I had a dream!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Eduardo X

I had a dream!

Post by Eduardo X »

I dreamt that I was in the Lord of the Rings. I was all kinds of people in the story, from Bilbo, Frodo, Golem, to Gimli, Elrond, etc., but unlike the real story, we had a huge battle to get inside a cave much like the mines of Moria.

We had to march a small army up some mountains to find the entrance. This was hard, as we had to sneak up there. When we arrived, we had to find a way to open the horizontal door. When we did, there were all kinds of orcs waiting for us, and most of those who led the way died.
When the entrance was finally secured, after a surprise visit from the Dwarves who helped turn the tide of the battle, we were attacked by two armies. We held them off, assuring that we'd take the mine, but then nobody knew where the ringbearer was, which was the whole point of the battle.

It was totally bizarre, and some of the most fun I've had dreaming in a while. Even if there was no sex.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This somehow seems appropriate for you ;)
Floating down through the clouds
Memories come rushing up to meet me now
But in the space between the heavens
and in the corner of some foreign field
I had a dream
I had a dream

Goodbey Max
Goodbey Ma
After the service when you're walking slowly to the car
And the silver in her hair shines in the cold november air
You hear the tolling bell
and touch the silk in your lapel
And as the tear drops rise to meet the comfort of the band
you take her frail hand
and hold on to the dream

A place to stay
Enough to eat
Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
Where you can speak out loud
about your doubts and fears
And what's more no-one ever disappears
You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door
You can relax on both sides of the tracks
And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
And everyone has recourse to the law
And no-one kills the children anymore
And no-one kills the children anymore

Night after night
Going round and round my brain
This dream is driving me insane
In the corner of some foreign field
The gunner sleeps tonight
Whats done is done
We cannot just write off his final scene
Take heed of the dream
Take heed

Debris

Post by Debris »

Thanks for that, LM. That's my all-time favorite PF song.

EdX, that sounds like a fun dream. Usually when I'm dreaming like that I'll wake up towards the end and try in vain to fall back asleep into the same dream.
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

Great quoting of lyrics, LM. The Final Cut is my favorite Pink Floyd album and I am not ashamed to admit that it has made me shed tears on numerous occasions. If ever I want to feel sorry for myself or put myself into an emotional coma, I can count on that album to get me there.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

"In my dream
I'm suddenly in the army
And army life is good
But I'm ankle deep in blood ..."

(Army Song - Boiled in Lead)

Sorry, don't recall the rest of the words off the top of my head.
Bad Demographic

Re: I had a dream!

Post by Bad Demographic »

Eduardo X wrote:we had to find a way to open the horizontal door. ..

It was totally bizarre, and some of the most fun I've had dreaming in a while. Even if there was no sex.
Are you sure this wasn't about sex?
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Bad Demographic wrote:
Eduardo X wrote:we had to find a way to open the horizontal door. ..

Are you sure this wasn't about sex?
Hmm.... long, deep vertical shaft... little people trying to infliltrate a well... I dunno! :lol:
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Odin

Post by Odin »

Bad Demographic wrote:Are you sure this wasn't about sex?
I'm pretty sure there's innuendo in the "horizontal door" reference. I just can't quite pin it down.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I had a dream last night that one of my friend's married Natalie Portman as part of a political alliance with my friend's faction after they conquered my neighbor's yard (I've been playing too much Rome: Total War lately). WTF is up with that? I'm supposed to marry the hot girls in my dreams. That's just wrong. :evil:
Tine

Post by Tine »

"Freud believed the dream worked on two levels. A straightforward level showed events in dreams as remembered. However in the latent level objects and actions in the dreams symbolize sexual and aggressive feelings and ideas that are repressed."
It's your pick...

http://www.paralumun.com/dreamfreud.htm
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

I had a dream the other night that I was part of some elite military group or something. I wasn't the leader, but I was barking orders at the leader and he hung on my every word. Everybody had assault rifles, but I only had a pistol. Yes one pistol, and I kept running out of ammo, so the man in charge kept making people give me more clips. I was the only person shooting, and I never missed. I don't know anything else about it cause my buddy called and woke me up. Bastard.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I played a 6 hour Joint Ops tourney yesterday and when I went to bed, I dreamed I was playing. Nothing special, just playing a regular match. I did ok.

This morning before I woke up, I dreamt that my boss hired Monica Lewinsky. It was strange. I came in to work today and realized it was pretty much true.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Last night I dreamed that Yao Ming was hanging out outside of the house I was going into, and he asked me for an autograph as part of some sort of NBA fan friendly thing. I said only if he gave me an autograph, too. He was already holding a basketball for me to autograph, and there was one lying in the yard for me to have him autograph. As I was signing my name, Yao kept muttering in what my dream mind thinks is Chinese. I gave him the autographed ball, but it bounced under the wheel of a stopped bus. I told him to go pick it up before the bus took off and ran over it. Then I went in the house.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Kelric wrote:I had a dream last night that one of my friend's married Natalie Portman as part of a political alliance with my friend's faction after they conquered my neighbor's yard
Couple that with my beautiful sunset wedding on a Hawaiian beach to Keira Knightley, and it looks like you're plum out of luck for mid-night marital bliss.

OK, I made that up, but it sounded good.

- Ash
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

The last dream I recall took me in a timewarp to when I was still living in my parents home. My bother's room had apparently flooded and there was a party downstairs. At the party I kept getting these phone calls from the police and such, but I kept hanging them up because of the party.

Next I recall I was in my brothers room agian, and there was this god awful smell. Then the police came in, moved the mattresses and uncovered two decapitated decomposing bodies.

What does this mean?