JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Post by Octavious »

Can't wait!! I can't even recall the last time I was actually so excited for a show to come out. It better be freaking good! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Octavious on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
YellowKing

Re: Justified Tonight 10 PM FX!

Post by YellowKing »

Entertainment Weekly gave it an A and high praise.

<cue hepcat heckling me about my EW addiction in 3....2....>
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

YellowKing wrote:Entertainment Weekly gave it an A and high praise.

<cue hepcat heckling me about my EW addiction in 3....2....>
...1. did you get a chance to renew your people subscription? i know you were worried about missing out on any brangelina news.

justified was excellent. loved the setting, the actors were great and the story fun. really looking forward to more. i hope it has a long run.
He won. Period.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Didn't watch it yet because the wife fell asleep. Grrr..
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Thanks for the reminder. I saw this thread just after the show had started but since FX runs one show and then reruns it right after I got it. Just weird that they started it at 9:10 and 10:10. I hope the dvr got it all.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

EvilHomer3k wrote:Thanks for the reminder. I saw this thread just after the show had started but since FX runs one show and then reruns it right after I got it. Just weird that they started it at 9:10 and 10:10. I hope the dvr got it all.
Oh crud don't say that. It's going to cut off the last 10 minutes of my recording. :( They do that on purpose to jack DVR's

EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

The channel guide for Dish said it was 10:10-11:10 so I'm hopeful that is not the case (at least for me). I know it started recording right on time for me so I think I'm okay.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

They do that on purpose to jack DVR's
Then I'll go download a torrent of the episode to jack them for jacking my DVR.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

DVR Recorded from 10 to 10:11. Yippie! :horse:

Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

I liked it.
Spoiler:
I do hate Walter Goggins though, since he never seems to play anything but a cracker shitbag. I suppose that means he is a good actor. I am not happy that he will be back. I loved the shotgun moment with the dumbass. And I chuckled at the bit where the boss said "I told that girl to be polite."
Here's hoping that the show goes on for as long as The Shield did.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Doomboy wrote:I liked it.
Spoiler:
I do hate Walter Goggins though, since he never seems to play anything but a cracker shitbag. I suppose that means he is a good actor. I am not happy that he will be back. I loved the shotgun moment with the dumbass. And I chuckled at the bit where the boss said "I told that girl to be polite."
Goggins is da man! I thought he was great in the show. Sure, he's typecast since The Shield, but I don't mind when he's that convincing as the psychotic cracker.
He won. Period.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Octavious230 wrote:DVR Recorded from 10 to 10:11. Yippie! :horse:

my old DISH DVR recorded the show from start to finish....it would even follow a golf tourney into a playoff for 20-30 minutes over the listed time....

my new U-Verse DVR cuts everything off exactly at the minute the guide says it ends....
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Just watched it and I give it a hearty two thumbs up. :mrgreen:

JonathanStrange

Post by JonathanStrange »

I enjoyed this episode - from the confrontation with the Pulp Fiction baddie to the Shield baddie. So I'm probably going to watch again - I'll make the time for this.
The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of OctopusOverlords.com, the forum members of OctopusOverlords, the elusive Mr. Norrell, or JonathanStrange.

Books Read 2013
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Octavious230 wrote:Just watched it and I give it a hearty two thumbs up. :mrgreen:
+1
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
WPD

Post by WPD »

It was pretty awesome. I just wish he didn't say "justified" so often. It distracted me (though I think he only said it 3 times).
Later ya'll.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

hepcat wrote:
Doomboy wrote:I liked it.
Spoiler:
Goggins is da man! I thought he was great in the show. Sure, he's typecast since The Shield, but I don't mind when he's that convincing as the psychotic cracker.
He wasn't always a cracker shitbag on the shield. For most of it's run he was more of a doting toadie.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

WPD wrote:It was pretty awesome. I just wish he didn't say "justified" so often. It distracted me (though I think he only said it 3 times).
agreed. hopefully they'll stop.

on a side note, very few actors play quiet and angry/quiet and deadly like Olyphant. I hope that the show explores his anger and its source slowly, instead of resolving it in the first season.

on a second side note, i'm also surprised every time i read that Olyphant is in his early forties.
He won. Period.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They will never resolve his anger. That's the best role that he plays. If anything they will just make him angrier until he explodes into a killing spree. :) As for them saying Justified 3 times the show wasn't actually called Justified when they filmed the episode it was called Lawman so I'll give them a pass on that one.

Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

hepcat wrote:
WPD wrote:It was pretty awesome. I just wish he didn't say "justified" so often. It distracted me (though I think he only said it 3 times).

on a side note, very few actors play quiet and angry/quiet and deadly like Olyphant. I hope that the show explores his anger and its source slowly, instead of resolving it in the first season.

on a second side note, i'm also surprised every time i read that Olyphant is in his early forties.
I didn't even notice him saying that, except maybe for when he was being interviewed by the DOJ at the beginning. The only way I could become irritated by it is if he starts shouting "Justified!" every time he shoots a bad guy.
WPD

Post by WPD »

Doomboy wrote:
hepcat wrote:

I didn't even notice him saying that, except maybe for when he was being interviewed by the DOJ at the beginning. The only way I could become irritated by it is if he starts shouting "Justified!" every time he shoots a bad guy.
He said it then, at the end when he was talking to his wife and at some other point...maybe when he was talking to the guy he shot?
As for them saying Justified 3 times the show wasn't actually called Justified when they filmed the episode it was called Lawman so I'll give them a pass on that one.
Yeah, it is really a very minor quibble...unless they keep doing it.
Later ya'll.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is an excellent show. Olyphant really has the cool anger down pat and the characters he runs into are so far pretty interesting and unique. I'm really enjoying this.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
moghedian

Post by moghedian »

Excellent show indeed..... :D
A carousel horse, who is constantly lost...Standing still but always running
Octavious

Re: Justified ON FX!

Post by Octavious »

Updated the title as it's not on every day at 10PM. ;) Second episode was great as well and I'll be watching this one every week. The letting the prisoner drive the car bugged me but whatever..

raydude

Post by raydude »

Octavious230 wrote:Updated the title as it's not on every day at 10PM. ;) Second episode was great as well and I'll be watching this one every week. The letting the prisoner drive the car bugged me but whatever..
Spoiler for people who may eventually want to read Elmore Leonard's books. Especially the ones with Raylan Givens in them:
Spoiler:
The scene where he lets Boyd drive the car is similar to the intro to the book "Riding the Rap". Only in the book it sets up Raylan as more badass and confident. In fact, there is a point, after Raylan has Boyd handcuff himself to the steering wheel, where they are actually rear-ended by thugs intent on doing a carjacking. Raylan notices in the side mirror that the thugs are armed and slowly gets out, feigning naivete. The thugs don't know he's a marshal and Raylan notices that the trunk is slightly ajar. And in it is his shotgun.

The one thug tells Raylan they just want his car and the other thug, going to the driver's seat, calls out to him to "Check this out", meaning Boyd. As they get distracted Raylan reaches in, grabs the shotgun and racks it, getting their attention. Scene ends with the two thugs in front, handcuffed to each other and Raylan in the backseat with his shotgun.

Personally I wish they'd have added that too. It would have juxtaposed nicely with the escaped convict getting the drop on Raylan in the convenience store.
Toe

Post by Toe »

I thought the 2nd episode was pretty weak. They spent too much time with the theives which were horrible actors, not that Tim is that great himself. They need less acting, more action if they want me to keep watching every week.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Toe wrote:I thought the 2nd episode was pretty weak. They spent too much time with the theives which were horrible actors, not that Tim is that great himself. They need less acting, more action if they want me to keep watching every week.
What he said...but completely opposite. :wink:
He won. Period.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

hepcat wrote:
Toe wrote:I thought the 2nd episode was pretty weak. They spent too much time with the theives which were horrible actors, not that Tim is that great himself. They need less acting, more action if they want me to keep watching every week.
What he said...but completely opposite. :wink:
+1... You really think Timothy Olyphant is a bad actor? Sure he pretty much plays the same role over and over but I'd say that's because he's awesome at it...

WPD

Post by WPD »

I haven't had a chance to watch the 2nd episode...what's the count on the number of times justified was said? I need to know whether or not to bother. :wink:
Later ya'll.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I don't think they said it at all in the second episode.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

we did learn in this past episode that he has tourettes and that causes him to yell out 'JUSTIFIED!' from time to time.
He won. Period.
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

I thought he only yelled it after shooting people. Which he does that at least twelve times per episode.

Then there was that strange bit where his boss just said "justified" over and over and over for three minutes. That was just plain weird.
KeriKitKat

Post by KeriKitKat »

I love this show, too, hope it stays good.

I will resist posting any shirtless pictures of the star, as I'm not sure most of you would appreciate that as much as I do.
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Anyone watch the third episode that can tell me what happened after Travis Travers left the bookie's house? My dvr didn't get the last part. :(
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

KeriKitKat wrote:I love this show, too, hope it stays good.

I will resist posting any shirtless pictures of the star, as I'm not sure most of you would appreciate that as much as I do.
My students keep telling me I look like the actor from Hitman. Just happens to be Timothy Oliphant. I am not at all insulted. Sadly, I would have to say they are delusional but I'm not going to break that illusion. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Best...episode...yet.

"The little gay dude?"
"He wasn't gay! He was an elf!"
"You tryin' to tell me you're gay, Rollie?"

:lol:
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

KeriKitKat, you'll get a kick out of this.

We're watching the third episode last night and my wife exclaims, "Damn, he's hot."

Indignant, I say, "You do know he's in his 40's right?"

She replies, "You're almost in your 40's too."

Ouch.

(For the record, I am 35. She has a very liberal definition of "almost.") :x
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

YellowKing wrote:KeriKitKat, you'll get a kick out of this.

We're watching the third episode last night and my wife exclaims, "Damn, he's hot."

Indignant, I say, "You do know he's in his 40's right?"

She replies, "You're almost in your 40's too."

Ouch.

(For the record, I am 35. She has a very liberal definition of "almost.") :x
As a 41 year old I approve of this post.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm 43 but my friends all tell me I have the body of a 72 year old...

...sadly, i take this as a compliment.
He won. Period.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

hepcat wrote:I'm 43 but my friends all tell me I have the body of a 72 year old...

...sadly, i take this as a compliment.
You told Chaosraven and I we could leave that at your place. It is not our fault if your friends found it.