Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Three (and Ant-Man)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

naednek

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Three

Post by naednek »

Wow that looks bad, but then again I said that when I first saw the first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy. But some how I know my reaction to this trailer will still be right when it comes out.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

All 13 episodes of Daredevil hits Netflix on April 10th in all regions
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

tru1cy wrote:All 13 episodes of Daredevil hits Netflix on April 10th in all regions
Cool, I'm looking forward to checking this out!
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Daredevil trailer

Looks awesome
DD*

Post by DD* »

tru1cy wrote:Daredevil trailer

Looks awesome
Oh hell yeah! Now if they can just pull off Dr. Strange I am going to be one happy Marvel Zombie! Excelsior!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

RDJ reposted this:
Ok, since Cumberbatch is officially Strange, there needs to be a scene featuring Cumberbatch and Downey Jr. where someone says something along the lines of “No shit, Sherlock” and they both look at each other uncomfortably
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Seemed like a fairly generic super hero trailer. "I'm a broody and introspective vigilante style hero in a dark world." Join the club.

I suspect the show will be at least decent because it's Marvel and this is what they do these days, but the trailer itself didn't make much of an impression on me. Though it's interesting (looking at the article below) that they're apparently going to explore Murdock's Catholicism and how it shaped and interacts with his superhero mission.
Black Lives Matter.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Was that Stick that we saw in the trailer?

If so, awesome. Ain't no Daredevil like a Frank Miller Daredevil!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

hentzau wrote:Was that Stick that we saw in the trailer?

Scott Glenn will play Stick
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

tru1cy wrote:
hentzau wrote:Was that Stick that we saw in the trailer?

Scott Glenn will play Stick
Inspired casting. (And I just read the full wikipedia article that says that. Guess I should completely read what I link, huh?)
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Pyperkub wrote:RDJ reposted this:
Ok, since Cumberbatch is officially Strange, there needs to be a scene featuring Cumberbatch and Downey Jr. where someone says something along the lines of “No shit, Sherlock” and they both look at each other uncomfortably
That would be awesome.
Hodor.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Neat. I guess dump trucks full of money do solve problems.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I'm assuming he's going to make an appearance in Captain America: Civil War. That seems to be the logical one to throw him into.

And I'd love it if it was Andrew Garfield. I thought he did a great job as Spidey (even though I never saw the second one.) But most likely we're looking at another reboot (and maybe even someone else besides Peter Parker as Spider-Man. :shock: )
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

hentzau wrote:(and maybe even someone else besides Peter Parker as Spider-Man. :shock: )
Miles Morales?

Gwen Stacey?

Japanese Spiderman?

Enlarge Image
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Looks like all other phase 3 movies for 2016 have been pushed back to 2017 to get Spider Man movies into the MCU
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I'd vote for Miles too--that way it would be a totally clean start from Sony and we won't have a third reboot of Peter Parker.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

In some ways I kind of liked the Spider-Man movies being separate from the rest of the Marvel Universe, though, partly because the modern Spider-Man movies (while mostly not terrible, except for Spider-Man 3) are materially worse than the rest of the modern Marvel-related movies. I don't want their stink getting on the rest of the movie set.
Black Lives Matter.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

tru1cy wrote:Looks like all other phase 3 movies for 2016 have been pushed back to 2017 to get Spider Man movies into the MCU

Where did that info come from? Sony still holds the rights and is still making, producing and distributing the Spiderman movies. Why would that push back anything from Marvel studios? In fact the announcement says
Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal
So we wont be seeing a Spiderman movie until 2017 but Spiderman will appear in a phase 3 Marvel movie, which will likely be a 2016 release.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

got my dates wrong but here
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I'm excited and a little disheartened about this news at the same time. Getting Spider-Man into the MCU is a big deal, and is a good thing. But I'm just not a fan of Sony's vision for the web-crawler, and now that he's in a bigger universe you can't just hit reset. It has to be done right, or it ruins the whole thing.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Its kind of a wait and see thing since Marvel will have major influence but Sony is keeping creative control.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Guys, you have to read between the lines. Sony has struck out with Spiderman and they know the property will be worth far more as part of the MCU. The future Spiderman movies will be MCU productions. Yes, Sony will have "creative" control but that's just a fig leaf. Figge and the rest of the Marvel team will be doing the heavy lifting, because any Spidey solo movie will have to continue to fit into the MCU. Sony is basically giving over Spiderman to the Marvel team but they will distribute/release the film under their brand but that's about it.

Far too much hand wringing here. Marvel is clearly in control where it counts.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Those of you wanting Garfield to continue as Spidey, well its not gonna happen. Hes been dumped. http://www.blastr.com/2015-2-10/andrew- ... spider-man
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

tru1cy wrote:Looks like all other phase 3 movies for 2016 have been pushed back to 2017 to get Spider Man movies into the MCU
I suspect this is also to get Sony some less competition on certain weekends.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

rshetts2 wrote:Those of you wanting Garfield to continue as Spidey, well its not gonna happen. Hes been dumped. http://www.blastr.com/2015-2-10/andrew- ... spider-man
Now you can have three generations of kids confused as to what actor should be associated with Spider-Man. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
DD*

Post by DD* »

I don't even care if it's fake or not!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

New Daredevil trailer
DD*

Post by DD* »

Grifman wrote:Guys, you have to read between the lines. Sony has struck out with Spiderman and they know the property will be worth far more as part of the MCU. The future Spiderman movies will be MCU productions. Yes, Sony will have "creative" control but that's just a fig leaf. Figge and the rest of the Marvel team will be doing the heavy lifting, because any Spidey solo movie will have to continue to fit into the MCU. Sony is basically giving over Spiderman to the Marvel team but they will distribute/release the film under their brand but that's about it.

Far too much hand wringing here. Marvel is clearly in control where it counts.
Now they need to fold in the FF - a property that sorely needs a true "Marvel" makeover (hint: Galactus is not a big cloud and Doc Doom does not do "Electro" imitations :doh: ).

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

You know, the real problem with the Marvel Cinematic Universe is that it does not, across its many movies, involve nearly enough busting of ghosts.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote:You know, the real problem with the Marvel Cinematic Universe is that it does not, across its many movies, involve nearly enough busting of ghosts.
Dormammu in the Doctor Strange movie coming right up.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Some more Daredevil stuff
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Three (and Ant-Man)

Post by Isgrimnur »

Break out the udder cream!
Good news for fans of Marvel and Star Wars as Disney CEO Bob Iger says they are never going to stop making new movies.
Regarding Marvel, Iger offered: "Marvel, you're dealing with thousands and thousands of characters - that will go on forever.”

Iger also offered the doesn't think people will get tired of either Marvel or Star Wars as long as they keep things fresh.

"No, I don't think they're getting weary,” Iger said. "But I think we keep raising the bar in terms of telling stories that bring them back, that excites them, that makes it feel new and that is what we do for a living.”
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Cosmic Book News Updates
Isgrimnur wrote:
May 6 2016
Captain America: Civil War

November 4 2016
Doctor Strange (thread)

May 5 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

July 7 2017
Spider-Man

July November 3 2017
Thor: Ragnarok

November 2017 February 16, 2018
Black Panther

May 4 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1

July 6 2018
Ant-Man and Wasp

July 2018 March 8 2019
Captain Marvel (Hamlet's thread)

May 3 2019
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2

November 2018 July 12 2019
Inhumans
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Inhumans go extinct:
After months of being shifted around in Marvel's release schedule, the Inhumans movie has been removed completely from Phase 3. This has sent fans into a flurry of speculation on why the film seems to have been shelved, and what it could be replaced with.

According to ComicBook.com, the last word from Kevin Feige was that Inhumans would still get made, but that was a while ago. With Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. exploring the Inhumans in Seasons 2 and 3, it makes sense that the Inhumans movie might clash with this.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Isgrimnur wrote:Inhumans go extinct:
After months of being shifted around in Marvel's release schedule, the Inhumans movie has been removed completely from Phase 3. This has sent fans into a flurry of speculation on why the film seems to have been shelved, and what it could be replaced with.

According to ComicBook.com, the last word from Kevin Feige was that Inhumans would still get made, but that was a while ago. With Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. exploring the Inhumans in Seasons 2 and 3, it makes sense that the Inhumans movie might clash with this.
SHIELD is doing a good job with Inhumans. I think its the best season of the show yet. I have no interest in an inhumans film though. I want mutants in the MCU :(
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would kill to see Black Bolt on the screen though.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, the comic Inhumans living on the moon are a completely different league than the tv show could ever do justice with.