Ultraviolet - digital copy

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Montag

Ultraviolet - digital copy

Post by Montag »

Recently got a Bluray player and starting to get movies with the Ultraviolet copy.

From Wikipedia it looks like Vudu has the biggest selection of movies. Is that the best one to use? Do I need to pay a service fee to get my movies?
words
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Ultraviolet - digital copy

Post by Zaxxon »

No fee. I use Vudu for these because it has a good Roku interface.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Zaxxon wrote:No fee. I use Vudu for these because it has a good Roku interface.
same for me.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
DD*

Post by DD* »

Every time I see a reference to "Ultraviolet" I think of that awesome Mile Jovovich movie...
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Was there two versions?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

There was a miniseries.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Daehawk wrote:Was there two versions?
And by "awesome" I mean "completely sucks other than Milla's serious hard body"
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

DD* wrote: And by "awesome" I mean "completely sucks other than Milla's serious hard body"
i liked the colors. oh and the different outfits she wore in each scene. and of course, the slide-y floors.

...so much potential wasted.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Gratuitous Milla (click to seriously embiggen)

Enlarge Image

Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Isgrimnur wrote:There was a miniseries.
I clicked the link thinking it may be about the series, uk show and i liked it, shame it got canned.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dead
ULTRAVIOLET WILL CLOSE ON JULY 31, 2019

What should you do now?

Login here and choose Retailer Services to verify the retailers linked to your UltraViolet Library. If your Library is not currently linked to a retailer or if you would like to link to additional participating retailers, select one or more retailers to link to your UltraViolet Library.
Don’t unlink or close your UltraViolet Library, as UltraViolet and retailers will be working together to maximize your continued access to movies and TV shows.
Between January 31 and July 31, 2019:

You can continue to access your UltraViolet movies and TV shows through the retailer(s) linked to your UltraViolet Library.
You can also continue to purchase new movies and TV shows and redeem digital codes by following the redemption instructions. Depending on the retailer, these new purchases and redemptions may or may not be added to your UltraViolet Library.
Linking your UltraViolet Library to additional retailers can maximize your access to your Library and help avoid potential disruption.
After the shutdown date:

Your UltraViolet Library will automatically close and, in the majority of cases, your movies and TV shows will remain accessible at previously-linked retailers.
You can continue to make online purchases and redeem codes, but these may only be available through that retailer, and will not be added to your UltraViolet Library.
Thank you for making UltraViolet part of how you enjoy digital entertainment. See Help for more information.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Verge
Ultraviolet’s days were numbered ever since Disney, the only major Hollywood studio not to join, launched its expanded Movies Anywhere locker service in 2017. Not only did it offer broad studio support, it could also be connected to major digital retailers like iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play, unlike Ultraviolet.

Walmart’s Vudu, the biggest retailer to support Ultraviolet (and later Movies Anywhere), issued a statement to ease concerns from those worried about the closure of the cloud-based locker service.

“Customers who use Vudu to watch, rent, or buy movies and TV shows will not be impacted by the discontinuation of the Ultraviolet platform,” said Vudu VP Scott Blanksteen in a statement carried by Variety. “These customers will continue to be able to enjoy Vudu content as they have been and continue to access any and all movies and TV shows they have saved in their Vudu library, even after the shutdown of the Ultraviolet service.”
stessier

Post by stessier »

Dang it - was just coming to post this.

This is why I retain physical media whenever possible. Well, also because there is always a chance I'll end up moving to an internet unfriendly area with no ability to stream...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

stessier wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:53 pm Dang it - was just coming to post this.

This is why I retain physical media whenever possible. Well, also because there is always a chance I'll end up moving to an internet unfriendly area with no ability to stream...
I *think* my Ultraviolet copies did end up in my Movies Anywhere area, at least my Marvel/Disney ones. Need to double-check.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:53 pm Dang it - was just coming to post this.
BAM!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

If you have an UV account, you want to make sure you have a Vudu account connected to it (most likely you do), as Vudu has said you'll keep all movies you have rights through UV (you might as well also have an account with fandangonow and connect it to uv, as well). in addition, if you have Movies Anywhere, your movies anywhere eligible movies will port.

Some movies that have UV are not MA-eligible, though. For the most part, that's Paramount, Lionsgate and the few MGM movies that have UV (eg, James bond movies), since those studios haven't joined MA, but there the a few movies by other studios also like that.

Hopefully, this pushes those studios to joining MA.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Also, in related news:
In bad news for proponents of physical media, Samsung has announced that it is exiting the Blu-ray market. The company said it “will no longer introduce new Blu-ray or 4K Blu-ray player models in the US market” in a statement shared with CNET. Its newest model was released in 2017, and plans to produce a new high-end 4K player this year were scrapped. The move follows a similar decision by Oppo, which announced its own exit from the market last April.
link