[TV] Agents of Shield

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: [TV] Agents of Shield

Post by hepcat »

Jag wrote:Good season finale.
I feel horrible because I remember rewinding* that scene to watch it again...twice. :oops:

*For those of you under 40, rewinding was what your elders had to do when they wanted to rewatch jiggly boobs. It was because our technology at the time was barely above that of the caveman and we had to use media that actually consisted of tape on spools.
He won. Period.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

hepcat wrote:
Jag wrote:Good season finale.
I feel horrible because I remember rewinding* that scene to watch it again...twice. :oops:

*For those of you under 40, rewinding was what your elders had to do when they wanted to rewatch jiggly boobs. It was because our technology at the time was barely above that of the caveman and we had to use media that actually consisted of tape on spools.
And when you tried to pause it on certain screens, the good parts were usually blurred out with scrambled white lines...
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Great, great season. And agreed, De Castecker was brilliant this season. Although I'm actually kind of surprised that we didn't lose a character. I was expecting to lose Mack and/or Yo-yo.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I know Flaming Skull Guy is part of the Marvel canon, but I didn't like him or his story arc and was glad when they (seemingly) wrote him out. The Agents of Hydra storyline was much better, IMO. So I wasn't real enthused about how the final episode wrapped up. All in all, though, it was a good season. It seems like the Hand of Whedon becomes more apparent, particularly in bantering dialog, as time goes on and the cast loosens up a bit.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

hentzau wrote:Great, great season. And agreed, De Castecker was brilliant this season. Although I'm actually kind of surprised that we didn't lose a character. I was expecting to lose Mack and/or Yo-yo.
There was loss though.
Spoiler:
After all we lost the Director of Shield, Jeffrey Mace/ The Patriot.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

rshetts2 wrote:
hentzau wrote:Great, great season. And agreed, De Castecker was brilliant this season. Although I'm actually kind of surprised that we didn't lose a character. I was expecting to lose Mack and/or Yo-yo.
There was loss though.
Spoiler:
After all we lost the Director of Shield, Jeffrey Mace/ The Patriot.
Dang. I did forget about that.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Kraken wrote:I know Flaming Skull Guy is part of the Marvel canon, but I didn't like him or his story arc and was glad when they (seemingly) wrote him out. The Agents of Hydra storyline was much better, IMO. So I wasn't real enthused about how the final episode wrapped up. All in all, though, it was a good season. It seems like the Hand of Whedon becomes more apparent, particularly in bantering dialog, as time goes on and the cast loosens up a bit.
I really liked the Ghost Rider arc, but it was my least favorite of the season.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I liked the Ghost Rider stuff too, because suddenly the show finally felt tied (for me, at least) to the Marvel Universe. I wasn't a huge fan of the actor, but I thought the story line was fine.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I just watched the whole season for the first time over the course of 4 days. Holy cow was that fun! I have no complaints about anything - it was just fantastic. The tension they were able to create was amazing and I love all the little touches right down to how they played with the logo during the different story lines. It's going to be hard to wait for the next season.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

New season of Agents of Shield started with totally different setting.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Damn, now that’s how you start with a bang. Loved it.
He won. Period.
DD*

Post by DD* »

I had no idea it was starting back up (I DVR everything). Looks like I have something to look forward to for tomorrow!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

First hour was quite good. I detected a strong Joss Whedon influence in the banter (didn't notice if he wrote it or not though). Haven't watched the second hour yet, but it's a promising start.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Just finished this weeks Fitz-centric episode. It was fantastic. I really think that AOS is crushing it right now.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
DD*

Post by DD* »

Just got caught up this weekend, and all I can say is holy $:&@! AoS is on fire this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Rip

Post by Rip »

The FitzTrain is giving me goosebumps.

Love seeing him come of age.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Well, just wrapped up the latest season (and I'm somewhat disappointed we don't have much activity in this thread, tbh). Thought it was pretty solid all the way around; I've heard rumors that AoS may not be back next year though I don't follow such things very closely. If it does, it should be a big change of pace. And I like the acknowledgement of bigger things going on in the wider MCU.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

They did renew it for another season, but it will only be 13 episodes (instead of 22) and it will be the last. It's also not going to air until the Summer of 2019, once again screwing around with the schedule (moving days, moving time, moving airings, etc...)

I'm about 1/2 through the second half of this current season. My wife bailed on the show during the first half because it was just "too weird". I'm enjoying where it's all going, but it's very much a comic book-y show at this point (with all the crazy twists and turns).
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

It was a very good season IMO. I read somewhere that it ended as it did because they didn't know if they would be renewed, and the season ender would have made for a satisfactory series finale. I'm glad they will get one more half-season to wrap it up.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Finished the season at midnight after bingeing the last 8 in one day. Really enjoyed it and it would have been a fitting series finale. I hope they don't mess it up with the last 13. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:40 pm They did renew it for another season, but it will only be 13 episodes (instead of 22) and it will be the last. It's also not going to air until the Summer of 2019, once again screwing around with the schedule (moving days, moving time, moving airings, etc...)

I'm about 1/2 through the second half of this current season. My wife bailed on the show during the first half because it was just "too weird". I'm enjoying where it's all going, but it's very much a comic book-y show at this point (with all the crazy twists and turns).
So apparently, they're already filming season 7 before season 6 even airs...which seems to indicate that season 6 is not their final season. And it seems Coulson is back...in some mysterious manner, according Clark Gregg.

Although it does sound like season 7 will be the last one. Which we heard about season 6...so who the hell knows at this point.
He won. Period.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

hepcat wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am
Smoove_B wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:40 pm They did renew it for another season, but it will only be 13 episodes (instead of 22) and it will be the last. It's also not going to air until the Summer of 2019, once again screwing around with the schedule (moving days, moving time, moving airings, etc...)

So apparently, they're already filming season 7 before season 6 even airs...which seems to indicate that season 6 is not their final season. And it seems Coulson is back...in some mysterious manner, according Clark Gregg.

Although it does sound like season 7 will be the last one. Which we heard about season 6...so who the hell knows at this point.
Yeah, it was announced that SHIELD was given a 7th season at least a couple months ago.
Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm not used to this new fangled social media all you kids are using. I rely on Bob down at the feed store for all my news! And he just heard about it!
He won. Period.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

I'm wondering if it'll be a LMD that has his memories or something. I hope they don't turn him evil, they already did that with Ward...
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

We'll wait and see if he's sporting a goatee in the trailers when they arrive.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I just finished the final season and loved it. Definitely one of the best. I'm going to miss that group.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

stessier wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:24 am I just finished the final season and loved it. Definitely one of the best. I'm going to miss that group.
I've never watched this show, despite being a big MCU fan.
Wondering if it's worth it to start now. I recall hearing complaints that overall the series is a slog to get through.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stessier

Post by stessier »

stimpy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:03 am
stessier wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:24 am I just finished the final season and loved it. Definitely one of the best. I'm going to miss that group.
I've never watched this show, despite being a big MCU fan.
Wondering if it's worth it to start now. I recall hearing complaints that overall the series is a slog to get through.
I wouldn't say that. I think the first half of the first season is a bit hard to get through because you can't see where they are going. After that, I think they hit their stride and things really take off. If you've seen all the movies, I think you will enjoy how the puzzle pieces fit together.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

For the majority of season 1 I was bored stiff...then they pulled the rug out from under us towards the end of that first season and really kept going at the same pace for the next few seasons. It was a very Whedon-esque show for a while. I did kind of lose interest the last couple of seasons, but they weren't horrible. Just not up to the same standards.
He won. Period.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Wife and I were enjoying the show well enough until some point in season 3, but life intervened and we fell behind in watching episodes. Eventually it got to be such a backlog that we just gave up on it and deleted it off the DVR.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think streaming helps (they are available on Netflix - maybe Disney+ too, can't remember). I enjoyed being able to watch the whole season over three days rather than 3 months. Even back when I had cable and a DVR, I would save up at least half a season so I could watch them back-to-back. I think this helped me get through any slow spots in a season because I wasn't recommitting to the show the next week, I could just move and and get to the next episode right then.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I'm very much the opposite. I don't like watching an entire season at once - particularly a network TV show with 20+ episodes a season. First, I simply don't have the time for that much TV. Second, I prefer to watch things at a much more leisurely pace. I rarely watch more than one episode of something at a time.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

If it's a series like this, I'm okay binge watching multiple full episodes at a time for the most part.
Then there are shows like Ink Master and Blown Away where I fast forward thru all of the setup and chit chat and just get to the end product.
I went thru 2 full seasons, 20 episodes, of Blown Away in a little over an hour last weekend.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

The first season was ROUGH until the big twist towards the end. I loved the rest after that. Sadly, I still need to watch the final season.
stessier

Post by stessier »

msteelers wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:39 pm Sadly, I still need to watch the final season.
I had put it off partly because I didn't want it to end and partly because I thought Season 6 was a weaker one and I didn't want Season 7 to be that. It wasn't (imo)!

I watched Season 6 in 2019 and when I started Season 7, I had no idea what was going on. I watched 5 minutes and decided to go back and rewatch the last episode of Season 6 to get reoriented. If you buy into the premise of Season 7, I think it's a lot of fun.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

msteelers wrote:The first season was ROUGH until the big twist towards the end. I loved the rest after that. Sadly, I still need to watch the final season.
Yeah, it was actually rather awful. But near the end things were being set up and from that point on it was one of my favorite shows to watch all the way through to the end!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?