Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote:I figure he'll find his way to jail eventually
My bet is on "blaze of supposed glory."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Neighborhood watch shooting in FL

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zarathud wrote:Thug. This idiot isn't going to learn.
He did learn. He learned he can get away with this shit.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
naednek

Post by naednek »

or the other side of the story is that the other person recognized him and used it to his advantage...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Holman

Post by Holman »

naednek wrote:or the other side of the story is that the other person recognized him and used it to his advantage...
It's crazy how these things just keep happening to GZ. If he weren't such a calm and well-adjusted fellow, he might have done something rash by now.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

naednek wrote:or the other side of the story is that the other person recognized him and used it to his advantage...
Is that the other side of the story, or are we just making storytime?
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Yeah because irritating someone who got away with shooting and killing another human being always ends up advantageous.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think the factor being missed is the media. There are probably thousands of similar reports of 'he said he'd kill me!' filed every day, all over the country. Zimmerman just stands out because when he does it, the newspapers report it all over the country.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Blackhawk wrote:I think the factor being missed is the media. There are probably thousands of similar reports of 'he said he'd kill me!' filed every day, all over the country. Zimmerman just stands out because when he does it, the newspapers report it all over the country.
Yet nobody has ever filed one about me in my life... Or anyone I know personally...

The guy is beyond nutty.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Didn't the guy making the claim actually decline to press charges? Presumably this is because he didn't want to get involved in the media crapstorm (plus the backlash against him by Zimmerman partisans) that would ensue.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Like a bad penny...
George Zimmerman -- the man acquitted by a Florida jury over the death of Trayvon Martin -- was arrested Friday in Florida on suspicion of aggravated assault and domestic violence with a weapon, local authorities said.

The 31-year-old Florida man was arrested by police in Lake Mary around 10 p.m. and booked into the John E. Polk Correctional Facility, according to that facility's website. That facility, like its website, is run by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

It all came about after Zimmerman allegedly threw a wine bottle at a girlfriend, his lawyer Don West told reporters.

"It's clear he hasn't been very lucky with the ladies the last few months," West said of his client.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Rip

Post by Rip »

He really needs to spend a little money to hire Matrix.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I swear that guy's in the news more than Taylor Swift.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No charges filed
State Attorney Phil Archer announced Friday that his office will not file formal charges against Zimmerman in connection with his arrest January 9 in which he was accused of throwing a wine bottle at his onetime girlfriend.

“While it is clear that the officers had probable cause to arrest Mr. Zimmerman, which was affirmed by the circuit court judge at initial appearances, the subsequent recantation by the victim of her initial statement along with new documents provided by the victim and her attorney precludes my office from proceeding further,” Archer said.

The State Attorney's Office said the woman later denied that Zimmerman threw a bottle at her and stated that she was never in fear of him. She also made it clear that she did not want to proceed with the case, said officials, who added that a lack of eyewitnesses or other corroborating evidence to dispute her version of the incident also contributed to the decision.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

And so he can move on to his next victim. Or abuse her again.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Oh George. :naughty: You ever hear of the saying "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole?" Wise words from Justified
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

He's not going to change his behavior. Thug has definitely learned that you get convicted if the other side can't or won't testify. Terrible.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No civil rights charges:
The Justice Department announced Tuesday that it had closed its investigation into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin and would not bring federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman.

The department said in a statement that it had met with Martin's family to inform them of the decision.

Attorney General Eric Holder said that while the standard for a federal hate crime prosecution could not be met, the shooting still requires the country to confront the "issues and tensions" brought to the surface by the killing.
Federal investigators reviewed all the evidence from Zimmerman's prosecution in Florida, conducted 75 witness interviews of their own and reviewed electronic records, the Justice Department said.

Federal authorities also retained a biomechanical expert to go over Zimmerman's descriptions of the struggle and the shooting, the statement said.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Isgrimnur wrote:No civil rights charges:
The Justice Department announced Tuesday that it had closed its investigation into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin and would not bring federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman.

The department said in a statement that it had met with Martin's family to inform them of the decision.

Attorney General Eric Holder said that while the standard for a federal hate crime prosecution could not be met, the shooting still requires the country to confront the "issues and tensions" brought to the surface by the killing.
Federal investigators reviewed all the evidence from Zimmerman's prosecution in Florida, conducted 75 witness interviews of their own and reviewed electronic records, the Justice Department said.

Federal authorities also retained a biomechanical expert to go over Zimmerman's descriptions of the struggle and the shooting, the statement said.
With that the circus has come to an end. Hope you all enjoyed the show.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Clowns don't give up the spotlight just because the circus left town.
GargoyleBoy

Post by GargoyleBoy »

Isgrimnur wrote:Clowns don't give up the spotlight just because the circus left town.
+1

He has done everything in his power to stay in the spotlight.
"Never write anything unless you wanted it copied and handed around. Don't speak to two people unless you are physically strong and fast enough to catch and kill both of them with bare hands." -Tareeq
"His elbow commands the sun! Bow before him!" -Two Sheds
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Don't clowns typically leave with the circus? Unless they're shitty clowns who got fired?
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

El Guapo wrote:Don't clowns typically leave with the circus? Unless they're shitty clowns who got fired?
Or they live in the sewer and kill various small town folk. "We all float down here..."
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zimmerman involved in shooting
Channel 9 has learned that George Zimmerman was involved in a shooting incident Monday in Seminole County on Lake Mary Boulevard.

Authorities said Zimmerman was shot in the face during a confrontation with a driver. They said the injury appears to be minor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It sounds like he wasn't the one doing the shooting. I wonder if it's a case of road rage?
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Probably.

Story has been updated:
Authorities initially said Zimmerman was shot in the face, but sources have told Channel 9 the injuries may have been from shattered glass. Authorities said the injuries appear to be minor.

Police towed Zimmerman's truck, which appears to have a bullet hole in the passenger-side window, to the Lake Mary Police Department.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Road rage scares the living hell out of me...mostly because I can succumb to it far easier than I would like.

Thankfully, I would never harm anyone. But I do corner the market on obscene hand gestures when it happens. The most egregious incident ended with me realizing I was actually just making up gestures I thought might be taken as obscene. :oops:
Covfefe!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote:Probably.

Story has been updated:
Authorities initially said Zimmerman was shot in the face, but sources have told Channel 9 the injuries may have been from shattered glass. Authorities said the injuries appear to be minor.

Police towed Zimmerman's truck, which appears to have a bullet hole in the passenger-side window, to the Lake Mary Police Department.
I figured it just passed through his skull, encountering no vital organs.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I recorded Louis CK's recent HBO special. Not a big fan, but he was talking about road rage and posed the question: where else is this behavior acceptable? He gave examples and had me in stitches.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Looking back at the thread, that's two traffic altercations within the last 10 months. That we know of.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

hepcat wrote:The most egregious incident ended with me realizing I was actually just making up gestures I thought might be taken as obscene. :oops:
Yeah, I seriously thought you were just trying to signal to me that my tupee was loose.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

The crazy thihg to me about this road rage incident is both people know the other guy is armed, and yet they were still mixing it up. The article I read quoted the shooter as saying "I shot George Zimmerman" and that this was part of a series of incidents. They might as well just have a duel and get it over with.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

gameoverman wrote:The crazy thihg to me about this road rage incident is both people know the other guy is armed, and yet they were still mixing it up. The article I read quoted the shooter as saying "I shot George Zimmerman" and that this was part of a series of incidents. They might as well just have a duel and get it over with.
WaPo
Police Chief Steve Bracknell told the Orlando NBC affiliate WESH that the shooting involved two men and that an “ongoing dispute” between them may be related to the incident.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote:Looking back at the thread, that's two traffic altercations within the last 10 months. That we know of.
Same guy.
The man who called 911 to report he was involved in a shooting with George Zimmerman appears to be the same person involved in a road rage incident with the former neighborhood watch volunteer last year.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

gameoverman wrote:The crazy thihg to me about this road rage incident is both people know the other guy is armed, and yet they were still mixing it up. The article I read quoted the shooter as saying "I shot George Zimmerman" and that this was part of a series of incidents. They might as well just have a duel and get it over with.
Well, it is Flori-DUH...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Thug on Thug violence.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Can't we just export him to France or something?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
RuperT

Post by RuperT »

Pyperkub wrote:
Well, it is Flori-DUH...
True, it's no Cali-FuckYourself.
Quest: MacDaddy0 - PSN: Rupyrt - Live: MooseFoe
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

RuperT wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:
Well, it is Flori-DUH...
True, it's no Cali-FuckYourself.
Oh yeah? Well your state looks like a penis.

Jag, why don't you get angry like this? This is fun.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

GreenGoo wrote:Oh yeah? Well your state looks like a penis.
Awesome!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter