierra standard and heavy duty, because some might have a defective seat weld that won't hold the seat in place properly.

Dealers will inspect the weld. If it is insufficient, dealers will replace the lower seat track at no charge. Fewer than 1% of welds are expected to require seat track replacement. GM is unaware of any crashes or injuries as a result of this issue.

•120,426 2011-2013 model year Buick Regal and 2013 model year Chevrolet Malibus equipped with front turn signals that use two bulbs in each front turn signal. If one of the two bulbs burns out in either signal, the turn-signal indicator on the instrument panel still will flash normally, giving the driver no warning of the problem.

Dealers will reprogram the body control module to fix the condition. GM knows of no crashes, injuries or complaints related to this issue.

•57,242 2014 Chevrolet Impalas equipped with belt-drive electric power steering. Paint could have seeped onto a connection, creating a poor electrical ground connection. Power assist to the steering can fail. The cars still can be steered, but require much more effort.

Dealers will inspect and clean paint from behind the ground nut, re-torque the nut and update the power steering control module software at no charge. GM is aware of one crash but no injuries or fatalities related to this condition.

•1,919 2014-2015 Chevrolet Sparks imported from Korea assembled with a lower control arm bolt not fastened to specification. The defect can result in loss of steering while driving.

Dealers will inspect the left and right hand lower control arm attaching bolts to assure they are tightened to specification. GM knows of no crashes, injuries or fatalities related to this condition.

•22 2015 model year Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban and GMC Yukon/Yukon Denali vehicles in the U.S. The roof rails might have been installed with the wrong hardware, tearing or punching holes in the roof-rail safety air bags. Eight of these vehicles are in dealer stock and will be repaired before being sold.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hyundai
Earlier this week, Hyundai announced a recall of 883,000 vehicles. That number just got a lot higher.

On Friday, the automaker announced that it’s recalling 419,000 additional vehicles in three separate actions. The issues include brake, electrical and suspension malfunctions, according to documents posted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website.

The largest action announces the recall of 225,000 Santa Fe vehicles from 2001-2006. In this case, the front coil spring may fracture as a result of corrosion causing it to “make contact with the tire,” possibly puncturing it and “increasing the risk of a vehicle crash,” according to the online document.

The regional recall includes the District of Columbia and 20 “salt belt” states...

The second largest action accounts for 133,000 2011 Hyundai Sonatas that were manufactured between 2009 and 2010. The vehicles may suffer from “an insufficient seal” that causes brake lines to start leaking hydraulic fluid.

The third covers 61,000 Veracruz crossovers from model years 2007 to 2012 due to potential oil leakage from the cylinder head. As a result, the engine could stall, increasing the likelihood of a crash.
And, from the same article, because they haven't been pilloried quite enough...
GM, meanwhile, recalled 2.6 million cars earlier this year due to a defective ignition switch. The issue has been linked to the deaths of 13 individuals.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hos is this the first time it's happened? All the ones that I saw as a kid were easily openable.
About 2.2 million bean bag chairs are being recalled after two children opened them, crawled inside and suffocated to death.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Friday that the zippers on the chairs, which are made by Ace Bayou Corp., can open.

A 13-year-old boy from McKinney, Texas, and a 3-year-old girl from Lexington, Kentucky, were found dead inside the chairs after they suffocated from a lack of air and inhaled the chair's foam beads.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ford
Ford Motor Co. recalled about 850,000 vehicles, including two of its most popular models, on Friday amid concerns that an electrical glitch could cause the vehicles' air bags to malfunction during an accident.

The Dearborn, Mich., auto maker recalled 2013 and 2014 model year Fusion sedans, Escape crossover, C-Max hybrids and Lincoln MKZ luxury cars sold in North America, Canada and Mexico.

A short circuit in the vehicles' restraint control module could disable front and side curtain air bags in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury, Ford said. The short will illuminate a vehicle's air bag warning light. Ford said it is unaware of any accidents or injuries resulting from the defect.

This is the second time in the past two days a U.S. auto maker has issued an air-bag related recall. On Thursday, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV recalled about 350,000 vehicles around the world to repair a faulty ignition switch that in some cases could cut power to the vehicle's air bags, steering and the engine.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ferrari
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has just announced one of the weirdest recalls ever, affecting the Ferrari 458. According to the feds, owners of the Italian supercar will have to take their rides back to the dealers because a person can get trapped in the trunk.

“In the event an individual is trapped in the trunk and the latch system does not release the trunk lid, it increases the risk of personal injury or possibly death”, the NHTSA explains.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

That explains it... sorry mom!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Isgrimnur wrote:Ferrari
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has just announced one of the weirdest recalls ever, affecting the Ferrari 458. According to the feds, owners of the Italian supercar will have to take their rides back to the dealers because a person can get trapped in the trunk.

“In the event an individual is trapped in the trunk and the latch system does not release the trunk lid, it increases the risk of personal injury or possibly death”, the NHTSA explains.
Must be an Italian thing. ..

stessier

Post by stessier »

Pyperkub wrote:

Must be an Italian thing. ..
That's not a bug, it's a feature!
disarm

Post by disarm »

I don't think you could fit a person in the trunk of a Ferrari without chopping them into little pieces anyway...
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toyota
The recall affects Tacoma 4x4 and Pre-Runner models from 2005-11. A leaf in the rear suspension of these models can corrode and then crack, which might rupture the gas tank and start a fire, Toyota said.
The news comes on the same day that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced it is looking into claims from 163 owners of older Corolla models who say they’ve experienced unintended acceleration even when pressing on the brake pedal.

NHTSA will look into the issue on as many as 1.7 million Corollas from the 2006-10 model years to see whether there is a problem that warrants opening a formal investigation.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Takata airbags
Federal auto safety regulators on Monday warned the owners of about 4.7 million vehicles with defective air bags made by the Takata Corporation that they should “act immediately” to have them fixed.

The unusual action indicates a heightened concern among regulators over the air bags, which are linked to at least two deaths in the United States. In a statement, the agency said its warning was prompted by new test results from Takata.

In regulatory filings, Takata has told the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that the propellent — intended to burn quickly and produce gas to inflate the air bag — is defective. When a crash occurs, the propellent is too strong and can rupture its container, shooting metal parts at the driver or front-seat occupant.

The air bags are used in wide range of vehicles recalled over the past two years, including those made by Toyota, Honda, Mazda, BMW, Nissan and General Motors. The largest number, about 2.8 million, are made by Honda, followed by Toyota with 778,000.

The safety agency said it was particularly important for the owners of vehicles in states like Florida and Hawaii that have high humidity to act quickly in contacting auto dealers for fixes. Takata has told the safety agency it is concerned that the problem is more likely to occur in such a climate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dollar Tree
More than 11,600 boxes of Assured brand naproxen pain relief tablets distributed to Dollar Tree stores are being recalled because they might actually contain bottles of ibuprofen, a different type of pain drug.

The recall by Contract Packaging Resources, Inc. includes boxes labeled as containing 15-count bottles of 220-milligram tablets of naproxen sodium, but may actually contain bottles of ibuprofen softgels in 200 mg strength, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Gluten-free chicken
Make sure to check out those labels in your freezer before you fry up any chicken, because you really don’t want any part of this. Monday brought news that a whopping 31,000 pounds of frozen chicken products have been recalled by Murry’s Inc, a Pennsylvania-based food company, for a harrowing reason: contamination by Staphylococcus aureus, known simply to most people as the bacteria which causes staph infections. Luckily, you should be able to sort out whether you have anything to worry about pretty easily — the contaminated chicken is present in two different products with specific expiration dates from frozen food company Bell & Evans. If you’ve got a box of their 12 oz. gluten-free chicken breast nuggets or their 10.5 oz gluten-free chicken breast, and it expires on Aug. 9, 2015, do yourself a favor and throw them all away.

According to PBS, the contamination was found out by a retail sampling program conducted by the Colorado Department of Agriculture.
The recall is a voluntary one, a step taken by Murry Inc. to try to tamp down concern, and protect the consuming public — although trace amounts of the hazardous bacteria were discovered in just one box of the chicken they supplied to Bell & Evans, as Murry CEO Ira Mendelson told PBS, it was decided that a recall of all similar products was appropriate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ford
Ford is recalling more than 202,000 cars, vans and trucks in North America in five separate recalls to fix gas leaks, air bag sensors, stalling and other issues.
The biggest of the recalls announced Tuesday affects about 135,000 F-150 pickups and Ford Flex family haulers from the 2014 model year. Faulty passenger seat weight sensors can stop air bags from inflating in crashes. Dealers will widen a gap between the seat frame and track, and then recalibrate the sensors. Also covered are some 2009 through 2014 F-150s that were serviced for seat track problems this year.
— About 38,600 Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Cars from 2005 to 2011. They're being recalled for a second time to fix problems with steering shafts that can separate. Improper repairs can cause loss of steering. Dealers will inspect and replace the upper intermediate steering shaft if needed. They also will inspect lower steering column bearings and install bearing retainers if needed. Ford says it knows of one crash from this problem.

— About 27,600 Transit Connect small vans from 2014 for potential fuel line leaks. Fuel and vapor lines may have been routed incorrectly in vans with 2.5-liter engines. The lines can rub and possibly cause leaks over time. Ford says it's not aware of any fires. Dealers will inspect and reroute the lines if needed.

— About 90 Transit large vans from 2015 with 3.2-liter diesel engines. A bracket that holds the fuel filter to the frame can detach, causing engine stalling. Dealers will reinforce the underbody structure.

— About 960 F-150 pickups from 2014. A brake pedal position switch may not be set right. This could delay illumination of brake lights and require increased effort to on the pedal to shut off the cruise control. Dealers will reinstall the switch.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

McDonald's
McDonald's recalled about 2.3 million Hello Kitty toys in the U.S. and another 200K in Canada on Monday because the whistles can pose a choking hazard to young children.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Keurig
Keurig Green Mountain Inc said it would recall about 7.2 million hot beverage-brewing machinesthat could overheat and cause injury by spraying hot liquids on users.

The affected machines are Keurig Mini Plus brewers made between December 2009 and July 2014 with the model number K10 and serial numbers starting with 31, the company said on its website.

The recall affects 6.6 million machines in the United States and 564,000 in Canada.
The company said the machines could malfunction especially if used to brew more than two cups in quick succession.

Keurig has received about 90 reports of injuries caused by hot liquid escaping from the machines, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Isgrimnur wrote:Keurig
Keurig Green Mountain Inc said it would recall about 7.2 million hot beverage-brewing machinesthat could overheat and cause injury by spraying hot liquids on users.

The affected machines are Keurig Mini Plus brewers made between December 2009 and July 2014 with the model number K10 and serial numbers starting with 31, the company said on its website.

The recall affects 6.6 million machines in the United States and 564,000 in Canada.
The company said the machines could malfunction especially if used to brew more than two cups in quick succession.

Keurig has received about 90 reports of injuries caused by hot liquid escaping from the machines, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said.
Yeah, I have one of those, they sent me an email to call and request a repair kit. Bought it to use at work but it turned out to be more trouble than it's worth since the power cord on that thing is about a foot long, and I don't have any available outlets within easy reach.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Awww I wanted to post about the coffee pots attacking people. :(
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GM
General Motors confirmed three new recalls on Thursday affecting almost 84,000 SUVs and pickup trucks, over ignition system issues.

GM said their ignition systems could have problems that affect engine power and air bag deployment, issues that the automaker dealt with for most of last year, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Though approximately 83,572 vehicles were being recalled for the problem, GM said it expects fewer than 500 will be affected by the defect of the ignition lock actuator having an outer diameter that tops specifications.

GM said that the recall covers select Chevrolet Silverado light-duty and heavy-duty pickups, several Avalanche, Tahoe and Suburban; GMC Sierra light duty and heavy-duty pickups, and Yukon and Yukon XL; Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT.

The recall covers models form 2011 and 2012, and 2007-2014 vehicles that have been fixed with defective parts.

Additional recalls confirmed on Thursday covers a faulty hose clamp in 56 Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD pickup trucks from the 2015 model year.

The third concerns 152 2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC 1500 pickup trucks over worries that the rear axle shaft could fracture while vehicles are being driven, according to The Detroit News.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ford does recall because it has a crappy UI

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/01/07 ... ix_the_ui/

Edit:

You want to talk about crappy UI? These safety improved thick bars that support the rood between the windshield and front doors (whatever they're called) that tilt in drastically on modern Ford's (all cars?) suck it hard. I find myself leaning to the right, which does not help my back, and a damned 2.5" thick bar in my driving field of vision is beyond annoying.
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nice.