JFK conspiracy theorists rejoice, head to basements

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

JFK conspiracy theorists rejoice, head to basements

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Reuters wrote:Thousands of documents, photos and even recorded phone conversations of President John F. Kennedy are going online and available to a whole new generation of high-tech armchair historians.

The online digital archive of the 35th U.S. president was being unveiled on Thursday by the John F. Kennedy Library and Museum in Boston.

Now, instead of having to travel to Boston, historians and the general public alike will have online access to 200,000 document pages, 1,200 individual telephone conversations, speeches and meetings and 1,500 photos.

Should be some interesting material even for those of us not looking into the martian/mafia connections. Archive search here.

Opening day, 1961:
Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

NASA:
Enlarge Image
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
tgb

Re: JFK conspiracy theorists rejoice, head to basements

Post by tgb »

And what of poor Vaughn Meader? (Look it up, kiddies).
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We choose to go to the moon

Click play in the little tiny black box upper left.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

tgb wrote:And what of poor Vaughn Meader? (Look it up, kiddies).
I had that record. :shock:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
tgb

Post by tgb »

dbt1949 wrote:
I had that record. :shock:
So did most of us old farts.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Pffft. Whatever, old man.
Black Lives Matter.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Next thing you're going to say is you've never heard of Frank Gallop and THE BALLAD OF IRVING .
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The 142nd fastest gun in the West....
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I've had that song memorized since it first came out. :wink:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Its amazing how colored photos can take something that took place ages ago and make it look like just the other day.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Does this mean a slew of more "back and to the left" books?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It was 54 years ago today...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Trump Withholds JFK Files, Again

Deep State! :pop:
The John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 instructed Washington to declassify everything by October 26, 2017, but it also allowed the president to withhold documents on national security grounds. At the last minute, Trump bowed to pressure from the intelligence community and kept more than 368,000 pages under lock and key. But he also gave the agencies until today to review those files, at which point he'd decide whether to release them.

There are a lot of serious historians and journalists—and, yes, a lot of kooks too—who'd like to get their hands on those documents. But they're going to have to keep waiting. This morning Trump announced that "continued withholdings are necessary to protect against identifiable harm to national security, law enforcement, or foreign affairs." Many files are being released today, but many redactions remain. [Update: McClatchy has the totals: 3,461 documents are being released in full; 15,584 are being released with (often substantial) redactions; 520 are being kept completely private.]

Trump's order also set up another deadline. If the agencies want to keep any of this material classified past October 26, 2021, they'll need to make their case for concealment six months before then. So in another three years we'll get to do this will-they-won't-they routine yet again.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Cruz probably made a deal with Trump to protect his father.
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

Moliere wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:22 pm Trump Withholds JFK Files, Again

Deep State! :pop:
The John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 instructed Washington to declassify everything by October 26, 2017, but it also allowed the president to withhold documents on national security grounds. At the last minute, Trump bowed to pressure from the intelligence community and kept more than 368,000 pages under lock and key. But he also gave the agencies until today to review those files, at which point he'd decide whether to release them.

There are a lot of serious historians and journalists—and, yes, a lot of kooks too—who'd like to get their hands on those documents. But they're going to have to keep waiting. This morning Trump announced that "continued withholdings are necessary to protect against identifiable harm to national security, law enforcement, or foreign affairs." Many files are being released today, but many redactions remain. [Update: McClatchy has the totals: 3,461 documents are being released in full; 15,584 are being released with (often substantial) redactions; 520 are being kept completely private.]

Trump's order also set up another deadline. If the agencies want to keep any of this material classified past October 26, 2021, they'll need to make their case for concealment six months before then. So in another three years we'll get to do this will-they-won't-they routine yet again.
Qanon folk are going to be so sad. This was supposed to be their MOAB damnit! :horse: :D :ninja: :lol:
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

What I'd like to know:
1. Did someone review each of those 300,000+ pages to make sure there was something too secret to release, or did they simply do a computer search for keywords on those documents and if the word was on the page then that page was deemed too secret to release?
2. Has the release of secret documents about events that happened decades ago EVER caused harm to US intelligence or US agents or US interests? If so, when and what kind of harm?
DD*

Post by DD* »

gameoverman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:45 pm What I'd like to know:
1. Did someone review each of those 300,000+ pages to make sure there was something too secret to release, or did they simply do a computer search for keywords on those documents and if the word was on the page then that page was deemed too secret to release?
2. Has the release of secret documents about events that happened decades ago EVER caused harm to US intelligence or US agents or US interests? If so, when and what kind of harm?
Answers:

1. <REDACTED>
2. In <REDACTED> their was an incident with <REDACTED>, so the answer really is <REDACTED>
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

gameoverman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:45 pm What I'd like to know:
I could tell you, but then you'd have to kill me.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us