[TV] Agents of Shield

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Doomboy

Re: [TV] Agents of Shield

Post by Doomboy »

I think he built it for her. He had probably been watching her for a bit. Wanted to make sure she was real and all that. Gotta build a cage to put your imaginary companions in to discover if they are real or not.

What I want to know, is how he dug out that whole big cave and got all that stuff down there. Did he play a lot of Minecraft or something to work out the details?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Rip wrote:I've been enjoying it for the most part, although there have been some killed off that bothered me a little. But I'm hoping that the plan isn't what it seems to be with Simmons.
Spoiler:
If the story is that she goes back to rescue some dream-boy she fell in love with.
If that is the storyline I will probably be less apt to watch. I want alien drama not love triangle drama.
Damn, you called it Rip.

Though I think this is another Ward situation. Astro-Guy is built up to be trustworthy and a good guy but they've already hinted at him being evil *maybe killing his own crew). I wouldn't be surprised if he is the "IT" himself and looking for a way escape the planet.

You never see "IT" and lover boy at the same time.

Plus, Skye's mom seemed to know that portal was dangerous. It would mean she might know what is on the other side.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Rip wrote:I've been enjoying it for the most part, although there have been some killed off that bothered me a little. But I'm hoping that the plan isn't what it seems to be with Simmons.
Spoiler:
If the story is that she goes back to rescue some dream-boy she fell in love with.
If that is the storyline I will probably be less apt to watch. I want alien drama not love triangle drama.
Damn, you called it Rip.

Though I think this is another Ward situation. Astro-Guy is built up to be trustworthy and a good guy but they've already hinted at him being evil *maybe killing his own crew). I wouldn't be surprised if he is the "IT" himself and looking for a way escape the planet.

You never see "IT" and lover boy at the same time.

Plus, Skye's mom seemed to know that portal was dangerous. It would mean she might know what is on the other side.
I had this exact same thought.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

How much of it do you think is interested in playing with its food? Also, she could hear the astronaut calling to her, trying to get her to run when she could see the entity.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rip

Post by Rip »

May and Morris?

M&M?

:mrgreen:

I'd like to see if that melts in my mouth.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, Thrash is May's Ex!?!

Don't know if I like this turn of events.

DD*

Post by DD* »

Just finished the last couple of episodes and all I can say is HOLY SHIT!!!! Can't wait until it resumes in March! The look on Coulson's face at the end!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Yeah. I don't know how I feel about Coulson killing Ward especially the way he did. I guess they didn't want the fatal damage to show but a weird way to kill someone. I'm happy to see the old Ward character to go. He ran out of useful ways to be interesting. Now he is something new with some old Ward still in there. It gives him a chance at redemption now.

stessier

Post by stessier »

I just caught up. I'm loving this season.
Scoop20906 wrote:Now he is something new with some old Ward still in there. It gives him a chance at redemption now.
I see it as the exact opposite. There is no old Ward in there. Ward is finally the super villain the show needed. Everyone will be trying to kill him. It will be fun. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Scoop20906 wrote:Yeah. I don't know how I feel about Coulson killing Ward especially the way he did. I guess they didn't want the fatal damage to show but a weird way to kill someone. I'm happy to see the old Ward character to go. He ran out of useful ways to be interesting. Now he is something new with some old Ward still in there. It gives him a chance at redemption now.
Did I miss something ward is dead with a crushed chest on the alien planet and everyone else is back. Was there an end of episode add on?
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Combustible Lemur wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Yeah. I don't know how I feel about Coulson killing Ward especially the way he did. I guess they didn't want the fatal damage to show but a weird way to kill someone. I'm happy to see the old Ward character to go. He ran out of useful ways to be interesting. Now he is something new with some old Ward still in there. It gives him a chance at redemption now.
Did I miss something ward is dead with a crushed chest on the alien planet and everyone else is back. Was there an end of episode add on?
Yep, end of the last episode, the big chief Hydra is driving in a car and Ward is standing in the middle of the road smiling, beat up, and something crawling under the skin on his face.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
DD*

Post by DD* »

stessier wrote:
Combustible Lemur wrote:
Yep, end of the last episode, the big chief Hydra is driving in a car and Ward is standing in the middle of the road smiling, beat up, and something crawling under the skin on his face.
The scene...
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Huh, well that totally changes where I thought the show was going. I assumed the dead stare from coulson in that scene was him being infected. Good to know. Thanks.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Marvel's Most Wanted
Despite putting a halt on the “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” spinoff, which was proposed earlier this year, ABC is closing in on a deal to order a pilot for a project centered around Mockingbird, Variety has learned exclusively.

Titled “Marvel’s Most Wanted,” the drama will focus on popular “SHIELD” characters Adrianne Palicki‘s Bobbi Morse (also known as Mockingbird) and Nick Blood’s Lance Hunter. The two actors will topline the pilot and prospective series.
Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story. Though plot details are scarce at this point, “Marvel’s Most Wanted” will follow the pair and their adventures together.

At this time, ABC has not made any decisions regarding premiere date or a path of introduction, such as introducing the new show as a planted episode during “SHIELD.”
Who is Senior Writer for Entertainment Weekly.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Isgrimnur wrote:Marvel's Most Wanted
Despite putting a halt on the “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” spinoff, which was proposed earlier this year, ABC is closing in on a deal to order a pilot for a project centered around Mockingbird, Variety has learned exclusively.

Titled “Marvel’s Most Wanted,” the drama will focus on popular “SHIELD” characters Adrianne Palicki‘s Bobbi Morse (also known as Mockingbird) and Nick Blood’s Lance Hunter. The two actors will topline the pilot and prospective series.
Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story. Though plot details are scarce at this point, “Marvel’s Most Wanted” will follow the pair and their adventures together.

At this time, ABC has not made any decisions regarding premiere date or a path of introduction, such as introducing the new show as a planted episode during “SHIELD.”
Who is Senior Writer for Entertainment Weekly.
I have zero interest in this spinoff show for some reason. I like those two characters well enough (particularly Hunter), but having two more non-super Marvel characters running around just doesn't do anything for me. Granted, we now have some Inhumans on Agents of SHIELD, but when I think of Marvel, the guys with no powers are primarily side-characters to be rescued, protected, or just to add depth to the "real" characters. I dunno - maybe when I hear more details I'll have more interest in it.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I didn't think I'd enjoy Agent Carter either but I have so far. Can't hurt to see where it goes.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I didn't think I'd enjoy Agent Carter either but I have so far. Can't hurt to see where it goes.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

F@CK Tapatalk

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've got a bug report in.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

They should just call the spin off Mr and Mrs Smith: The College Years and be done with it.
He won. Period.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote:I've got a bug report in.
Thanks! :wub:

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Not a bad start for the run up to Civil War although I can't see how they will be connected this time around. I'm truly happy they gave Ward something to REALLY do this time.

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Scoop20906 wrote:Not a bad start for the run up to Civil War although I can't see how they will be connected this time around. I'm truly happy they gave Ward something to REALLY do this time.
Pretty sure during last season they said they weren't going to keep them so closely tied together. It will be more of referencing events, closer to what the netflix series do. I wouldn't count on a lot of tie in at all.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Rip

Post by Rip »

The entire disavowed this was disgustingly cheesy.

:naughty:
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

It was mostly a throw away episode to give them the opportunity to separate Bobby and Hunter from the team. They needed to set them up for their own series next fall, Marvel's Most Wanted.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
DD*

Post by DD* »

I liked it - and I think Mr Hydra big shot is about to find out who is really running the show. That should be... interesting.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

rshetts2 wrote:It was mostly a throw away episode to give them the opportunity to separate Bobby and Hunter from the team. They needed to set them up for their own series next fall, Marvel's Most Wanted.
I can appreciate that, but I wish they hadn't. I'm not too fond of what's left. I'm am utterly tired of Ward, and May bores the crap out of me. They have tried to write her as a cold, steely badass, but they just ended up writing her with no personality.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
DD*

Post by DD* »

Blackhawk wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:It was mostly a throw away episode to give them the opportunity to separate Bobby and Hunter from the team. They needed to set them up for their own series next fall, Marvel's Most Wanted.
I can appreciate that, but I wish they hadn't. I'm not too fond of what's left. I'm am utterly tired of Ward, and May bores the crap out of me. They have tried to write her as a cold, steely badass, but they just ended up writing her with no personality.
May's badassery is severely lacking lately. This is not the May that inspired Internet memes. I miss badass May.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Rip wrote:The entire disavowed this was disgustingly cheesy.

:naughty:
They build it up like they are going to be executed and the team needs to be extracted by force and the oh wait, we can just disavow them and they go free, huh? So how does that solve the problem? If S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't exist then why do they have to disavow them? Makes no sense. It would have made more of an impact if Colston had negotiated to give them prison. His team would have been furious with him and it would have been a great set up for the beginning of their spinoff show which starts with them breaking out of a Russian and on the run.

Terrible and disappointing.

Odin

Post by Odin »

So for no particular reason other than TV overload, I have been saving Agents of SHIELD on my TiVo and haven't watched an episode since Agent Hunky-Crazy-Hydra (West? Ward? Something like that) got body-snatched on an alien planet and became some sort of ancient super-evil or whatever.

I do plan to watch the season, but it occurred to me today to wonder - should I be caught up on the show by the time Civil War comes out? Because I could if I have to, and certainly there have been tie-ins to the spring Marvel blockbuster every year. Could I get a generally spoiler-free yae/nay?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I doubt anything that happens in agents of shield will be a must see before civil war.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Not usually, but the film events are usually referenced in the show immediately after release.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

I watched Civil War, you don't need to watch Agents of SHIELD first.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

oooh Simmons' cold hands. Given this season's science argle bargle could this mean something? I'm going to spoiler it for you crybabies who have it on DVR.
Spoiler:
Infected by Hive of course. During their talk he had every opportunity to infect her plus the one dead guy staying at 90 degrees. Nice that she got to "kill" Grant though. Reminds me of Jarvis totally murdering that woman on the Agent Carter show. He was out for blood! I was surprised the censors let that happen, but of course she came back to life. Weak.
There is no hug button. Sad!
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

killbot737 wrote:oooh Simmons' cold hands. Given this season's science argle bargle could this mean something? I'm going to spoiler it for you crybabies who have it on DVR.
Spoiler:
Infected by Hive of course. During their talk he had every opportunity to infect her plus the one dead guy staying at 90 degrees. Nice that she got to "kill" Grant though. Reminds me of Jarvis totally murdering that woman on the Agent Carter show. He was out for blood! I was surprised the censors let that happen, but of course she came back to life. Weak.
Its possible but it would be a cheap fake out. Im not sure if they have come right out and said it but Im pretty sure Hive can only infect Inhumans and Simmons is not an Inhuman. When ever Hive uses his power on regular humans they have died. Thats not to say your theory is not possible but they have at the very least heavily implied that Hive does not infect humans, only Inhumans.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Gizmodo
The Hollywood Reporter has picked out the 10 pilots that are most likely to get a full series order. Number three on the list is Conviction, a courtroom drama that has Hayley Atwell as the star. At the time her casting was announced, the line was that she’d film both Conviction and Agent Carter at the same time... assuming, of course, that Agent Carter got a third season.

The Hollywood Reporter pointed out that not only is a third season of Agent Carter considered “highly unlikely,” but that passion for Marvel’s Most Wanted is cooling and it’s not “considered the lock it once was.” Agent Carter’s cancellation, if and when it officially comes, won’t be a huge surprise. The show struggled in the ratings quite a bit.

THR’s take on Marvel’s Most Wanted slightly more dire than what Variety has heard, which is that the show isn’t no longer practically guaranteed a series, but still has a decent shot.
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

Well, that sucks. They took two of the best characters off the show for no reason.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Agent Carter's a pretty decent show. It's a shame that it didn't get better ratings.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I was lukewarm toward Agent Carter. I love the 1940s setting but it was rife with social anachronisms and the writing was merely competent. It's kind of sad though that even Hailey Atwell's second-season cleavage couldn't salvage the ratings. It was some top class cleavage.