Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Recall Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Re: Recall Thread

Post by LordMortis » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:34 am

Losartan (and before that other blood pressure meds)

Funny how my med packaging changed apparently after they had to do a recall on Losartan after they did a voluntary recall of another blood pressure med earlier this year...

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm636624.htm

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high ... ls-2018-19

Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:25 am

My wife took Losartan.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:39 am

Losartan is also one of my meds along with the Amlodopine that was recalled earlier. I'm taking two other pills - welcome to soft, pudgy middle age. :(

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:41 am

Smoove_B wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:39 am
Losartan is also one of my meds along with the Amlodopine that was recalled earlier. I'm taking two other pills - welcome to soft, pudgy carcinogen middle age. :(

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Wed May 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Ford
Ford Motor said Wednesday that it is recalling more than 270,000 Fusion vehicles in North America to fix a transmission glitch that can can cause the car to shift gears and roll away.

The recall is for 2013-16 Fusion vehicles with 2.5 liter engines that were built at the automaker’s Flat Rock, Michigan and Hermosillo, Mexico assembly plants.

The company said the bushing that attaches the shifter cable to the vehicle’s transmission may detach, which can result in “unintended vehicle movement.” Ford said it is aware of three reports of property damage due to the issue and one injury “potentially” related to the problem.
Ford also recalled about 3,000 2019 Ranger pickup trucks in the United States and Canada that were built at the company’s Michigan assembly plant. The automaker cited another transmission issue for the Ranger recalls, saying that the transmission shift cable bracket in affected vehicles may not have been torqued correctly and can eventually come lose.

This can cause the vehicle to shift into a different gear than the one selected by the driver, which can lead to the pickup truck rolling away and “increasing the risk of crash or injury.”
Silver - 1k

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil » Fri May 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Pyperkub wrote:
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:34 pm
Isgrimnur wrote:Ferrari
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has just announced one of the weirdest recalls ever, affecting the Ferrari 458. According to the feds, owners of the Italian supercar will have to take their rides back to the dealers because a person can get trapped in the trunk.

“In the event an individual is trapped in the trunk and the latch system does not release the trunk lid, it increases the risk of personal injury or possibly death”, the NHTSA explains.
Must be an Italian thing. ..
In certain circles this can be considered a feature...
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu May 23, 2019 12:30 pm

CNN
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service has issued a recall for more than 62,000 pounds of raw beef due to E. coli concerns.
Here are some things to keep in mind when checking your labels:

The meat was packaged at the Aurora Packing Company, Inc in North Aurora, Illinois on April 19, but was shipped nationwide for distribution.

According to the USDA's announcement, the products being recalled have the establishment number "EST. 788" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The recall includes more than 40 products, most of which are cuts of steak, like ribeyes, as well as ribs and brisket cuts.
Silver - 1k

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Fri May 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Target
Target has issued a recall for 90,000 of its Heyday Lightning cables after it received over a dozen reports of the cables smoking, sparking, or igniting, MacRumors reports. According to a recall notice issued by the United State Consumer Product Safety Commission, there have been two reports of people suffering finger burns from the cables, and they can also pose a shock hazard.

The recall is bad news for Heyday, Target’s first-ever consumer electronics brand. Speaking to Forbes last year, Target’s executive vice president and chief merchandising officer Mark Tritton said that the “disruptor” brand had been designed and developed internally at the retailer. The recall notice says that defective Lightning cables were sold as far back as June 2018, the same month Target launched the Heyday brand.
Silver - 1k

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Fri May 31, 2019 5:28 pm

Volvo
Volvo has issued a recall on some its 2019 S60 sedans made in Berkeley County.

A total of 8,266 cars could be impacted by the recall, according to documents from the National Highway and Safety Administration. It includes S60 sedans made at the plant from September of 2018 until April 1.

The rear suspension toe link flange lock nuts may not have been properly tightened, possibly resulting in a sudden change in vehicle handling, documents stated.
Silver - 1k

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Fri May 31, 2019 5:28 pm

Fisher Price
It was 2009, and a small team of engineers at the toy company outside Buffalo seemed to have solved one of the most vexing problems for new parents: getting babies to sleep. Their invention was an inclined sleeper. They named it the Rock ‘n Play. It held babies on their backs in a padded frame at a 30-degree angle, like a recliner. There was nothing else like it. Cribs and bassinets lie flat. The difference was spelled out right on the box: “Baby can sleep at a comfortable incline all night long!”
Over the next decade, Fisher-Price would sell 4.7 million Rock ‘n Play Sleepers at $50 to $80 each.

But Fisher-Price developed its revolutionary product based on faulty beliefs about infant sleep, with no clinical research into whether it was safe, and, rather than seeking the advice of pediatricians, consulted just a single doctor — a family physician from Texas whose expertise had already been doubted by judges and who would eventually lose his medical license, according to a review by The Washington Post of thousands of pages of court depositions, emails and medical studies, along with interviews of doctors and regulators.
Last month, the Rock ‘n Play was recalled by Fisher-Price after a series of infant deaths. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), which helped coordinate the recall, said more than 30 babies died in the product after they turned over while unrestrained or “under other circumstances.” But regulators did not definitively blame the product for the deaths. The recall followed a report by Consumer Reports magazine days earlier that was the first to document concerns about the product’s development and pushed for the recall after it obtained agency records about the deaths. Two weeks later, another 700,000 inclined sleepers made by another firm, Kids II, were recalled in relation to five more deaths.
Unexpected sleep deaths are the leading cause of accidental fatalities for children younger than 1 in the United States, killing 3,600 infants annually. While the causes of these deaths often remain medical mysteries, experts say they do know how to make sleep safer.

Yet the Rock ‘n Play’s design appeared to conflict with longtime American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines on what constitutes safe infant sleep. These guidelines have recommended since the mid-1990s that babies sleep faceup in an empty crib or bassinet to avoid accidental suffocation. The Back to Sleep campaign — supported by U.S. medical authorities — also says babies should not sleep for long periods in inclined devices such as car seats or infant swings for the same reasons. Studies credit this advice with slashing U.S. infant sleep deaths in half over the past two decades.
Silver - 1k

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 pm

WNEP

For the second time in two weeks, flour is being recalled because of E. coli fears.

This time it’s 4,620 cases of Pillsbury Best 5-pound Bread Flour, sold by Hometown Food Company and distributed in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

The flour was manufactured by ADM Milling Co. in Buffalo, New York.

The products being recalled have UPC codes of 051500200315, lot codes of either 8342 or 8343 and use by dates of either June 8, 2020, or June 9, 2020.
Silver - 1k

Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:10 pm

I see recalls left and right because of stuff in the food like rocks or plastic pieces or rubber. Are these companies no longer inspected? Are they still using ancient equipment that is falling apart? Scary.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:16 pm

What, you don't like rocks in your breakfast wraps? Plastic in your spaghetti sauce or chicken fritters? Undeclared eggs in your bacon quiche?
Silver - 1k

stessier

Post by stessier » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Daehawk wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:10 pm
I see recalls left and right because of stuff in the food like rocks or plastic pieces or rubber. Are these companies no longer inspected? Are they still using ancient equipment that is falling apart? Scary.
I suspect it is more likely that it has always been this way, we're just better at catching it now and reporting/recalling things.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:16 pm
Undeclared eggs in your bacon quiche?
That one baffled me a bit until I followed your link. I mean, how can you not mention eggs in quiche, since they're really kind of a staple ingredient in quiche? Turns out they attached a label for macaroni and cheese to their quiche packaging.
We had subs. It was crazy

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm

ImLawBoy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:16 pm
Undeclared eggs in your bacon quiche?
That one baffled me a bit until I followed your link. I mean, how can you not mention eggs in quiche, since they're really kind of a staple ingredient in quiche? Turns out they attached a label for macaroni and cheese to their quiche packaging.
Even better. It's "approximately 51 pounds" of product.
Silver - 1k