Cops behaving badly

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Moliere

Re: Cops behaving badly

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
malchior

Post by malchior »

Not so much cops behaving badly but NPR covered the misuse of police dogs. Warning: the video is pretty brutal but it effectively demonstrated to me that there needs to be tight controls around the usage of dogs.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

2 Toronto policemen who mocked woman with Down syndrome plead guilty to misconduct
Two Toronto police officers who were recorded mocking a 29-year-old woman with Down syndrome have each pleaded guilty to one count of misconduct before a disciplinary committee.

Const. Sasa Sljivo and Const. Matthew Saris have entered their pleas at a police tribunal hearing packed with people supporting Francie Munoz.

Sljivo was charged with misconduct related to the use of profane, abusive or insulting language, while Saris was charged with misconduct related to the failure to report Sljivo's comments, which contravened the Ontario Human Rights Code.

The charges under the Police Services Act stem from an incident that took place in November 2016 and which the officers have called a "lapse in judgment" in a written apology.

The lawyer representing Munoz and her family has said the comments were made inside a police cruiser after the officers pulled over his clients, and were captured by the vehicle's dashboard camera. The Munoz family only learned of the comments because they decided to fight the ticket issued at the time and requested the evidence against them.

The family has said Sljivo can be heard describing Munoz as "disfigured" and a "half-person," while Saris is heard laughing and agreeing.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ottawa Cop

Cop spends significant on duty time getting laid, amongst various other transgressions.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Ridiculous. Abusing his position to the max. I hope he goes to jail for a good long time.
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Man tries to pay ticket with pennies, gets choked by guard and defecates self

Nine cops bullied teen accusing two NYC officers of cuffing, raping her
After two New York police officers allegedly raped a handcuffed teen inside a police van in Brooklyn, a group of cops visited her in a hospital room and tried to bully her out of pressing charges, her lawyer says.
New Orleans man locked up nearly 8 years awaiting trial, then drug case gets tossed
When Kevin Smith was jailed on a drug charge in New Orleans in 2010, Blockbuster was still renting DVDs and President Barack Obama was still trying to pass his signature health care bill.

Smith’s case never went to a jury. On Monday, 2,832 days after he was locked up, Criminal District Court Judge Tracey Flemings-Davillier ordered Smith’s release, bowing to an appeals court ruling that prosecutors had violated his right to a speedy trial.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

A town with 2,200 residents and a 3.5 minute drive to pass through. 30 cops. Makes good sense.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Paingod wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:30 pm A town with 2,200 residents and a 3.5 minute drive to pass through. 30 cops. Makes good sense.

Name that movie! :pop:
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down?
There is no hug button. Sad!
malchior

Post by malchior »

Moliere wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:39 pm
Paingod wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:30 pm A town with 2,200 residents and a 3.5 minute drive to pass through. 30 cops. Makes good sense.

The Gauntlet?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

malchior wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:12 pm
Moliere wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:39 pm

The Gauntlet?
:clap:

AKA Newburgh Heights, route 77
naednek

Post by naednek »

I was going to go with Speed, the prequel
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Carpet_pissr

Cops behaving badly

Post by Carpet_pissr »

So this murderer is being sentenced today:
http://www.wltx.com//article/news/local ... -496573046

Ex-Cop Michael Slager Faces Sentencing for Videotaped Killing of Walter Scott
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:57 am So this murderer is being sentenced today:
http://www.wltx.com/news/local/ex-cop-m ... /496573046

Ex-Cop Michael Slager Faces Sentencing for Videotaped Killing of Walter Scott
Now with a working link.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Thankee, sai.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Glad to assist.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dallas
Cash flowed through Alfredo Navarro Hinojosa's nightclubs, and on some weekends, so did hundreds of baggies of cocaine, according to a federal indictment filed this week.

Two Dallas police officers used their positions to benefit Hinojosa, his 40 clubs across North Texas and his illegal activities, which included money laundering and profiting from customers who bought drugs at his businesses, according to the indictment.

Hinojosa; the officers, who worked for him while off duty; and eight others were indicted.

The officers, who have since left the department, pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI before this week's indictment. They face up to five years in prison.

Court records allege that the officers used their law enforcement jobs and connections to keep Hinojosa, 57, and his employees out of trouble and attempted to impede local and federal criminal investigations.

Wiretaps recorded the officers chatting about their illegal activity on behalf of Hinojosa, as well as Hinojosa talking about drug sales and money laundering, according to court records.

Edward Villarreal, 48, of Carrollton, and Craig Woods, 60, of Dallas, were Dallas officers for more than 20 years before they left, Villarreal in 2015 and Woods this year. Dallas police did not respond to a request for the circumstances surrounding their departures, their assignments within the department or their ranks.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Arizona Cop Acquitted for Killing Man Crawling Down Hotel Hallway While Begging for His Life
Arizona jurors watched the video below, which shows former Mesa, Arizona, police officer Philip Mitchell Brailsford shooting and killing a man who was begging for his life and attempting to follow the officer's orders to crawl down a hotel hallway.

Yesterday, the jurors found Brailsford not guilty of second-degree murder and reckless manslaughter. Do you agree? (Warning: The video is pretty graphic.)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

That poor bastard's only crime in that video was being completely scared shitless. Complete and total brain melt.

Unfortunately, he also repeatedly flailed his arms out of sight after being expressly and repeatedly told not to. He was even given two freebies. The first when he put his hands being his back after getting up, and the second when he collapsed to hands and knees instead of shuffling forward on his knees. If the officer had said "Shuffle towards me on your knees with your hands up" I bet he'd still be alive. Instead he "Crawled" as ordered and screwed up a third time.

I get that the cops didn't want to go near the door to his room because there might be a third, possibly armed person there - but have people freeze and put a guard on them until you can secure them. Don't make them perform elaborate dance routines.
Black Lives Matter

tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

He wasn't shotb because he was crawling. His shorts were falling from around his waist because of the crawling he was ordered to do. He was reaching for his waist to pull up his shorts.

Regardless of chances etc... He should have been cuffed when laying face down. This whole hokey pokey crap was not needed.

Fuck this cop in the face. He was dismissed shortly after for "unrelated" reasons. I'm sure he'll find work at another PD. They all do. Broken system.

Hopefully they'll pay in an unlawful death civil suit.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
malchior

Post by malchior »

tjg_marantz wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:31 pm He wasn't shotb because he was crawling. His shorts were falling from around his waist because of the crawling he was ordered to do. He was reaching for his waist to pull up his shorts.

Regardless of chances etc... He should have been cuffed when laying face down. This whole hokey pokey crap was not needed.

Fuck this cop in the face. He was dismissed shortly after for "unrelated" reasons. I'm sure he'll find work at another PD. They all do. Broken system.

Hopefully they'll pay in an unlawful death civil suit.
Agree 100%. That cop independently should be responsible *flat out*. It might not be murder but he escalated the situation. He was scaring the shit out of the guy. He overwhelmed him. He is mostly responsible for this poor guy's violent and completely unnecessary death IMO.

Btw - one of the "unrelated" reasons was the inadmissible fact that his rifle said 'You're fucked' on it. Militarized police bullshit at its finest.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

That hallway thing would get a 'guilty' from me on murder. The camera for once gives a great view of everything. If the cop gets him to lay down then one of two things should happen. He's told to just lay there while the cops do whatever else it is they need to do before taking him into custody. OR they take him into custody, walk up and handcuff him.

That crawling around bit should not have happened. That's a cop deliberately farking with someone, looking for the first opportunity to shoot him. True or false, if you're the cop and you think this guy is a danger, do you really want him crawling around? Why? I'd want him frozen, face down on the ground. That's safest for me.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

That was just horrible. The guy was absolutely terrified of being shot. Given the awkward unnatural position, it would be very easy to unconsciously move out of that. That could have easily been anyone of us. I would have voted guilty in a heartbeat. Just horrible, very saddened in watching this video.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Something about this one that I just sensed was bad, so I've stayed away from it. My wife watched it like 5 times last night in the other room. Just punishing herself and getting worked up.

No thanks.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Goddamn. What was to be gained by making this obviously scared person crawl towards them? Why not just cuff him?

I know cops have a hard job and they have to make split second decisions, but I why does common sense go out the window? It reminds me of the "situation" where a severely autistic man had wandered outside of his assisted living home and was sitting down with a toy truck or something. Officers surrounded him and told him to put down the weapon. His caretaker begged them not to shoot him because he was only holding his favorite toy and had no idea what they were saying to him. An officer ended up shooting and hitting the caretaker who survived.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

They were getting him away from the door which they didn't know was safe or not. Totally fucked up way to do it though. What's wrong with walking backwards with your hands in the air? The cop was really setting him up to fail.

The incompetent bumbling with the door lock really caps it.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I learned one detail that colors it - the voice screaming at him and the shooter are different people. The officer yelling was the shooter's Sgt. That said I was with a vet last night who was in Iraq at a holiday party. His thoughts were I would have been court-martialed for that. No obvious threat. Bad tactics. He related that hands interlaced on back of head, turn around, and walk backwards towards my voice is the standard here. All around incompetence.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:07 am That said I was with a vet last night who was in Iraq at a holiday party.
Cushy tour.

:P
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
malchior

Post by malchior »

I've got nothing for this one. Complete lack of judgement hardly captures the scope of this one.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

11-year old girl held at gunpoint, handcuffed and told "quit crying."
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

tjg_marantz wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm What

The

Fuck

https://www.snopes.com/georgia-police-d ... um=twitter
While it is standard procedure for the dog's head to be cut off for rabies testing, I have no idea how the officer could have even slightly thought it was a good idea for the owner to do it..
He needs to be fired for sure and the owner needs to sue the hell out of the department.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As someone that has transported animal heads for rabies testing to the state laboratory...that's some seriously screwed up nonsense.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Criminal shit.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Woman attacked by police K9 while taking out the trash.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Moliere wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm Woman attacked by police K9 while taking out the trash.
What is with M/SP cops? I thought Pennsylvania was the Keystone State.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Moliere wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pmWoman attacked by police K9 while taking out the trash.
Jesus.

"What did I do to him?!"
"Nothing. Nothing. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Bullshit. More like ... "We were walking our combat trained animal and letting it drift out of sight and around corners 20 feet ahead of us. Totally our fault."
Black Lives Matter

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Paingod wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 pm
Moliere wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pmWoman attacked by police K9 while taking out the trash.
Jesus.

"What did I do to him?!"
"Nothing. Nothing. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Bullshit. More like ... "We were walking our combat trained animal and letting it drift out of sight and around corners 20 feet ahead of us. Totally our fault."
I don't know. It didn't look like she was separating her recyclables...
j/k
Anyway, probably not a good idea to try pulling her arm out that way. The dogs teeth are curved inward. You should try to put your arm/hand towards the throat.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us