[TV] Agents of Shield

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: [TV] Agents of Shield

Post by hepcat »

Agent Carter never clicked with me. As for Most Wanted, I have even less of a desire for that.
He won. Period.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I enjoyed Agent Carter, but missed season 2. We plan on watching it whenever it hits Netflix. I'm curious about Most Wanted and Damage Control, but I'm not exactly excited about either.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So...couple of things bugging me about Agents of Shield. Small, really. But I've been curious about them nonetheless.

1) When did Fitz's brain heal from the damage it acquired at the end of the first season? For a while there, that was a pretty huge plot line for him. Now he seems to perfectly fine again. Is he like the Daffy Duck of Shield? If Hive hits him with a stick of dynamite, will he turn ash black for a few seconds, then be fine in the next scene?

2) How exactly is Daisy/Skye a "highly trained agent of Shield" (as Coulson called her in the last episode) after only being a member for a few years? I would've assumed that that kind of designation would require more than just basic training.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fitz's recovery was gradual. There was no Eureka-save-the-day moment where he was back to normal. Which is probably a lot more realistic than having some random crisis "snap" him out of it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

And Daisy has been a bad ass field agent for awhile now. It felt like they skipped over her training, but some of their better action sequences have been with her. Add in Quake powers and she is easily the most dangerous member of the team.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Isgrimnur wrote:Fitz's recovery was gradual. There was no Eureka-save-the-day moment where he was back to normal. Which is probably a lot more realistic than having some random crisis "snap" him out of it.
But I could've sworn that they explicitly stated after the trauma happened that he would never recover from it fully. That he had suffered irreversible brain damage :?
He won. Period.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

regarding Daisy, they have stated several times that after Grant Ward ( her original training officer, she has been training since day 1 with SHIELD ) Coulson placed her with May. They really havent shown her training much but its there in the background, plot wise.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Per one of the wikis, Fitz had aphasia as a result of the incident. Per real-world sources, it improves over time, especially with therapy.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And if you want more detail than you know what to do with, go here.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

hepcat wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Fitz's recovery was gradual. There was no Eureka-save-the-day moment where he was back to normal. Which is probably a lot more realistic than having some random crisis "snap" him out of it.
But I could've sworn that they explicitly stated after the trauma happened that he would never recover from it fully. That he had suffered irreversible brain damage :?
I also think they used it representing the trauma he went through with Simmons "leaving the team". He would hallucinate seeing her, speaking with her, etc. and that would help calm him. When she came back to the team, it "healed" him afterwards, and then she was lost to him again in the teleport stone. That gave him focus to get her back, and it kinda just...healed. So in a way it represents that without her, he's not really complete. You know, real subtle-like. :roll:
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Odin wrote:Agent Carter's a pretty decent show. It's a shame that it didn't get better ratings.
I feel we should be happy we got more stories for Agent Carter. Thanks to the series we actually have more hours of her then Captain America. I love the character but 2nd season story line didn't work for me. I think it is great we got back story with some great characters and now it is time to move on.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So is Hydra really gone this time? After the last episode I am wondering where this is all heading.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mixed emotions on the episode. Is Hydra really finally gone this time? This is like the 2nd or 3rd time that has been said. I do love that the show likes to burn through its characters. The death count for the show must be enormous by now.

I feel like this episode is a turning point for Skye (will never call her Daisy). She was about to kill Mack. She was pissed he killed the Kree and took it out on him. It seems like now she is willing to side with the Inhumans all the way and that means with Hive.

I also feel like Hive's back story was interesting but I pretty sure he left a LOT of things out. He alluded to other original Inhumans and Civil War thousands of years ago. Where did those original Inhuman's go? Are they the ones that banished Hive to the desert planet? That story lines seems to be where we are heading. And, they mention Dethlock but he is a no show? Is he how in space or something?

However, I feel like by the season's end S.H.I.E.L.D. as an organization will not exist. I think the show and Colston's story arc needs to end. It's been a good run and fleshed out a ton of the Marvel Universe but S.H.I.E.L.D. is not equipped to battle the Inhumans.

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Scoop20906 wrote:Mixed emotions on the episode. Is Hydra really finally gone this time? This is like the 2nd or 3rd time that has been said. I do love that the show likes to burn through its characters. The death count for the show must be enormous by now.

I feel like this episode is a turning point for Skye (will never call her Daisy). She was about to kill Mack. She was pissed he killed the Kree and took it out on him. It seems like now she is willing to side with the Inhumans all the way and that means with Hive.

I also feel like Hive's back story was interesting but I pretty sure he left a LOT of things out. He alluded to other original Inhumans and Civil War thousands of years ago. Where did those original Inhuman's go? Are they the ones that banished Hive to the desert planet? That story lines seems to be where we are heading. And, they mention Dethlock but he is a no show? Is he how in space or something?

However, I feel like by the season's end S.H.I.E.L.D. as an organization will not exist. I think the show and Colston's story arc needs to end. It's been a good run and fleshed out a ton of the Marvel Universe but S.H.I.E.L.D. is not equipped to battle the Inhumans.
They are doing a variation of the Secret Warriors. It was a team of supers lead by Fury. Well now it is a team of inhumans lead by Colston. I'm thinking all of this with Inhumans is working on laying the ground work for the Inhumans movie, whenever that arrives now that it has been bumped to unknown release date. Dethlock is out there running around working for Shield, they brought him in early this season maybe end of last season. They just have to reference him enough to keep him tied to them or he may end up in Infinity War too and be lost to the big screen. :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
DD*

Post by DD* »

Just rewatched Avengers and realized that the guy doing most of the talking for the World Security Council (that wanted to nuke NYC) was Gideon Malick :). Very cool.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ABC says thanks, but no thanks:
After weeks of conflicting reports, leaving fans to wonder what would become of Marvel’s Most Wanted, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off set to star Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood), the network has apparently passed on the series.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Isgrimnur wrote:ABC says thanks, but no thanks:
After weeks of conflicting reports, leaving fans to wonder what would become of Marvel’s Most Wanted, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off set to star Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood), the network has apparently passed on the series.
Sounds like it is time to disdisavow them.

:ninja:
Odin

Post by Odin »

As much as I like Agents of SHIELD, I have to confess I never mustered any enthusiasm for the spin-off. I'm mildly interested in the rumored sit-com about guys who clean up after the Avengers bust up the place. That could be fun, if it ever happens.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I hope they bring Bobby and Hunter back to Agents of Shield. I wasn't excited for the spin off, but I was still sad to see them go.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

If they could have made Marvels Most Wanted more about spy capers and less about superheros I would have watched for sure. TV needs a good spy series and I thought these two worked well together in a Mr and Mrs Smith kind of way. Hopefully AOS can re-avow Bobbie and Hunter, I thought they were good for the show.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm going to go ahead and assume a time change to 10pm on Tuesdays isn't a good sign.
Speaking to press today, ABC president Channing Dungey said SHIELD's move to a later timeslot will allow them "to go a little bit edgier, go a little darker and take some risks." However, she said the shift was "less about moving SHIELD to 10 and more feeling we had a big bench of comedies. The schedule kind of fell into place in that way."
Maybe next year, maybe no go
DD*

Post by DD* »

Just watched the finale and thought it was pretty solid. Hopefully on to a new plot line and Grant is gone for good. Question - did Coulson say "we have to ask the Director" right at the end? If so, I wonder who the new boss is...
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

DD* wrote:Just watched the finale and thought it was pretty solid. Hopefully on to a new plot line and Grant is gone for good. Question - did Coulson say "we have to ask the Director" right at the end? If so, I wonder who the new boss is...
Yes, that's what he said and clearly implied that he would have to follow those orders. Gee, could they have been a little more subtle with ending? Mad scientist, who must have survived the Ultron incident, is downloading his AI with the voice of GlaDOS and is named A(i)da into a Life Model Decoy. This will end well. I'm surprised they didn't reveal his username as Victor.Frankenstein.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ComicCon
Gabriel Luna (“True Detective,” “Matador”) will roar into the lives of Agent Coulson and the team, as Robbie Reyes the unstoppable Ghost Rider, which was revealed today at Comic-Con International in San Diego.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Isgrimnur wrote:ComicCon
Gabriel Luna (“True Detective,” “Matador”) will roar into the lives of Agent Coulson and the team, as Robbie Reyes the unstoppable Ghost Rider, which was revealed today at Comic-Con International in San Diego.
Sounds like they might be moving away from the all-inhumans all the time plot lines. That would be good thing.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rip

Post by Rip »

Who is Agent Cousin?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Palicki gets a new show:
The Friday Night Lights and Agents of SHIELD alum is set to star opposite Seth MacFarlane in his upcoming live-action space dramedy, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The untitled series is set 300 years in the future and centers on Orville, an exploratory ship in Earth's interstellar fleet. Facing cosmic challenges both internal and external, the motley crew of space explorers aboard Orville will go where no series has gone before.

Palicki will play Kelly Grayson, the newly appointed First Officer of Orville who also happens to be the ex-wife of Orville captain Ed (MacFarlane). In addition, voice actor Scott Grimes (Family Guy) has joined the project as Gordon, Ed's best friend who is tapped to pilot the Orville.

The hourlong series, which MacFarlane also created and will exec-produce, landed a straight-to-series 13-episode commitment at Fox in May. The comedic drama is set for the 2017-18 TV season, with a pilot to be filmed later this year. The series will mark MacFarlane's live-action TV acting debut, following his big screen western comedy, 2014's A Million Ways to Die in the West.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ah heck yeah...

I'm still a Johnny Blaze kind of guy, but I like where they're going with this. I'm guessing they're using GR to bring mysticism into the Marvel Universe before Doctor Strange destroys the box office.
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I have no idea what to expect here. This just seems like such an odd turn for the show.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

I wonder if the schism of Fox owning the mutants portion of the MCU is making Marvel Studios look in seemingly random places for content. I do agree that the inclusion of GR does lead well into the mysticism aspect, though I don't know how or if they will try to tie that in with the current Inhumans characters and storylines. Agreed, no idea what to expect for a whole season.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

He can't be a regular or part of the SHIELD team. I'm thinking he might be a part of Sky's group. Maybe the use him like Deathlocke and he gets three episodes a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

And I'm guessing we get the inevitable street race between the Hotrod and Lola.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Scoop20906 wrote:He can't be a regular or part of the SHIELD team. I'm thinking he might be a part of Sky's group. Maybe the use him like Deathlocke and he gets three episodes a year.

I'm guessing he won't be affiliated with anyone. He's the spirit of vengeance. I would be surprised if he wasn't treated that way in the story.

I envision Coulson and the mystery crew crossing paths with him while tracking down the big bad of the season.

I also envision GR handing them their asses.

Yeah, I'm a Ghost Rider fanboy from childhood. :oops:
He won. Period.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Rip wrote:Who is Agent Cousin?
Agent Coulson's father's brother's son?
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

hepcat wrote:Ah heck yeah...

I'm still a Johnny Blaze kind of guy, but I like where they're going with this. I'm guessing they're using GR to bring mysticism into the Marvel Universe before Doctor Strange destroys the box office.
I missed the whole last season of AoS (dropped cable and have to wait for netflix). I loved Ghost Rider, and like Hep, was a fan as a kid. I still have the final GR comic. *sniff.

I sure hope he isn't driving that car, though. fingers crossed they stick with his bike.
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Just a thought. I'm so glad they finally put Grant out of his misery. Loved the actor but the character was past the point of interesting long ago.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Reyes is another incarnation of the spirit of vengeance, so they're sticking with the car. I'm a purist when it comes to GR, but I think the 12 issue run of the Reyes version was actually pretty good. So if I can't get Blaze, I'll take Reyes.
Scoop20906 wrote:Just a thought. I'm so glad they finally put Grant out of his misery. Loved the actor but the character was past the point of interesting long ago.
What are the odds they bring him back yet again as another character? :twisted:
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

A nonny mouse wrote:I missed the whole last season of AoS (dropped cable and have to wait for netflix).
It's been there for months.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote:
A nonny mouse wrote:I missed the whole last season of AoS (dropped cable and have to wait for netflix).
It's been there for months.
Yeah, it hit Netflix like June 15.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles