[Hmmm] Hatchet Hitchhiker caught for... murder?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

[Hmmm] Hatchet Hitchhiker caught for... murder?

Post by Kasey Chang »

The hatchet hitchhiker, who goes by "Kai", was an internet meme for a while when he apparently broke up an assault by whacking the assailant on the head.

He's now charged with murder.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local ... urder.html" target="_blank
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Re: [Hmmm] Hatchet Hitchhiker caught for... murder?

Post by Daehawk »

I know I saw this somewhere in here earlier but now cant find it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Brian

Post by Brian »

Daehawk wrote:I know I saw this somewhere in here earlier but now cant find it.
Here.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thank you.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The trial starts Tuesday.
As the Courier News reported, McGillvary — who is originally from Edmonton, Alberta, according to the Associated Press — met Galfy in New York’s Times Square on May 12, 2013. The two men allegedly drank beers together, and Galfy offered to let McGillvary, then 24, sleep in the guest bedroom at his house in Clark, N.J.

In a since-deleted Facebook post, McGillvary later would claim that he had woke up in Galfy’s house the next morning after being drugged and sexually assaulted the night before, the Courier News reported. Galfy was partially naked in the bed, and McGillvary would later claim in the post he fought off the older man in self-defense.

"What would you do if you woke up with a groggy head, metallic taste in your mouth, in a strangers house . . . and started wretching [sic], realizing that someone had drugged, raped . . . you?” the posting said, according to the New York Post.

Police would later find Galfy dead in his home on May 13, 2013, NJ.com reported. He had been beaten to death. Messages found on the victim’s phone pointed to the viral star as a suspect. Authorities would later determine McGillvary left the house, walked to a nearby train station and traveled to meet a fan.
According to the Courier News, McGillvary was unaware Galfy was dead.

While in jail on his murder charge, McGillvary initially tried to keep his viral fame going, releasing recordings from custody and attempting to leverage his fan base for his legal fees, NJ.com reported. Six years after his Internet debut, however, it remains to be seen how much of that fan base still exists or remembers his plight.

In earlier court hearings, his attorney, John Cito, indicated McGillvary planned to argue the attack was in self-defense, NJ.com reported.
It's almost as if people are the problem.