My Name Is Sudy Nym and I Have a Problem

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Giles Habibula

Re: My Name Is Sudy Nym and I Have a Problem

Post by Giles Habibula »

Kraken wrote:...When I was a kid I found out that there was such a thing as a Reference Librarian. One could telephone this person and ask her any factual question, and she would track down the answer and ring you back. ..
Yes, but it was much more fun to make the expedition to the library myself. Not only was it kind of fun to track down the answer myself, but in the process accidentally run across other great stuff. Not so different from the internet in how it worked on your brain. Good lord, I loved that place. The smell of old books. I discovered Sherlock Holmes there, among many other things, totally just by browsing. I remember reading my first Sherlock Holmes story standing up right there where I found the book, too captivated to bother finding a chair.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i just checked my Firefox status at work - 140 tabs. yeah, i needed to do something about that... so i closed them all without regrets.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I hesitate to be an enabler, but as long as you use it responsibly, there is a new browser with some cool tab sorting features you might want to check out.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Nice, I still use Firefox as my primary browser. :D

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i was wondering why my work computer was maxing out on CPU and RAM usage. turns out i had around 570 tabs open in Firefox
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:55 pm i was wondering why my work computer was maxing out on CPU and RAM usage. turns out i had around 570 tabs open in Firefox
Try Chrome.
Black Lives Matter