[TV] Agents of Shield

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

A nonny mouse

Re: [TV] Agents of Shield

Post by A nonny mouse »

stessier wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
A nonny mouse wrote:I missed the whole last season of AoS (dropped cable and have to wait for netflix).
It's been there for months.
Yeah, it hit Netflix like June 15.
Huh. I've seen a lot of those preview bits. I must have just missed the second half of season three. weird.

Thanks for the heads-up!
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

This is an indication of how important TV is to me lately.

I did just overlook the new ones, thinking I had seen them. I watched ep. 12 & 13 last night. Now I remember why I like this show. It is even better without the ads!
Spoiler:
Ep. 12 "inside man" was good and action-y, and I like Creel.

Boy, I actually FELT it when everyone said their goodbyes - so to speak - at the bar for Bobbi and Hunter (Ep. 13 "parting shot")

And I know I am dense, but Do Mack and Bobbi have an unfulfilled love thing going on, meaning they care for each other more than friends, but Bobbi is married to Hunter and loves him. or is it just good platonic friends? Either way, you could feel it between the two.
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I know it's only the first episode of the new season but I'd be more interested in a Ghost Rider spinoff as opposed to watching the other folks on the show with their secret agency bureaucracy problems. There's only so much of the "oh we can't trust the director, each other, secret keeping, band is broken up" angst I can watch. That sort of thing was good in the past few seasons but it starts to become a bit stale. It will probably pick up though...probably.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Rip

Post by Rip »

$iljanus wrote:I know it's only the first episode of the new season but I'd be more interested in a Ghost Rider spinoff as opposed to watching the other folks on the show with their secret agency bureaucracy problems. There's only so much of the "oh we can't trust the director, each other, secret keeping, band is broken up" angst I can watch. That sort of thing was good in the past few seasons but it starts to become a bit stale. It will probably pick up though...probably.
The entire show has gotten kind of stale to me. Just not feeling that entertained the last few shows.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Rip wrote:
$iljanus wrote:I know it's only the first episode of the new season but I'd be more interested in a Ghost Rider spinoff as opposed to watching the other folks on the show with their secret agency bureaucracy problems. There's only so much of the "oh we can't trust the director, each other, secret keeping, band is broken up" angst I can watch. That sort of thing was good in the past few seasons but it starts to become a bit stale. It will probably pick up though...probably.
The entire show has gotten kind of stale to me. Just not feeling that entertained the last few shows.
I'm willing to give it a go. Hope they (the writers) take advantage of the supernatural nature of the Ghost Rider and spin a good story from that. And I like the Ghost Rider going all Punisher on everyone.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Past seasons have had this weird thing where they introduce new characters so quietly, and remove old ones at the same time that I ended up wondering who half of the team I was watching was. Especially since so many of them serve the same purpose and bring the same skills to the team.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I really liked their version of the Ghost Rider. I'm in for the season if they continue featuring him. Although I wish GR had a Netflix series of his own.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:I really liked their version of the Ghost Rider. I'm in for the season if they continue featuring him. Although I wish GR had a Netflix series of his own.
I was thinking the same when the Ghost was on the screen. Uncensored vengeance in the City of Angels with some gritty adult dialogue on Netflix would have made for a good series.
Black lives matter!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Are people still watching this season. I don't see the same buzz. I'm finding the friction with the new Director and Colson interesting. I'm really happy that SHIELD is coming out of the shadows and become a legit organization again. I think their monitoring and project of inhumans interesting but who is monitoring the other super hero/villians/people. Thats not being depicted in the show and after Civil War I think it is a mistake to not address it or at least depict it on the show.

I'm interested to see how things turn out when the series starts up in December.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Also, I'm really happy to find out that the real Ghost Rider was the one that passed on the power to this incarnation of Ghost Rider. I think he is a one season wonder though and once he finishes his quest for vengeance then he will either die or go back to fixing cars.

I'm interested to see how his Uncle's ability to create matter fit in to the larger movie universe. Maybe this is how one of the gem's is created?

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm still watching, although I think this season took a turn for the silly with the flaming skull guy. Maybe you have to be a comics fan. I preferred the early seasons when the SHIELD agents were (extra)ordinary humans and superheroes were off in the distance. It's less interesting when it seems like everybody's got some kind of superpower. Maybe it's aimed more at Marvel fans and less at casual viewers now, I don't know. I do like when they make references that I recognize, like to Peggy Carter, but I haven't seen all those movies so I'm probably missing a lot.

Wife said she heard that it might not be renewed. That wouldn't make me sad.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Still watching, still enjoying, like the shake ups this season and the introduction of Ghost Rider brings it closer into the Marvel Universe. Makes it really feel more like a Marvel show than just a show about superspies.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

AOS is doing fine and I doubt its going to be cancelled. Cancel Bear has it as tossup show. Its actually had a ratings jump the past few episodes and is doing well in the important 18-49 demographic. I think unless it tanks the rest of the season, that it will probably be back.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

That's good to hear. I think the last two episodes were pretty good so I can see they gaining some momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD*

Post by DD* »

Just got caught up last night. Liked the Ghost Rider arc (though honestly, I'm a huge GR fan but not a huge fan of this particular incarnation of GR), and the LMD stuff definitely looks interesting. Still can't get a clear handle on whether the Director is a good guy or not - there's something about him I just don't trust.

Looking forward to what comes next :)
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I've never been a fan of the old "our enemies become our allies" arc that sometimes happens without sufficient explanation in these types of shows, so I was happy to find out that
Spoiler:
Radcliffe is still a self serving bastard.
He won. Period.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Also still enjoying the show, although it took me awhile to like Ghost Rider. We've come to love Mack and his deadpan delivery of some lines. Last weeks "Roll credits" *fist bump* was good but not as awesome as "My axe is plenty sharp. And a shotgun."
DD*

Post by DD* »

I think Mack is probably my favorite character. They seem to have kind of toned May down and that makes me sad; I miss uber-badass May.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

In this last episode, Agents of SHIELD managed to take some well-worn tropes like the old "robots replacing people OMG who can I trust" and really make it into good television watching. And that wonderful cliffhanger ending! Now what the hell is the show bumping the next episode to April?
Black lives matter!

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm an episode or two behind, but I'm liking this season much better than the last one. The flaming skull dude who sold his soul to the devil (Ghost Rider, I gather) was just too silly to take seriously, as I was supposed to do. Whereas the last episode I watched, with Patton Oswald, was deliberately and enjoyably silly. Overall the characters seem better written with some clever dialog and the story arc is more character-driven.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I'm about 2 episodes behind too, but this whole LMD storyline has been really great. Hope to get caught up this weekend (if I can get my kid off of the Xbox...)
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

[TV] Agents of Shield

Post by Isgrimnur »

$iljanus wrote:Now what the hell is the show bumping the next episode to April?
President addressing congress, some celebrity worship, then probably avoiding college basketball.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rip

Post by Rip »

The FitzSimmons standoff was awesome. I thought for a moment we might have a murder-suicide.

I've always been keen on Fitz just based on being smart and quirky(like me... :P ), but Simmons has come a long way, she has some legit tough bitch stuff going on now. Not May level yet, but getting there.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Apparently the next arc is going to be seven episodes listed together as 'Agents of Hydra'.
Spoiler:
Agents of Hydra for the final 7 episodes, which sees a "what if" virtual reality that includes the return of former series regular Brett Dalton as Grant Ward.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Just finished the latest episode. Wow. What a great hour (OK, 42 minutes) of television!
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

hentzau wrote:Just finished the latest episode. Wow. What a great hour (OK, 42 minutes) of television!
Suprisingly that was the first and only episode so far directed by Jed Whedon.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Awesome episode. My wife and I love this show. I think breaking up each season into several different story arcs has been key. Telling one story over 22 episodes is hard. But this year we get three storylines of 7-8 episodes each. That really cuts down on the fluff.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I have been really enjoying the first two episodes of the Agents of Hydra arc. Man, Fitz is one scary ass dude in this reality.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The scariest line of this week's episode...

WHAT!?!
Black lives matter!

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

$iljanus wrote:The scariest line of this week's episode...

WHAT!?!
May to Coulson?

Oh, wait. Ophelia to Fitz. Yeah, I did an "oh, shit" when that happened.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Really enjoyed this latest episode. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Ophelia is played by one of the lead actresses from Galavant...which I sing praises to whenever I can.
He won. Period.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

hepcat wrote:Really enjoyed this latest episode. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Ophelia is played by one of the lead actresses from Galavant...which I sing praises to whenever I can.
That's where I recognized her from! Yeah, I've been enjoying seeing her on my TV every week.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Ive really enjoyed the Agents of Hydra run. They have put our heroes through hell and back. Im guessing at this point Fitz is really regretting not listening to Simmons about the dangers of building Aida. What a mindfuck he has been through.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hentzau wrote:
$iljanus wrote:The scariest line of this week's episode...

WHAT!?!
May to Coulson?

Oh, wait. Ophelia to Fitz. Yeah, I did an "oh, shit" when that happened.
From a married person's perspective the moment I heard that and saw her face I knew he was kind of screwed... :doh: :P
Black lives matter!

Jag

Post by Jag »

hentzau wrote:
hepcat wrote:Really enjoyed this latest episode. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Ophelia is played by one of the lead actresses from Galavant...which I sing praises to whenever I can.
That's where I recognized her from! Yeah, I've been enjoying seeing her on my TV every week.
Never saw her before, but she has quite the range of emotions :shock:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Link title
ABC has announced their 2017-2018 schedule, with Marvel’s Inhumans slotted to air Fridays and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5 to debut at the midseason.
ABC confirmed to EW that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5 will be a full 22 episodes. THR’s Lesley Goldberg additionally reported on Twitter that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will take over Inhumans‘ Friday 9pm timeslot after the new series’ first season concludes.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Good season finale.

Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

The season as a whole had the most consistent quality thus far. Hopefully they can wrap things nicely next year; I presume the Where TV Goes to Die timeslot is a message.

In other news, I need Iain De Castecker in more things. That guy is brilliant.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Fretmute wrote:The season as a whole had the most consistent quality thus far. Hopefully they can wrap things nicely next year; I presume the Where TV Goes to Die timeslot is a message.

In other news, I need Iain De Castecker in more things. That guy is brilliant.
Friday night is not the guaranteed death slot it used to be. They moved Grimm to Fridays and it thrived running for 6 seasons. The moved Hawaii 5-0 to Fridays and it's done well there for even longer. Same with Blue Bloods. I wouldnt put a stake in AOS just yet.

I loved the scene with Simmons gunning down Aida. "You can't hurt me with that" "I know, I just really wanted to do it" ( may not be the exact words but close enough )