Buying your first home

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

TheMix

Re: Buying your first home

Post by TheMix »

Holman wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:07 am
TheMix wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 pm "Scraaappppiiiieeee! Where are ya, Scrappie?"
:lol:

Scrapple's nickname was just "Scrap," which to me has always been the perfect dog name.
I don't know. I think the best name I've run across for a dog is "Stella". Seriously, how can you not yell "Steelllllllaaaaaa!" every time you call the dog? :)

I had a friend who named her dog "Sailor" so that she could say "Hey, Sailor" when she wanted him. That was pretty good as well.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Holman

Re: Buying your first home

Post by Holman »

em2nought wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:04 pm
Holman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:38 pm
-the central air does not extend to the third floor, where my wife and I will have our bedroom and offices, but we can make do with window units up there.
I would suggest you look into mini-split air conditioning units. They are so much more comfortable than window AC and they are much more energy efficient too.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Just a follow-up: we did go with a mini-split system on the third floor. It was installed in June, so it made the summer bearable, but of course this tech is both cooling and heat, so now we can warm the third-floor as winter comes in.

Best of all, there's a separate unit in every room, so you don't have to cool or warm the office at night when you just want to do the bedroom.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.