Guess the movie???

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Exrod

Guess the movie???

Post by Exrod »

I rented a movie from Netflix and watched about half of it before it froze. Ejected disk and found a nasty crack, had to give up watching it. My buddy is bringing a copy over tomorrow so I can finish watching it.

Here is the riddle:

I am bummed because I don't know how the movie started. I do know exactly how it ends.

Name the movie.

BTW - I watched it normally, chapter 1 on until it froze.
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Memento
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Citizen Kane
Discalced

Post by Discalced »

Mulholland Drive. It ends with you being just as confused as you were when it began.
disarm

Post by disarm »

ImLawBoy wrote:Memento
i'd say this is the right answer...not many other movies play out in reverse. it's definitely worth finishing though - great movie 8)
The Evil Dead

Post by The Evil Dead »

Identity?
Listen to the Eels
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Memento. My personal favorite movie.
I'm special!
Exrod

Post by Exrod »

ImLawBoy wrote:Memento
Got it, of course.

Yeah, it was very engaging - i was bummed when I had to shut it down. I sat there looking at the disk wondering, "hmm Maybe it won't shatter." Luckily Jow is coming out tonight for some gaming and is bringing his copy.

We'll probably end up playing Dawn of War where he always ends up with some big huge guys that I don't know how to get. He had some mega robot last time we played who squished all my little alien guys. BTW - How come every single RTS I play makes me just want to go back to Starcraft?
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Jow

Post by Jow »

Cus I've played it a bunch and it was only your first time? That big megarobot was the Bloodthirster, btw. I'll show ya how to get him going later if we play. :)

Funny enough, I could never get into Starcraft. I think I was the only gamer in history to buy and actually return it (and for me returning games is unheard of).

Back on topic, I bought the original release of Memento back in the day, only to discover later that they released a 2-disc set. I wouldn't have minded getting my hands on that, but was ticked off that I bought the original without knowing there was another set coming and totally refused to spend money on the same movie twice. Eh, so it goes.

What are the other fellas looking to play, or has there been any thought on it?
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Jow always cheats in games it seems. That's why he managed to get so far ahead of me in the WoW beta, after all :P
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
Jow

Post by Jow »

I was playin that hot and heavy for a while. Got kinda burned out on it a few months ago and haven't touched it since. May go back at some point.

Amusing note: Not too long before I took a break from it I got an email from Blizzard saying they'd determined my nick "Hoochiemama" was against policy and that they were going to have to change it to something else. They decided on "Ingalm". What the hell is an Ingalm? *shrug*

Everything BUT gaming... Blargh!
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Alot of people seem to like Momento. But, to me, it's just a normal story with a trick telling.