Silly pics...what'cha got??....maybe NSFW

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Carpet_pissr

Re: Silly pics...what'cha got??....maybe NSFW

Post by Carpet_pissr »

WTF. Who eats olives on hamburgers?! And more importantly, how does an olive even physically hang out on the side of one?

Might have to call BS on that. ;)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Grifman wrote:
Enough wrote:
Brian wrote:And now a word from the Overlords...
This is freaking me out.
Don't be. Scientists say so. :D

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=8304753" target="_blank
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Kasey Chang wrote:Don't be. Scientists say so. :D

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=8304753" target="_blank

Might as well just use "smart people" here...jeez. Perfect example of why I loathe local news, even when I want to see what's going on around me (although generally my local news is just a police blotter read by morons) Thank you, Ron Burgundy!

Edited to save Smoove's sanity.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

For the love of Bob -- STOP with the nested quoting of that picture. I can't take it.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Good lord do I ever wish those signs actually existed. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Remus West wrote:Good lord do I ever wish those signs actually existed. :lol:
Yep...that is awesome. Except the most annoying drivers are the slow left laners that KNOW the rules, yet still refuse to get over. This sign would probably only embolden them....after all, what is the point of doing what they do? Just because they can? Attention? Downright meanness? Drives me frickin' insane.
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Yep...that is awesome. Except the most annoying drivers are the slow left laners that KNOW the rules, yet still refuse to get over. This sign would probably only embolden them....after all, what is the point of doing what they do? Just because they can? Attention? Downright meanness? Drives me frickin' insane.
Once you acknowledge that every stranger hates you, life will get easier.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I go around them on the right and quickly cut in front of them to get back into the left lane. Real close like.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Worse than that is when they are going slow in the left lane and speed up when you try to pass them on the right, then slow down again, if you cannot pass. I know you aren't supposed to pass on the right, but you are not supposed to just sit in the left lane going slow either.
I would like to instill an asshole tax. If you do something like that you get the normal ticket, plus an additional asshole tax. If you go straight while sitting in the turn lane at a light(left lane must make left, for example), you should get a reckless driving ticket, plus an asshole tax. If you cut into an exit lane at the last second when there were 10 signs indicating your exit before hand, asshole tax. If you are making a left turn at a light and gun it when the light changes to beat the traffic coming straight at you, asshole tax. You get my point.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And here in TN is you sit in the right hand turn and do not turn on red when nothing is coming I should be able to get out and punch you and then you get an asshole tax too.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Daehawk wrote:And here in TN is you sit in the right hand turn and do not turn on red when nothing is coming I should be able to get out and punch you and then you get an asshole tax too.
That one is kinda sorta understandable if they are from a state that doesn't allow that. I once caught myself honking like a madman at someone in front of me in that situation, only to realize they didn't have SC tags, and were probably not able to turn right on red in their state. :oops: I don't think you can do that in Charlotte, for instance (not sure if a state-wide law or not). Or was it Atlanta?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Sectoid wrote:Worse than that is when they are going slow in the left lane and speed up when you try to pass them on the right, then slow down again, if you cannot pass.
LOL...that is just demented. Obviously those people are making some kind of modified free speech point or something. Every time I send a mighty glare towards these types as I am passing them on the right, I almost always get a glare back at me that seems to say "WHAT?! I HAVE A RIGHT TO DRIVE IN THIS LANE IF I WANT TO, AND SLOWLY, YOU DUMB SUMMBITCH!" :evil: :grund:
Brian

Post by Brian »

During a recent visit, my sister asked why I don't use my turn signal in traffic.

The answer is because if I do, then the person behind me in the lane I'm trying to change into will 99% of the time speed up to close the gap and prevent me from changing lanes in front of them. Also, 95% of the time, the person behind THAT asshole will speed up as well to keep me from changing lanes in front of them too.

It's better to just quickly jump into the space when it's available.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Brian wrote:During a recent visit, my sister asked why I don't use my turn signal in traffic.

The answer is because if I do, then the person behind me in the lane I'm trying to change into will 99% of the time speed up to close the gap and prevent me from changing lanes in front of them. Also, 95% of the time, the person behind THAT asshole will speed up as well to keep me from changing lanes in front of them too.

Also demented, IMO. I also chalk that up to some weird innate sense of "I know this is an asshole thing to do, but Ima do it anyway cuz I can!" That, or maybe it's people that think they should always be first, but don't want to drive the rate of speed required to be "first", and therefor try to block others from passing.

SHAKE AND BAKE, BABY, SHAKE AND BAKE!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Also, if someone in front of you is turning and has their signal on...don't turn yours on too then turn it off and go straight after they turn.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Brian wrote:During a recent visit, my sister asked why I don't use my turn signal in traffic.

Basic Offensive Driving 101
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

Carpet_pissr wrote:

Also demented, IMO. I also chalk that up to some weird innate sense of "I know this is an asshole thing to do, but Ima do it anyway cuz I can!" That, or maybe it's people that think they should always be first, but don't want to drive the rate of speed required to be "first", and therefor try to block others from passing.

SHAKE AND BAKE, BABY, SHAKE AND BAKE!

Remember, if you're not first, you're last!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

ibdoomed wrote:Remember, if you're not first, you're last!
LOL - an even more appropriate quote than mine. Well done, sir.
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

Kamikaze Swimmers Finally Reach Pearl Harbor

Courtesy of The Onion
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...
DocDarm

Post by DocDarm »

Asshole!
:ninja:
Against everything bad.
Brian

Post by Brian »

DocDarm wrote:

Asshole!
:ninja:
On the other side of the coin, if somebody signals I will let them in even if I have to slow down to do so. Nine times out of ten I won't get an acknowledgement of any kind for doing so but that tenth person that gives a "thank you" wave makes it worthwhile.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Daehawk wrote:Also, if someone in front of you is turning and has their signal on...don't turn yours on too then turn it off and go straight after they turn.
I don't even understand this one. What do you mean? Why would they turn on theirs?
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Brian

Post by Brian »

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Land Shark!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

tjg_marantz wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Also, if someone in front of you is turning and has their signal on...don't turn yours on too then turn it off and go straight after they turn.
I don't even understand this one. What do you mean? Why would they turn on theirs?
I wonder if this is some older generation thing...my Mom used to do this (and still does AFAIK) and it drove me crazy. When I asked her why in the world she would do such a potentially dangerous, or at the least, confusing and annoying thing, she said "well, I want to let the people behind me know that someone is turning in front of me". I kinda sorta understand the theory, but reaaaally bad idea in practice.

Brake lights have the same effect on people behind you...no need to confuse the issue.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
tjg_marantz wrote:
I wonder if this is some older generation thing...my Mom used to do this (and still does AFAIK) and it drove me crazy. When I asked her why in the world she would do such a potentially dangerous, or at the least, confusing and annoying thing, she said "well, I want to let the people behind me know that someone is turning in front of me". I kinda sorta understand the theory, but reaaaally bad idea in practice.

Brake lights have the same effect on people behind you...no need to confuse the issue.
WTF? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in the last 10 minutes (I don't like hyperbole, so I'll play it safe and say 10 minutes). Old people should be dumped on ice floats.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Brian wrote:
On the other side of the coin, if somebody signals I will let them in even if I have to slow down to do so. Nine times out of ten I won't get an acknowledgement of any kind for doing so but that tenth person that gives a "thank you" wave makes it worthwhile.
I always make sure I acknowledge any good deed with a wave and a smile. About what you were talking about earlier. I am convinced in many situations people just react without knowing what they are doing. For example, this happens to me all the time. I'll be behind someone in the fast lane and I pull to the next lane over to pass them. As I am passing them, often they will speed up 10 to 15 miles faster as I am passing. Once I pass them they slow down to their normal speed. I am convinced that most people are not aware they are doing this.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Brian wrote:Image
Ha! That made my morning. I love how the cat is scrambling so much that his hind legs spin in place a la cartoons, trying to haul ass outta there! That clip needs some Looney Toons sound FX.
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Ha! That made my morning. I love how the cat is scrambling so much that his hind legs spin in place a la cartoons, trying to haul ass outta there! That clip needs some Looney Toons sound FX.
That reminds me of the last time we took one of our cats to the vet. He's a handful to deal with and they only got the claws on one of his back feet trimmed but not the other foot, and our house is all hardwood, so now when he takes off one foot doesn't get traction but the other does so he's all lopsided running/slipping. It's hilarious.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Brian wrote: ...but that tenth person that gives a "thank you" wave makes it worthwhile.
I always make sure I acknowledge any good deed with a wave and a smile...
You KNOW I do too! Actually,depending on what I have with me in the car that day, I'll toss a few flowers, release a balloon or lob a few coins out the window to further signal the kind act ;)
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Brian wrote: ...but that tenth person that gives a "thank you" wave makes it worthwhile.
You KNOW I do too! Actually,depending on what I have with me in the car that day, I'll toss a few flowers, release a balloon or lob a few coins out the window to further signal the kind act ;)
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Mr Bubbles wrote:

Edit
OH MY! I'm writing to the moderator now to delete a few! I'm not noticing an option on my side. Damn iPhone!
Last edited by KKBlue on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

You broke the interwebs.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

And here I thought KKBlue was mocking me.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Wow. Just wow. :coffee:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Rip

Post by Rip »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Brian wrote:
I always make sure I acknowledge any good deed with a wave and a smile. About what you were talking about earlier. I am convinced in many situations people just react without knowing what they are doing. For example, this happens to me all the time. I'll be behind someone in the fast lane and I pull to the next lane over to pass them. As I am passing them, often they will speed up 10 to 15 miles faster as I am passing. Once I pass them they slow down to their normal speed. I am convinced that most people are not aware they are doing this.
While we are off on this tangent I will mention my driving frustration.

When the traffic is backed up in a four-lane with middle turn lane I often see someone trying to turn from the turn lane and people refuse to leave a gap for them to turn while queuing up for the light. I will stop to give them room even if it takes 5 or 6 cars from the outside lane to stop and let them go. I almost always get a wave and nod. Some times I consider pulling to the right some to make sure the right lane has to stop because there are so many assholes that will just keep going and then cut over to the left in front of me. :grund:
Brian

Post by Brian »

AirSwimmer Flying Shark or Flying Clown Fish can be purchased here.