Hot sauces discussion thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Hot sauces discussion thread

Post by Daehawk »

I wasn't a big fan at first. Was never into ketchup style hot sauce. But the more I eat of the Captain Sorensen brand from Firehouse Subs the more I love it. Its very flavorful. May need to buy a bottle of it. Its kinda more unique as it uses Datil Peppers.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
mori

Post by mori »

em2nought wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:31 pm To someone from a Pennsylvania Dutch background in which everything should either be bland or sweet(mostly sweet), hot sauce is a Godsend. Pretty much ANY hot sauce is fine. If I'm paying more than $1 for it I might look for something with chipotle, habenero, or sriracha. Not too fond of Burman's from Aldi though.

I'm liking Sriracha ketchup lately too. No high fructose in it either.
I am from Minnesota where milk is considered spicy.

I am not a fan of Siracha, just too sweet for me but I do like it on cheap ramen.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

My hot sauce experience is rather limited. I can sense different types and levels of heat, but generally I avoid anything that makes my tongue numb. I've had peppers that immediately make my scalp tingle and I break out in a sweat, or the stuff that turn my entire mouth numb. Those, IMHO, are for masochists.

I prefer the thicker sauces, not the thin water stuff. Tabasco just tastes mostly vinegar to me. Same with Chulola. Sriracha is tolerable, and makes for a good pho meat dipping sauce when mixed with hoisin sauce. I can eat jalapenos but I don't really enjoy it.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm surprised this thread hasn't burned out before now.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949