Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Healthcare Increase!

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Jeff V

Re: Healthcare Increase!

Post by Jeff V »

I went to enroll.healthcaremarketplace.com and went through the questions. I used 2019 AGI (which was well north of $100K); not sure if I can use current state (just my wife's income).
Black Lives Matter

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jeff V wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:26 pm
I went to enroll.healthcaremarketplace.com and went through the questions. I used 2019 AGI (which was well north of $100K); not sure if I can use current state (just my wife's income).
Yea, it is all dependent on income so the more you earned the more it will cost.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator
Loading…

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Scuzz wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:20 am
Jeff V wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:26 pm
Yea, it is all dependent on income so the more you earned the more it will cost.
Subtle nuance, the less you earn the cheaper it is. There is a ceiling at around $130k (in Illinois) where it caps and doesn't get more expensive. Max rate, you just don't get subsidies.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I was wrong about COBRA, the amount is actually $1300 per month for family plan, $800 is me + spouse.

Now the form said to use income from your taxes, but with me not working, it's not the current state of things. Using just my wife's salary, a subsidized barely-qualifies-as-insurance plan ($8500 deductible, 60/40 copay) is only about $400 per month. And that would be fine for now. The question is, can we use current income when applying or do I have to use last year's AGI?
Black Lives Matter

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jeff V wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:23 pm
I was wrong about COBRA, the amount is actually $1300 per month for family plan, $800 is me + spouse.

Now the form said to use income from your taxes, but with me not working, it's not the current state of things. Using just my wife's salary, a subsidized barely-qualifies-as-insurance plan ($8500 deductible, 60/40 copay) is only about $400 per month. And that would be fine for now. The question is, can we use current income when applying or do I have to use last year's AGI?
If I remember right, the California version asks for current or projected annual income. If you guess high you could pay more and in theory could get a little back on your next tax return. If you guess low you would pay less but possibly owe money on your next tax return.

Isgrimnur
Loading…

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am
Isgrimnur wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:02 pm
Isgrimnur, Sep 21, 2016 wrote:And for cross reference purposes (pay periods are 2 weeks):

Self $35/period (my selection)
+ kids $177.74
+ spouse $225.83
+ spouse and kids $356.18

And again, spouse coverage is not available if coverage is available through my wife's work, which it is.
+ kids $190.10
+ spouse $241.56
+ spouse and kids $380.90

No increase in OOP maxes ($6k/12k) in network.

Effective November 1st.
This year, they're splitting medical/dental/vision to a la carte. Totalled, the numbers are:

+ kids $203.32
+ spouse $258.39
+ spouse and kids $407.34

No increase in OOP maxes ($6k/12k) in network.

Effective November 1st.
Self $36.80/period (my selection)
+ kids $212.53
+ spouse $270.50
+ spouse and kids $424.96

OOP maxes
- $5/10k Baylor Imagine Health network
- $6.5/13k otherwise

Dental - $1.89/period
Vision - free to me

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Wife finally became eligible and we filled out the forms today.

$210 /biweekly for a $5000 deductible 80/20 plan.
$30 for standard dental that include orthodontics although we won't need it for years. Inexplicably, the plan that did not include ortho was $15 more, with otherwise identical coverage.
Vision is $10 per month. Need it mostly for my wife, my vision problems are diabetes-related and covered under medical. I only need OTC reading glasses.

Over all better than the plan I had at my last job, and cheaper, too.
Black Lives Matter

RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Thank the gods that my current employer pays all of our premiums. Jesus Christ.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

RunningMn9 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:16 pm
Thank the gods that my current employer pays all of our premiums. Jesus Christ.
Same!

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Same here as of last week as my wife's job pays it 100 percent. That's 350 a paycheck I get back now. 9,100 dollars a year for those playing at home. Jesus.... And now you know why I didn't feel too crazy to trade in my 2018 Honda for a 2020... :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com