Marvel's Netflix serieses

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Moliere

Re: Marvel's Netflix serieses

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Moliere wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:29 pm LUKE CAGE Season 2 Official Trailer
Wasn't that just documented 5 posts before yours? Of course, since it was Smoove, it might just now be uploading.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Someone should really post the new Luke Cage trailer here.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm caught up on everything but Punisher. The problem is that I'm just not watching much TV right now. I watch the DC shows with the kids, but that's pretty much it. I have several series that I was working my way through, but I haven't watched a single episode in a couple of months.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Freyland wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:28 am
Moliere wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:29 pm LUKE CAGE Season 2 Official Trailer
Wasn't that just documented 5 posts before yours?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

For me the problem is too much comic book TV and movie choices. I'm trying hard to not spend my precious little screen time watching nothing but superhero stuff. I still haven't seen Wonder Woman, Black Panther or Avengers: Infinity War. I'm sure I'd enjoy the hell out of them, it's just that if I didn't get to see Phantom Thread at the theater then I can't justify going out for another Marvel movie. I'm intentionally spacing them out at this point just for the sake of cinema.

I did just finish Peaky Blinders and will soon finish Hitler's Circle of Evil, so maybe I can go back and finish Luke Cage.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Oh yeah. Punisher. Forgot about that one. Not being a Punisher fan, I guess that's easy to understand.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Don't skip The Punisher! Much better than Iron Fist, IMHO. He's a better character and Bernthal nailed it.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Smoove_B wrote:Don't skip The Punisher! Much better than Iron Fist, IMHO. He's a better character and Bernthal nailed it.
Yeah. I’m not a Punisher fan but the show is excellent and Bernthal is phenomenal.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I still can't get myself to watch Jessica Jones season 2. I made it to episode 3 and just lost all interest. I should force myself to sit through the rest just in case it feeds into one of the better shows.

Did they just fire all the writers they initially hired for the first seasons of Daredevil, JJ and Luke Cage or something?
Covfefe!
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hentzau wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:39 am Oh yeah. Punisher. Forgot about that one. Not being a Punisher fan, I guess that's easy to understand.
:(
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

msteelers wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:22 am
Smoove_B wrote:Don't skip The Punisher! Much better than Iron Fist, IMHO. He's a better character and Bernthal nailed it.
Yeah. I’m not a Punisher fan but the show is excellent and Bernthal is phenomenal.
:(
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

:lol:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Finally got around to watching the Luke Cage season 2 trailer and it looks like fun...up until Rosario shows up again.
Covfefe!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:06 pm Finally got around to watching the Luke Cage season 2 trailer and it looks like fun...up until Rosario shows up again.
You did not just disparage Rosario Dawson...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I’m so done with Claire, it’s not even funny. She’s the Dale of the Netflix Marvel universe.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I mean seriously. I dated someone that could have been her sister; the resemblance bothers me sometimes. I'm clearly biased, but I really don't know anyone that doesn't like Rosario Dawson.

EDIT: Two people? What the hell.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

They should just give her a jet pack so she can fly into every marvel show on Netflix and then back out again. That’s what her appearances feel like to me.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I kind of feel that she's written in a way that threads all the Netflix shows together. Is it great? No. But it gives them some connection.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The Hand could’ve done that just as well...and probably without sleeping with all the characters.

Seriously, a jet pack. She flies into a scene, hovers there for a minute in the background, then nods her head and zooms off. It still achieves the same thing she gives the show now.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

One week until Luke Cage S2 drops. The media blitz has begun.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Caught the first three episode of cloak and dagger. Not sure I'll stick with it, I'm confused as to why I should care. Not a good sign.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You're not the target demographic. And it's not a Netflix Series. And there's a different thread.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Isgrimnur wrote:You're not the target demographic. And it's not a Netflix Series. And there's a different thread.
You're not my real dad!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 am One week until Luke Cage S2 drops. The media blitz has begun.
Boom!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

So, who's finished it? How is it? TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!
JCC

Post by JCC »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:13 am So, who's finished it? How is it? TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!
Haven't watched a single second of it yet, but your post made me LOL. Hopefully will start it tomorrow.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
naednek

Post by naednek »

was going to start watching today, but figured i should finish Westworld season 2. Otherwise I'll forget what happens
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I like it so far.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

4 or 5 episodes in. Decent so far and I look forward to continuing. Villain looks interesting. Has some promising story-lines so far.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

After Episode 9, I do hate Mariah.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Ok, all I can say to that last episode is “Wow!” So many twists and turns I could not tell which way it was going. I’m not certain how the change at the end will play out, but I am certainly interested in seeing what happens next season!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So at 7 episodes in on Luke Cage, and I am enjoying it. I really like the stakes that Cage is going up against and they feel well tailored to Cage(its a micro scale and not a MEGA the world is gonna go BOOM that seems the norm with all the marvel movies nowadays; fyi i am sick and tired of the marvel movies right now) . I like the storylines overall. The villains seems appropriate and to scale. They do have some drop ins of characters from the Defenders universe which feel welcome and not a distraction. I also like the feel and vibe of the show; ie its drapped in Luke's yello hued colors; the intersplicing of musicians is still pretty cool: the blues dude in episode 3 (i think) is awesome. He's the chubby guy; awesome musician though.

Also - quick spoiler with a more serious spoiler at the bottom
Spoiler:
-claire disappears after episode 3, so that's good (she's overused right now)

- i am having a hard time w/ Shades. the character seems interesting, but the actor (Juice from Sons of anarchy) seems miscast. The character seems as if they should be oozing a type of charisma, but Rossi cant seem to hit those notes. There are times when he almost captures the character but most often I think its a miss. His rendering makes Shades a lot more wooden than I think he should be. I mean with a name like Shades, you should be oozing cool right? I have no experience with the comics, just my interpretation. I like the actor, but the character seems a bit wooden at times. I also really dont buy the love affair between Shades & Alfre Woodward (Mariah i think). I just dont buy into it.

-am enjoying Misty's evolution as a character.

- I felt the show really hit its groove when Cage rescues Piranha at the night club and they go on the run.

For reference I rank the shows the following

SOLID & MUST SEE
- Daredevil
-Luke Cage

Can do without
-jesssica Jones & Iron Fist
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Luke Cage Season 2...…...blah.
Not a superhero show as much as it's a soap opera.
Another Marvel Netfix series with a weak ass villian and WAAAAY too much filler.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

The point of Shades is not that he’s cool, but that he’s a cold blooded killer (though with a code). They even tell you how he got the nickname and it has nothing to do with being cool or charismatic.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I’m a few episodes into Luke Cage. I’m liking it so far, but damned if I can’t understand half of what the Jamaican villain says.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That’s what subtitles are for.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I was happy to see Rakim as the final musical act.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’m enjoying season 2 of Luke Cage. It does venture into melodrama more than I’d like, but at least the theme has been consistent.

However, I can’t decide whether Alfre Woodward is brilliant or awful as Mariah. :?
Covfefe!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Just finished Luke Cage. Liked it much better than season 1. The villains were more interesting and the last episode really sets up the next season (assuming there is one). I agree that the actor playing Shades is pretty bad in this role. Mariah has grown on me, though; I think the actress is intentionally playing her super campy.

One thing I must have missed though:
Spoiler:
what happens to Bushmaster at the end? He just seemed to disappear. I think there was a scene that alluded to it, but I was playing Scrabble on my phone... either way, seems a bit odd how he just wasn’t there or mentioned anymore.
Black Lives Matter