concerts....who you seeing?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Skinypupy

Re: concerts....who you seeing?

Post by Skinypupy »

Skinypupy wrote:Debating whether or not do travel somewhere for the Slayer/Lamb of God/Behemoth tour that was just announced for this summer.
Lamb of God and Behemoth (the two bands out of the three that I'd really like to see) just announced a SLC show on an off-day for the Slayer tour (Aug 18).

IN!!!
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Skinypupy wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:Debating whether or not do travel somewhere for the Slayer/Lamb of God/Behemoth tour that was just announced for this summer.
Lamb of God and Behemoth (the two bands out of the three that I'd really like to see) just announced a SLC show on an off-day for the Slayer tour (Aug 18).

IN!!!
Damn, that's what I wanted!

I love Slayer and they are always a good time. But after 4 straight years of them, I'm wanting to take a break.

I just really want to see LoG and Behemoth.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I'm debating buying tickets for Scorpions/Megadeth this September. Any seats that are half-decent aren't exactly cheap, and I don't like Megadeth...but I love Scorpions, plus they are playing a venue that's about 5 minutes away from my house. It's a tough one :)
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Got tix to see Drive-By Truckers at Bell's Brewery in July.

I was looking at their dates for their latest tour and annoyed that, as usual, they have no MI dates but then WOW, they are playing at Bell's.

This will be a fun outdoor show and even though it is only like 43 miles from my door to Bell's, and my car knows the way, we will be getting a room for the night.

Another one to look forward to!
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

2Chainz free concert tomorrow at Denver 420 rally!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Z-Corn wrote:Got tix to see Drive-By Truckers at Bell's Brewery in July.

I was looking at their dates for their latest tour and annoyed that, as usual, they have no MI dates but then WOW, they are playing at Bell's.

This will be a fun outdoor show and even though it is only like 43 miles from my door to Bell's, and my car knows the way, we will be getting a room for the night.

Another one to look forward to!
Saw them in January. They're clearly pissed off about the political situation these days, but it's really energized them. They didn't bother with the theatrics of leaving and then coming back for an encore - they just played straight through. They pretty much blew the roof off the joint with a scorching cover of "Rockin' in the Free World" to close things out.

The wife and I got tickets to see The Hold Steady in June at Thalia Hall in Chicago. We tried to get tickets to see them at the small dive bar The Empty Bottle the same weekend, but that sold out way too quickly. Going to Thalia Hall isn't a bad consolation prize, though.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

My friends and I are pretty pissed off about the political situation and love doing a scorching version of Rockin' in the Free World in our shows too. But we're no DBT. I'd love to see them soon.

Going to try to get Gorillaz tickets in a few hours :shock:
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

JetFred wrote:Going to try to get Gorillaz tickets in a few hours :shock:
Got 'em! Duluth, GA.
I have but one advocate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Too bad no one posted in my thread about it. :(
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

ImLawBoy wrote:The wife and I got tickets to see The Hold Steady in June at Thalia Hall in Chicago. We tried to get tickets to see them at the small dive bar The Empty Bottle the same weekend, but that sold out way too quickly. Going to Thalia Hall isn't a bad consolation prize, though.
I got geeked up for a minute there to think The Hold Steady were touring again but then when I checked I saw it's just that weekend thing.

Cool you guys got tix for at least one of the shows, I know y'all are big fans!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Taking my mom to see Neil Diamond in June for a belated Christmas present. It's his 50th anniversary tour (insane!).

Bought tickets to see Hans Zimmer in July. Apparently he puts on quite the show, as evidenced by this piece from his Coachella set.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I haven't seen a show in a long damned time but I think I will try for this one. It's on a Saturday

Enlarge Image
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Saw Gojira and Opeth at Red Rocks last week and wow!!!

Epic! Arguably my personal favorite concert I've attended.

Red Rocks was sold out and standing room only. The show was also recorded for a future DVD release.

Devin Townsend was the first opener and while he was definitely entertaining, i don't care for his music.

Gojira was next and absolutely killed it. Their energy is off the charts. Song highlights for me was Stranded and Flying Whales.

Opeth was equally as good as Gojira. If there's another group that's better musically than Opeth, I don't know who they are. These guys are just awesome.

All three groups just seemed excited to be playing at Red Rocks for a standing room only crowd. Incredible show.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

stubhub.com IS good for something - i recommend checking there an hour or two before shows start, when people try to firesale their tickets for the show they can't attend. i got a $60 PJ Harvey ticket for $6 (+ $3.88 service charge). (and out of the now three times i've seen her, this was the best one by far)
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

U2 and Mumford and Sons last night in Seattle.

What a great show. :D
tgb

Post by tgb »

Exodor wrote:Mumford and Sons last night in Seattle.
Was Aunt Esther with them?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Not a concert per se, but tlr has been waiting years for Beautiful to hit Tucson, and it's finally been announced for later in the year, so I guess I'm going.

Has anyone seen it?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Exodor wrote:U2 and Mumford and Sons last night in Seattle.

What a great show. :D
I was there, too! Probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. Amazing.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Roman

Post by Roman »

Wasn't able to snag U2 tickets but I did land tickets for Depeche Mode. New album isn't very good but here's hoping they stick to the classics!
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Roman wrote:Wasn't able to snag U2 tickets but I did land tickets for Depeche Mode. New album isn't very good but here's hoping they stick to the classics!
i've been saying that about all their albums since Alan Wilder left the band, but i still go see them on every tour.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Next up: I just found out my wife got us tickets to see The War on Drugs, Oct. 11—Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.
DD*

Post by DD* »

I was going to see Soundgarden but apparently there was some hang-up with the show.

(too soon?)
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Yeah. Too soon.

Everclear for me tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My colleague has Soundgarden tickets for May 26th.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Kurth wrote:Next up: I just found out my wife got us tickets to see The War on Drugs, Oct. 11—Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.
Don't really know the band but the Schnitz is probably my favorite concert venue in Portland. Big enough to get big tours (I've seen the Cure and Dead Can Dance there) but still a seated venue with good sound.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Mike Patton is apparently touring with Dead Cross. I gots someone picking me up a ticket. I've never seen Mike Patton in any of his bands and always wanted to. But knowing me I'll back out last minute have them give the ticket to someone else.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

LordMortis wrote:Mike Patton is apparently touring with Dead Cross. I gots someone picking me up a ticket. I've never seen Mike Patton in any of his bands and always wanted to. But knowing me I'll back out last minute have them give the ticket to someone else.
Dead Cross was on the 70K cruise in 2016. I checked them out, just because Lombardo was in the band.

They were beyond awful. I'm talking "one of the two or three absolute worst bands I've ever seen" level of awful. I'm all about different strokes for different folks, but I'd recommend staying far, far away...they were honestly that bad. Patton wasn't the singer when we saw them, so if anyone can save them, he probably could. But holy shit, dude, they just suuuuuuuuuucked.

If you can get through 2 minutes of this, you're a better man than me.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Skinypupy wrote:If you can get through 2 minutes of this, you're a better man than me.
Is that with Mike Patton singing? I liked it...
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Z-Corn wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:If you can get through 2 minutes of this, you're a better man than me.
Is that with Mike Patton singing? I liked it...
Yep
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Was able to cross off one of my "bucket list" bands last night. Pallbearer was absolutely amazing.

Going through my list after the show, and while there's lots of bands I'd like to see, there's really only two "absolutely must see" bands left: Opeth and Sigh. Opeth has been to the US a couple times, but I've never been able to sync them with my work schedule. I'm sure I'll catch them eventually. Sigh will be the trickier one. Obscure Japanese metal bands don't often tour the US. Fingers crossed that I can catch them at a festival someday.

Next up will be Epica/Lacuna Coil in June, Iron Maiden/Ghost in July, then Behemoth/Lamb of God in August.
tgb

Post by tgb »

So we saw Dead & Company last up in Phoenix, and it was a pretty uneven show.

First of all, the Grateful Dead would have been a much better band if John Mayer was there all along. Not only is he a better singer than Garcia (something the Dead always desperately needed), but also a better guitarist, with a much broader range.

Unfortunately, for most of the evening he spent his time emulating Garcia's tone and leads, which seemed to be what most of the crowd wanted. That meant lots of aimless noodling. But even on vintage material like Casey Jones, he brought a new level of energy that the Dead had never had before. Even tlr and her Deadhead friends agreed is was a major improvement.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Skinypupy wrote:Next up will be Epica/Lacuna Coil in June, Iron Maiden/Ghost in July, then Behemoth/Lamb of God in August.
I would go see Epica/Lacuna Coil and Iron Maiden/Ghost. Not into the last two. I'm just chiming in to say I got a kick out of Lacuna Coil in front of the most chill metal crowd of all time in Asheville, NC a couple of years ago. They let fans file past to meet them afterwards, just no photo ops. I'm a bit let down by their new album, not because they tried to go heavier but because they didn't do it well, IMHO. We saw them after Broken Crown Halo which I like.
I have but one advocate.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Just got back from seeing Lake Street Dive at the Ryman in Nashville. As I was expecting, absolutely amazing show from start the finish, with the lead singer, Rachael Price, delivering the goods. We had great seats, 1st row of bench seats, technically 3rd row. Sarah Jarosz opened up and did a pretty good job. Not my particular groove, but she can draw you in.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Midnight Oil tonight was great. this was my third time seeing them - they just need to come out with a new album, now. openers All Our Exes Live In Texas were a folk/bluegrass/country-inspired troupe from Sydney, but that's not really the kind of music they play, if you get my drift, lol
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Got tix for the 8/27 Project Pabst festival in Portland. I'm not a real festival guy, but two of my favorites, Beck and Spoon, are playing, so I'm in!
tgb

Post by tgb »

Tajmo tonight. We're pretty stoked.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

The Hold Steady tonight! I think this is the first time my wife and I have gone out alone since we saw DBT back in February.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Probably Steve Earle & the Dukes in July.
I have but one advocate.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

ImLawBoy wrote:The Hold Steady tonight! I think this is the first time my wife and I have gone out alone since we saw DBT back in February.
Did his goats put on a good show?
mori

Post by mori »

Went to Ghost and Iron Maiden last night. I think that is my last general admission concert of that genre I am going to. I want seats next time. Standing for over 5 hours and getting the shit kicked out of me for 3, I am too old for that shit. I was at ground zero of the mosh pit and got separated from the rest of my group about the third song in during the Ghost performance. But I had the mosh pit in front of me after that and I definitely prefer that then having it behind me or beside me. The rest of my crew were not so lucky. We were about 40 ft from the stage. My back and my bum shoulder are killing me today.

The Ghost performance was interesting. I knew nothing of the band besides being a costume band from Sweden. The singer sucked. Total nasally sound and talked too much. But the band sounded good and rocked hard. Put on a good show. Iron Maiden sounded good. Seeing them up close you realize how old they are getting. Bruce and the rest of the band still have good energy and pleased the crowd with mostly Book of Souls material but with classics sprinkled in. They played about an hour and 45 minutes.