I don't care if PEDs are used in any professional sport
3%
I don't care if PEDs are used in any sport
6%

Total votes: 188

RunningMn9

Re: PEDs - Do you care?

Post by RunningMn9 »

You probably don't want to be injecting things stored in bottles filled with mold and bacteria.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Yeah, I'd say this is sounds pretty bad and the arrests seem very appropriate.
This is absurd:
“All names must resemble ‘real’ names… no obviously false names!” an email from co-founder Barry Cadden in May 2012 reads, according to the indictment.
So they went with :
“Bud Weiser,” “Jennifer Lopez” and “Filet O’fish”..."Harry Potter,” “Baby Jesus” and “Chester Cheeto”...Cyndi Lopler, Alex Baldwin, Diana Ross, Chris Rock, Fat Albert, Wonder Woman, Freddy Mercury, Silver Surfer, Dick Van Dike.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Filet O'fish?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

The Meal wrote:Filet O'fish?
The Irish side of Abe Vigoda's family.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Isgrimnur wrote:
The Meal wrote:Filet O'fish?
...a hamburger, a cheeseburger, a Happy Meal...
McNuggets, tasty golden french fries, regular or larger size...

How in the world do I still remember that?

Does anyone remember these little records where if they made it all the way through the jingle you won something?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The only one I remember is the Big Mac one.

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I don't remember your songs. I remember:

Big mac Filet o Fish Quarter Pounder French Fries
Icy Coke Thick Shake Sundaes and Apple Pies

Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat

And the cup ran away with the spoon. Yeah.

(Edit: Izzy snuck in. I remember Izzy's but that wasn't really a song.)
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

I stopped caring a long time ago.

IF athletes are gonna cheat and do it I'd rather all the sports authorities allow it,
that way no one has to be a sneaky bastard and cheat while others play by the rules.

All IN or All OUT, make a decision and go with it.

If they're not gonna allow any PED's then they need to get stricter and crack the whip,
and follow their own rules and test the hell outta the athletes as many times as they're
allowed to.
PLW

Post by PLW »

For all your McDonald's jingle needs.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur, Dec 17, 2014 wrote:That's a high bar
The owners and senior officers of a Massachusetts pharmacy that distributed contaminated drugs that killed 64 people have been arrested and two were charged with second degree murder.
They also instructed staff to make up fake names and prescriptions to make it look as if the operation was a small-time compounding pharmacy, making up drugs to individual order, rather than the large-scale manufacturing operation that it actually was.
In total, 14 people were charged in the indictment. Cadden and supervisory pharmacist Glenn Chin were charged with murder. Twelve others were charged with racketeering, mail fraud, conspiracy and other crimes.
Verdict
The owner of a compounding pharmacy blamed for meningitis outbreak in 2012 that killed more than 60 people and sickened 700 others was convicted Wednesday of racketeering charges but acquitted of 25 counts of second-degree murder.
A federal jury heard more than nine weeks of testimony and began deliberations a week ago. The acquittal of Mr. Cadden, 50, probably spares him from a sentence of life in prison. Judge Richard G. Stearns of Federal District Court, who presided over the case, set June 21 for sentencing. Mr. Cadden, the first person to go to trial on charges related to the outbreak, will remain free until then.
Officials looking into the New England Compounding Center case said investigators had found dirty mats and hoods, a leaky boiler, dark debris floating in vials of medicine and evidence that the laboratory was not leaving enough time to properly sterilize some products. They also said that a supposedly clean room at the facility was infested with bugs and mice.

Prosecutors said that Mr. Cadden had been told that the drugs could have been contaminated but that he recklessly disregarded industry regulations in pursuit of higher profits.

The defense argued that prosecutors had failed to show exactly how the drugs had been contaminated and failed to specify any role that Mr. Cadden might have played in the deaths.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Finally, closure.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Two former pharmacists were sentenced on Thursday for their part in a nationwide fungal meningitis outbreak in 2012.

Gene Svirskiy, 38, was sentenced to 30 months in prison and one year of supervised release. Christopher Leary, 34, was sentenced to two years of probation and 100 hours of community service, according to court documents. The first eight months of Leary's probation will be in home confinement with electronic monitoring.

Nearly 800 people in 20 states were diagnosed with fungal meningitis and other infections after receiving contaminated medication manufactured by the New England Compounding Center (NECC), a compounding pharmacy based in Framingham, Massachusetts. More than 100 patients have now died, making it the largest public health crisis caused by a pharmaceutical drug, according to US Attorney Andrew Lelling.
A total of 13 NECC defendants have been convicted of 178 charges stemming from the outbreak, according to court documents.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I don't care about sports, like at all. I have zero dog in this fight. That said I think PED's should be absolutely criminal. I'd have zero problems with a player caught on PED's to be banned from pro sports and to face being stripped of salaries and titles gained during said period of cheating.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
Alberto Salazar, the high-profile track coach who trained Olympic medalists Mo Farah, Matthew Centrowitz and Galen Rupp, among others, was banned from the sport for four years by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, the organization announced Monday night.

In a news release, USADA said Salazar, 61, was guilty of administering a banned substance, tampering and/or attempted tampering with the doping control process and trafficking and/or attempted trafficking of testosterone.

Endocrinologist Jeffrey Brown, Salazar’s colleague with the Nike Oregon Project running club who served as a personal physician for some runners, also received a four-year ban. USADA said Brown tampered with records, was complicit in trafficking testosterone and administered high doses of a supplement called L-carnitine, which is believed to enhance athletic performance.

No athletes were cited for wrongdoing in the news release, though several participated in the investigation.
The punishment became official after a two-year court battle as two independent arbitration panels considered the cases. Salazar intends to appeal the arbitration panel’s decision, and he said in a statement Monday night he was “shocked by the outcome today.”
Salazar noted that in rendering its decision, the arbitration panel said it felt the coach “does not appear to have been motivated by any bad intention to commit the violations the Panel found. In fact, the Panel was struck by the amount of care generally taken by [Salazar] to ensure that whatever new technique or method or substance he was going to try was lawful under the World Anti-Doping Code, with USADA’s witness characterizing him as the coach they heard from the most with respect to trying to ensure that he was complying with his obligations.”

USADA’s announcement marked the culmination of a four-year investigation that the organization said included interviews with 30 witnesses, more than 2,000 exhibits and nearly 5,800 pages of transcripts. The organization said it relied on eyewitness accounts, contemporaneous emails and medical records.