Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Re: Pet Pictures, Winter 2010 Edition!

Post by Jaymann »

Booner wrote:
Jaymann wrote:Image

Walter, the African Gray
Greys are a trip. Any ideas on Walters age?

When I was around 20, a GFs was staying with her grandmother who had two Greys, along with a very sketchy pitbull. There where a few times when I'd go to sneak out of their backdoor at dawn and...."*whistle* Come on Brit!" One of the birds would call that damn dog in perfect grandmother voice.

That's what impressed me the most about the birds, it wasn't 'squawk' polly wanna cracker squawk', but an almost perfect recreation of whomever they would pick up a phrase from. Blabbermouths too...if there was light in their room, they would be yapping back and forth, laughing (which was creepy enough from her grandmother), arguing, etc.

Pretty amazing really.
Walter is only a little over a year old, and was hand raised by his original owner. He is very tame (with me at least). He is an excellent mimic, and is just now coming into his own as a real talker. He craves attention more than anything else, so I reward him by taking him out of his cage when he says something I am trying to teach him. He can say the same words but with different people's voices. He talks the most when you are out of sight in the next room, but he knows you are there. Of course he has things like the microwave and the neighbor's cockatiel down cold.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
xenocide

Post by xenocide »

xenocide wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:19 am Cooper (left) and Drake (right) from this past summer.

Drake after a successful hunt this fall.

Old man Cooper today (with Drake peeking in). He had to have his left eye removed this fall. Now mostly retired from hunting, just tags along on a few pheasant hunts.

"What, isn't this whats for dinner?"

This is from last winter, but lets hope by posting it this winter won't be as bad.

Man time flies. Over 10 years since this post. (I think the most amazing thing is apparently I still have an active photobucket account).

Drake, the younger of the 2 dogs above, died tonight. He was old and had been going down hill for about 6 months. Still had a couple really good pheasant hunts last fall though.

He got to spend the last 10 months with his new pal Duke. Duke did pick on him somewhat but Drake picked on his older brother something fierce back in the day so I guess it was a little pay back.

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

A very nice tribute to you friends.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Time sure does pass quickly for our little guys and gals. Peace.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"