Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Home Projects (upkeep/repair/mods/cool sh*t/advice/question)

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Zarathud

Re: Home Projects (upkeep/repair/mods/cool sh*t/advice/question)

Post by Zarathud » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:48 am

If you're going to sell, spend the cash. It's not worth possibly losing a sale after failing a radon inspection.

The only benefit of home ownership is you have the choice of fixing it. A renter doesn't. While you can move when you rent, that's much easier when you don't have 30+ years of crap to haul with you.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867

Smoove_B

Re: Home Projects (upkeep/repair/mods/cool sh*t/advice/question)

Post by Smoove_B » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:01 am

mori wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 pm
For a Jersey boy you seem naive in the dark arts. Don't you know somebody that knows somebody?
Yeah, I know people. But my connections in братва aren't helpful with radon. :D
Zarathud wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:48 am
If you're going to sell, spend the cash. It's not worth possibly losing a sale after failing a radon inspection.
That's the rub. Our house (without the system running) does not have a radon level in excess of what is required for mitigation. The law only requires a working system if you're above a certain level. However, I can see it coming up during the sale and yeah, I'd rather have it not be an issue. The last time we moved the buyers required us to repair two window screens in order to close. I still hate their guts, but it's apparently a different market out there now - home prices are such that people are not (collectively) being a-holes over the things that were a "problem" in 2007.