Marvel's Netflix serieses

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Marvel's Netflix serieses

Post by Isgrimnur »

It is kinda old, and may be out of date, but:

Enlarge Image

So don't expect any Deadpool/Spidey crossovers anytime soon.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GargoyleBoy

Re: Marvel's Netflix serieses

Post by GargoyleBoy »

Isgrimnur wrote:It is kinda old, and may be out of date, but:

Enlarge Image

Still pretty accurate, except Spidey now overlaps with Marvel Studios.
"Never write anything unless you wanted it copied and handed around. Don't speak to two people unless you are physically strong and fast enough to catch and kill both of them with bare hands." -Tareeq
"His elbow commands the sun! Bow before him!" -Two Sheds
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Isgrimnur wrote:It is kinda old, and may be out of date, but:

Enlarge Image

Spidey was in Civil War and if I understand correctly Iron Man will be in the Spider-Man movie
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yup, but that's because of a large treaty between Sony and Marvel after years of effort, not due to any change in the rights.

For contrast, look at Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in X-Men and Avengers. Two different sets of actors with two different storylines.
JCC

Post by JCC »

I am 7 episodes into Luke Cage and I think it's fantastic. If Quentin Tarantino had made a Luke Cage show I am sure (along with being set in the 70s) it would be quite different. But, I think the soundtrack would be very similar as it is FANTASTIC. The indicental music and the theme tune are great. But, any time there is a nightclub singer it's just amazing. These are not genres of music I listen to on my own, but it's all superb in this show.

Really think the primary actors are all great. I am not ready to say this is better than Jessica Jones yet, but that might happen. Definitely light years better than the Fisk-less episodes of Daredevil. It is slower paced than the other two shows, particularly Daredevil, but I don't mind at all as it's all so good. Really hope I can squeeze in an episode tonight.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Updated version of the Guide to Marvel Movie Characters...

Enlarge Image

Still missing Iron Fist.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He's hiding behind Daredevil.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

OK I finished Luke Cage. It was a very good show. Overall I like Daredevil better because of its highly entertaining and revolutionary fight scenes. Where Luke Cage is revolutionary is in its intelligent portrayal of black American culture. Whereas Jessica Jones attempted a film noir style in its first couple episodes, it was quickly abandoned. Luke Cage hits all the right notes with its music, its frank representation of the current racial problems with police, and its unwillingness to settle on stereotypes.

I put Daredevil over Luke Cage primarily because with Daredevil there's actual danger involved. He gets his ass kicked regularly. Luke Cage is too similar to Superman. His fights are only entertaining in the sometimes comical ways in which he knocks someone out.

Luke Cage's supporting cast is superior, however. This was almost as much a show about Misty Knight as it was about Luke Cage. Cottonmouth, played by Mahershala Ali, was a fantastic villain. I did not much like Rosario Dawson's role in the show, however. She was awkwardly written.

One of the common criticisms is that the show could have been tighter if told in fewer episodes. I agree somewhat, but I enjoyed the ride, even through the couple of episodes that were mostly filler. Overall, this was definitely a show worth watching.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Is Dawson's character going to be the common thread that ties them all together? So far she is the only one that "knows" all three of the heroes. So she can connect them to each other. Guess we'll see if she makes an appearance in Iron Fist.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

She is confirmed to be in it as of just recently.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/marvel-iron ... 201833442/
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The whole "I'm an inner city nurse who understands advanced biotechnology research, field combat triage, metallurgy, and whatever else you happen to throw at me" shtick grew tiresome in Luke Cage though.
He won. Period.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

hepcat wrote:The whole "I'm an inner city nurse who understands advanced biotechnology research, field combat triage, metallurgy, and whatever else you happen to throw at me" shtick grew tiresome in Luke Cage though.
Yes.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Like Felicity in Arrow, Caitlyn in The Flash, et al. Seems like there's always one.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Hamlet3145 wrote:She is confirmed to be in it as of just recently.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/marvel-iron ... 201833442/
So she the new Coulson? Maybe getting stabbed in the chest will activate the Defenders!
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hepcat wrote:The whole "I'm an inner city nurse who understands advanced biotechnology research, field combat triage, metallurgy, and whatever else you happen to throw at me" shtick grew tiresome in Luke Cage though.
I'm only... four (I think) episodes in. The only scene that I can recall was from a trailer. I haven't gotten to experience that aspect yet.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I don't hate her, I just wish they had a more interesting character to tie the heroes together.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nurse ex machina
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Nutrix ex machina, you mean.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

What does Voyager's cook have to do with it? Did Benson get a cameo, too?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ooh, nice call out!
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

One question/problem I had with Luke Cage...
Spoiler:
We heard Mariah talk about interesting possibilities for killing him: poison, drowning, fire. I wouldn't expect fire to work, I guess, and drowning is obviously difficult, but what about poison? Is there a comic book answer to this? I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to slip a little cyanide in his food or drink.
GargoyleBoy

Post by GargoyleBoy »

cheeba wrote:One question/problem I had with Luke Cage...
Spoiler:
We heard Mariah talk about interesting possibilities for killing him: poison, drowning, fire. I wouldn't expect fire to work, I guess, and drowning is obviously difficult, but what about poison? Is there a comic book answer to this? I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to slip a little cyanide in his food or drink.
Spoiler:
Fire could work through smoke inhalation, if he couldn't escape the area. For fire and drowning both the big problem is containing him long enough.

Poison would work - he doesn't have Wolverine's healing factor - though how much poison to use would be another question entirely.
"Never write anything unless you wanted it copied and handed around. Don't speak to two people unless you are physically strong and fast enough to catch and kill both of them with bare hands." -Tareeq
"His elbow commands the sun! Bow before him!" -Two Sheds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Spoiler:
I think it's the uncertainty that any of those might actually work that stays their hand. With his healing factor (I do believe they actually mention that he heals faster than normal at one point), who knows if poison really will work. Same goes for fire. As for drowning, I can't see Luke Cage getting tricked into a dunking booth at the fair, or being lured out to sea by his enemies with any real ease.
He won. Period.
JCC

Post by JCC »

I really liked Luke Cage for 12 episodes. I even liked Diamndback even though he was nowhere near as compelling as Cottonmouth. I even went along with the silly backstory between him and Cage. But man, that last episode sucked. In general, I thought LC was superior to Daredevil in every way, but at least Daredevil had two good season finales. Luke Cage's ending was unsatisfying, anticlimactic, but even worse... it was boring. Also Luke Cage and Nurse Genius have no sexual chemistry, unlike Luke and Detective moron.

I don't mean to hate on it. It was mostly great for 12 episodes and I will be excited for season 2, but I hope it has a better ending.

My 2nd favorite Netflix marvel series. Jessica Jones is still queen for me.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

cheeba wrote:One question/problem I had with Luke Cage...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I believe that they tried Iocane powder, but found out he had built up an immunity to it over time.
Semi related.. I saw a shirt at comic con of Kylo Ren... Force awakens spoiler.
Spoiler:
It said: My name is Ben Solo, I killed my father, prepare to cry
I had to explain it to my son... I may have failed as a father..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I finished Luke Cage this weekend. It wasn't bad, but I would rank it lower than the Daredevil or JJ. I actually really enjoyed the first four or five episodes, but I think it got kind of lost when
Spoiler:
Cottonmouth died and Diamondback became the main villain.
In the other Netflix Marvel series, the main villain at least had a decent motive for doing what he was doing. But the Diamondback story was just stupid and most of his dialogue was terrible. I agree with others who have said it felt like they needed to stretch the series out to 13 episodes; it would have been much tighter with eight or ten episodes.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

So I cancelled Netflix before they started streaming and way before they did original series. Last week I re-subbed to finish a series my wife wanted to see. Yesterday I finally watched the first episode of Daredevil. Just now, about 24 hours later, I finished the 13th episode. Holy crap. That is right up there with my favorite TV of all time (Dexter and Breaking Bad because how do you decide between the two?). Why didn't you guys tell me how good Daredevil is?

I have a lot more to watch to catch up. I'll check back in next week. :twisted:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Man, if you just jumped in now you have enough content to get you through 2017 easily solely from their original content. Enjoy.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Two episodes into Jessica Jones... Arrow is a sitcom by comparison, jeezus.

I'm only in it for the Marvel stuff and Stranger Things. I know there is another thread for the not Marvel stuff. I'll visit that when I need more.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Finished Jessica Jones last night. Wow.

I guess Daredevil Season 2 is next? I could use a break from Luke anyway.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Yeah, Daredevil Season 2 and then Luke Cage. Then you're caught up.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, until Iron Fist is March. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I took a little break. This weekend I plowed through DD S2... wow. It just keeps going. I don't think it was quite as cohesive as season 1, maybe because you know it wasn't just one story, but I really like both anti-heroes that were introduced.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Iron Fist trailer.   Not sure I''m feeling this yet.  Also, Claire seems to show up in all there series and I guess she's Netflix version of Stan Lee in the MCU
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

tru1cy wrote:[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9OKL5no-S0] Also, Claire seems to show up in all there series and I guess she's Netflix version of Stan Lee in the MCU
I think the idea is that Claire will be the one who brings them all together for the Defenders.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
tru1cy wrote:[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9OKL5no-S0] Also, Claire seems to show up in all there series and I guess she's Netflix version of Stan Lee in the MCU
I think the idea is that Claire will be the one who brings them all together for the Defenders.
That was my prediction way back when... (I think while I was watching Jessica Jones.)

Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
As long as that scenario ends with her moving to Australia, I'm okay with rhat.
He won. Period.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I'm mainly curious to see how many of the Defenders she can hook up with.
Black Lives Matter