Neighborhood watch shooting in FL

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Enough

Re: Neighborhood watch shooting in FL

Post by Enough »

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Bob

Post by Bob »

O'Mara appeared to struggle with his anger at his client during Monday's incident in which he went to Zimmerman's house while police were still there. During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."
Haha. Never good when your lawyer uses a national TV appearance to ask you to pay him.
Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Zarathud wrote:Well, she must be lying NOW rather than before...nevermind that she admitted lying to protect the money and her husband. And stabbing a poor defenseless iPad isn't really a crime.

It's thuggery, with or without a gun.
She has now apparently recanted her allegation about the gun.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Battered wives never change their stories? Not even to protect themselves? Or money in a divorce settlement? Especially when she's pled guilty to lying with a financial motive before?

Zimmerman's wife didn't recant her allegation about the knife or iPad, but I guess an iPad can't testify. Wait a minute, they almost had video from her iPad before he busted it up. But maybe they have security video. ;)

Even if you don't think he's a thug, busting someone's iPad is a dick move.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Rip

Post by Rip »

The thread that keeps on giving.
George Zimmerman was arrested Monday afternoon in central Florida "after deputies responded to a disturbance call," the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/f ... ?hpt=hp_t2

:coffee:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Better call Saul!
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

So anyone want to switch sides on the original case yet? I think it's becoming pretty clear that he's just batshit insane. Kind of glad he's pulling an OJ without really harming anyone else.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh wait I just noticed that this isn't even his wife it's a new GF. He really is the gift that keeps on giving.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Rip

Post by Rip »

Octavious wrote:Oh wait I just noticed that this isn't even his wife it's a new GF. He really is the gift that keeps on giving.
A shotgun this time as well.

Spreading the love.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Oh, so it turns out he actually is an asshole then! Too bad it doesn't help the kid he killed.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Canuck wrote:Oh, so it turns out he actually is an asshole then! Too bad it doesn't help the kid he killed.
I don't think anyone ever said he wasn't an asshole, just that he hadn't broken the law.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

I think in the deep recesses of his mind he really WANTS to be arrested and spend time in jail, to pay for the life he killed.
This guy is aching to go to jail.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

JSHAW wrote:I think in the deep recesses of his mind he really WANTS to be arrested and spend time in jail, to pay for the life he killed.
This guy is aching to go to jail.
Or he just likes to point guns at people.

He also is going out of his way to avoid getting arrested. Making CYA 911 calls after the fact, seemingly barricading the house, etc.
On a separate 911 call, a man calls to report that his girlfriend was "for lack of a better term, going crazy on me" and throwing his things out. The caller says the woman is outside with police.

When asked why he is calling, the man says, "I just want everyone to know the truth."

He says he never pulled a firearm and that it is in a bag, locked. He claims she was the one who broke the table.

When deputies arrived at the house, Scheibe gave them a key. When they pushed open the door -- which was blocked by several small pieces of furniture -- they found Zimmerman, who was sitting and unarmed, Lemma said. He was passive and cooperative, Lemma said.

The sheriff's office was seeking a search warrant to look for two guns deputies believed were inside the home, he said. According to the police report, Zimmerman had locked up the guns before police arrived.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

What a crazy person. Allegedly I guess but still... wow. Doesn't change my opinion on the original: that there simply wasn't enough to convict. But it does seem that if you make a habit of pulling a gun to solve your problems eventually it is going to come back around to hurt you.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

What a thug and menace to society. He's not getting off on reasonable doubt a second time.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Wait a minute, 911 isn't your personal confession hotline.
Last edited by Zarathud on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Octavious wrote:So anyone want to switch sides on the original case yet?
Nope. Reasonable doubt exists regardless of whether he is a sad, ego-driven psycho who probably got away with murder.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm getting a little tired of Zimmerman bashing. He was using the shotgun to point out a particularly beautiful formation in the clouds that just happened to be behind his girlfriend. She panicked like the oversensitive idiot she is. When Zimmerman repeatedly pulled the trigger to show that it was unloaded and that the clouds were not in any danger, she called the cops. This is yet another example of the Lame Stream Media overreacting.
He won. Period.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Here's the 911 call
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/11/19/592645 ... -call.html" target="_blank
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Rip

Post by Rip »

On the bright side it made serving him divorce papers rather simple.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You can own an original Zimmerman for around a hundred grand on ebay.

Although I suspect that the overwhelming majority of bids post 10 bucks are meant more as support for what he represents in the gun control issue...or in race relations.
My art work allows me to reflect, providing a therapeutic outlet and allows me to remain indoors :-)
I really hope that isn't a joke about the shooting. If it is, it's in pretty poor taste.
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I suspect his 'not into him' lawyer will be very interested in this sale...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It seems that the painting might actually be just a stock photo he found online and then wrote over.
He won. Period.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Q: What is the medium; oil or acrylic? Thanks Dec-17-13
A: Thanks for your question, The paint was donated to me by a great friend (J.S.), as far as I know it is regular household latex paint. I know its not the fanciest, but it is what we had and I needed to put these visions onto the blank canvas as soon as possible. Your friend, GZ @therealGeorgeZ
Seriously?! How stupid is this guy asking six figures for "art" done with house paint? How stupid is anyone willing to pay that?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote:You can own an original Zimmerman for around a hundred grand on ebay.

Although I suspect that the overwhelming majority of bids post 10 bucks are meant more as support for what he represents in the gun control issue...or in race relations.
Probably either a shilling network (either just to create a high profile auction or in the hopes of actually selling it) or someone who doesn't intend to pay. A low-feedback eBay account is pretty disposable.

Here's the activity.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Remus West wrote:
A: Thanks for your question, The paint was donated to me by a great friend (J.S.), as far as I know it is regular household latex paint. I know its not the fanciest, but it is what we had and I needed to put these visions onto the blank canvas as soon as possible. Your friend, GZ @therealGeorgeZ
Seriously?! How stupid is this guy asking six figures for "art" done with house paint? How stupid is anyone willing to pay that?
The starting price was $0.99. So he wasn't exactly "asking." Although like I said in my previous post, he still could be shilling it up.

MYT
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Remus West wrote:
The starting price was $0.99. So he wasn't exactly "asking." Although like I said in my previous post, he still could be shilling it up.
Ah. Did not see that.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Remus West wrote:
Someone who stands to gain money by him staying in the news and wants to support him and/or has too much money?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

He's gotten 369 inquiries so far (only answered 4 publically). So he's getting all the attention he could want. I'm sure some of it is negative but he's probably getting a lot of ego stroking too.

MYT
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Recently saw report on CNN that he owe's his lawyers a HUGE amount of money. Good Luck in getting that...
Enough

Post by Enough »

And for his next act of idiocy Zimmerman has decided to pull a Shepard Fairey with his digital painting. He may well be sued for millions, Fairey ended up setting for around that.

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Enough wrote:And for his next act of idiocy Zimmerman has decided to pull a Shepard Fairey with his digital painting. He may well be sued for millions, Fairey ended up setting for around that.
I doubt Zimmerman's piece will make him anything near what Fairey did in proceeds or recognition.

I like this part in the update:
The AP has sent a cease-and-desist letter asserting its copyright in the photo to the lawyer who recently represented Zimmerman. That lawyer has responded, and though she no longer represents Mr. Zimmerman, she will be forwarding the letter to him today.
He sure is burning through lawyers.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

As I was telling a co-worker yesterday, I firmly believe that Zimmerman has issues making appropriate decisions. And I firmly believe that he's being used by people that are more than willing to use him as a mouthpiece and scapegoat to advance their issues.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote:As I was telling a co-worker yesterday, I firmly believe that Zimmerman has issues making appropriate decisions. And I firmly believe that he's being used by people that are more than willing to use him as a mouthpiece and scapegoat to advance their issues.
I don't think he's being used for anything anymore. He may have been encouraged and emboldened at one point by various interested parties but he's off on his own now. He's a total pariah at this point.

Don't have to look much further than the fact that he's broke and in deep legal debt. Surely someone would have taken care of some of that if they had use for him.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Too bad Celebrity Deathmatch isn't still around.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote:Too bad Celebrity Deathmatch isn't still around.
"Life" imitates "art," is revived a decade later.
Philly.com wrote:Local celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman is at it again.

Feldman announced that he will promote a three-round boxing match between George Zimmerman, the man who fatally shot Trayvon Martin (and was later acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges), and rapper DMX.

Feldman, a former boxer himself, is known for his celebrity brawls, including the likes of Michael Lohan, Tonya Harding and a controversial bout with Jose Canseco.

MYT
Rip

Post by Rip »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Too bad Celebrity Deathmatch isn't still around.
"Life" imitates "art," is revived a decade later.
Philly.com wrote:Local celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman is at it again.

Feldman announced that he will promote a three-round boxing match between George Zimmerman, the man who fatally shot Trayvon Martin (and was later acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges), and rapper DMX.

Feldman, a former boxer himself, is known for his celebrity brawls, including the likes of Michael Lohan, Tonya Harding and a controversial bout with Jose Canseco.

Canceled after Feldman starts getting death threats. :angry-boxing:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

George Zimmerman accused of threatening to kill driver
Police say a driver has reported that George Zimmerman threatened to kill him after a confrontation on the road.
This guy has the taste for blood. Don't look him in the eye.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Thug. This idiot isn't going to learn.