Masters

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

Masters

Post by Octavious »

Anybody else watching this? I have been entranced for like four hours. Watson just pulled off an insane shot in sudden death.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
killbot737

Re: Masters

Post by killbot737 »

That computer plays golf now too? :shock:
There is no hug button. Sad!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

killbot737 wrote:That computer plays golf now too? :shock:
No computer could make the shots that Bubba Watson can imagine.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

BUBBA!
Hodor.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

That second shot by Watson there is going to be replayed again and again. Just incredible. Love watching him play.

Also: Bubba Watson and actor Luke Wilson--separated at birth?
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Octavious

Masters

Post by Octavious »

You can't even tell where the hell he was shooting. Freaking insane.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

"I never got this far in my dreams." Great line.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Yes, started watching when the leaders tee'd off. Some crazy shots today by Oosterhaiven (sp) and Watson. Was happy for Watson until they announced he's a Dawg.

Nah, congrats Watson!
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I watched today and yesterday. Two great days of golf.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We watched today's play. Was a lot of fun and a great finish. I was pulling for Mickelson as I've always liked him, but when it was apparent he wasn't going to be able to pull it out Bubba was my next choice. Kind of glad he won over Mickelson anyway since it was his first major. Mickelson's got a closet full of green jackets, so it's always nice to see a "rookie" win. It was funny watching Bubba's second shots, which were always like 50 yards closer to the hole than everybody else. Man that dude can whack the crap out of a golf ball.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm not a big fan when Tiger's not in the field, but this is pretty noteworthy - after his tumble last night, Dustin Johnson has withdrawn from the Masters. He was the favorite.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dilly dilly!
There’s a buzz around this year’s Masters. Tiger Woods is back. “This might be the wildest year in Masters history,” CBS Sports reports. But the biggest news out of Augusta National this week is this: A popular, stupid beer catchphrase has been banned.

Shout “dilly dilly” at the Masters and you’ll hear “doobie doobie doo” as a security guard sneaks up to eject you. That’s according to Bryce Ritchie, an editor at golf magazine Bunkered.

Ritchie reports a staffer for his site was told by a security guard they’d been handed a sheet with a list of banned phrases, which includes “dilly dilly.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Writing "removed" in quotation marks makes it sound super sinister.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm Writing "removed" in quotation marks makes it sound super sinister.
Well, it is ANGC. By "removed" they probably mean buried in a vat of pimento cheese.
Hodor.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:06 pm Dilly dilly!
There’s a buzz around this year’s Masters. Tiger Woods is back. “This might be the wildest year in Masters history,” CBS Sports reports. But the biggest news out of Augusta National this week is this: A popular, stupid beer catchphrase has been banned.

Shout “dilly dilly” at the Masters and you’ll hear “doobie doobie doo” as a security guard sneaks up to eject you. That’s according to Bryce Ritchie, an editor at golf magazine Bunkered.

Ritchie reports a staffer for his site was told by a security guard they’d been handed a sheet with a list of banned phrases, which includes “dilly dilly.”
But you can still show off your dilly dilly tattoo wearing assless chaps, right?
Black Lives Matter
DD*

Post by DD* »

killbot737 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:31 pm That computer plays golf now too? :shock:
:clap:
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Why you should watch, at least the 12th:
No, the best hole in the country is a hellacious, wonderful, terrifying, simple, treacherous, impossible, perfect molar-knocker of a par-3. It's a hole you play with a seven-iron, a sand wedge and eight weeks of scuba lessons. The best hole in the country is the 12th at Augusta National. Everything else is the front nine at the Sturgeon Bay Night Links...

...More green jackets have been lost at the 12th than at the Augusta City Dry Cleaners. When the Masters comes to shove next Sunday, you can bet somebody is going to walk away from 12 looking as though he had just heard from the IRS. Or 60 Minutes. Tom Weiskopf made a 13 there once. He bounced back the next day with a 7. That was the last time anybody saw him with hair.

Sam Snead once made an 8 there and withdrew. Toney Penna hit the flagstick and still made 5. Gary Player putted off the green twice—on consecutive days. Twelve could drive a Baptist to drink.
And my favorite line:
On the last day in 1984, Larry Nelson came to the 12th nipping at Ben Crenshaw's spikes. Nelson was within one shot, but couldn't decide between a six-iron and a seven-iron. He should've chosen a waffle iron. "I hit it so bad I didn't know whether to tell it to get up or get down," says Nelson.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

And what about the 15th?
Sergio Garcia's defense of his Masters title turned disastrous Thursday when he hit five balls in the water at the par-5 15th hole and made a 13.

It is the highest score on the hole in Masters history, and ties the highest score ever on any hole at the tournament
The video at the link is great.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Can't believe Tiger did it. Really impressive. Imagine if he had never heard his little break...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles