Post by hepcat »

"Shoot first...think never"

:lol:

This show continues to deliver.
He won. Period.
hentzau

Re: Evil Dead: The Series

Post by hentzau »

Because my kids were in front of the television all weekend (if not watching, reading or some such in the same room) I was only able to catch the first episode last night before bed.

Now I need to subscribe to Starz, dammit.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I started watching the second episode...then woke up and it was over. So no, I don't feel compelled to subscribe.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

But you did feel compelled to let everyone know.

Never change, Jeff. :lol:
He won. Period.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I'm sorry, this isn't the thread to talk about this series?

I watched the first episode earlier this week. It was ok, not exactly "must see TV." I intended to watch the second last night and it put me asleep. Hentzau said watching the first episode made him want to subscribe, my experience provides no such urgency.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jeff V wrote: Hentzau said watching the first episode made him want to subscribe, my experience provides no such urgency.
I thought
So no, I don't feel compelled to subscribe.
was funny. No one had actually asked you to subscribe. :lol:

But in all honesty, you not appearing unsolicited to say something sucks would make me worry about your health. Don't make me worry, damn it! Keep it up!
He won. Period.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I never said it sucks. I inferred it's not "Game of Thrones" good (to name perhaps the only show worth padding the cable bill for).

I actually have no idea if the second episode is good or bad, only that it wasn't good enough to keep me awake. I suppose that puts it somewhere in the lower 95% of all television.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

p.s. speakers imply, listeners infer. :wink:
He won. Period.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Comparing Ash vs Evil Dead to Game of Thrones is the TV-show equivalent of comparing Evil Dead 2 to The Fellowship of the Ring in the movie world. Sure, the latter is always going to win a direct comparison, but that's kind of missing the point.

Edit: Now that I've written that, I'm kind of expecting Jeff V to tell me that Evil Dead 2 is indeed better than The Fellowship of the Ring. :P
Insert witty comment here.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Frodo did not have a chainsaw hand. Automatic fail in my book.
He won. Period.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

TiLT wrote:Comparing Ash vs Evil Dead to Game of Thrones is the TV-show equivalent of comparing Evil Dead 2 to The Fellowship of the Ring in the movie world. Sure, the latter is always going to win a direct comparison, but that's kind of missing the point.

Edit: Now that I've written that, I'm kind of expecting Jeff V to tell me that Evil Dead 2 is indeed better than The Fellowship of the Ring. :P
I wasn't comparing the two...I was giving an example of a show that would (to me) justify paying an extra cost to see to give a frame of reference of how good this show would have to be to compel me to subscribe to a channel I don't currently pay for. This was partly in response to Hentzau implying this show indeed is worth the cost of a subscription, a claim I personally can't relate to for reasons given.
Black Lives Matter
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Jeff V wrote:
TiLT wrote:Comparing Ash vs Evil Dead to Game of Thrones is the TV-show equivalent of comparing Evil Dead 2 to The Fellowship of the Ring in the movie world. Sure, the latter is always going to win a direct comparison, but that's kind of missing the point.

I wasn't comparing the two...I was giving an example of a show that would (to me) justify paying an extra cost to see to give a frame of reference of how good this show would have to be to compel me to subscribe to a channel I don't currently pay for. This was partly in response to Hentzau implying this show indeed is worth the cost of a subscription, a claim I personally can't relate to for reasons given.
I was actually responding to Jeff V's Game of Thrones comment, not anything you said. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

TiLT wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

I was actually responding to Jeff V's Game of Thrones comment, not anything you said. :)
Do you want to tell him or should I?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's official, I'm confused now.

...ah, who the hell am I kidding. I've been confused since childhood.
He won. Period.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote:
TiLT wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

I think I'll leave it just as it is. :lol:
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

The Fellowship of the Rings had elves. Evil Dead 2 didn't. That alone is proof that Evil Dead 2 is the superior piece of cinema, ipso facto*.

*I don't actually know what ipso facto means, but I always wanted to use it in a sentence and this seemed the right occasion.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Actually you used it correctly ("by that very fact") if a bit redundantly.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sheesh tgb, when even I believe that your use of the enter key to make a comedic statement is a bit extreme, you know you've gone too far. :lol:
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Admit it. The more you scrolled the more excited you became.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Isgrimnur wrote:
TiLT wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

How the hell did I do that? Who did I think I was replying to? :oops:

I guess that kind of backfired, didn't it?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

A wee bit. :D
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Season 2 trailer

Two words...Ted Raimi
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Motörhead AND puppets? It's like they're looking directly into my pleasure center and giving me what I want. In.
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Anyone else catch the S2 premier? It was MOTS, which is fine by me, but with an added helping of Lee Majors, which made it even better.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup. It was fantastic. Still enjoying the hell out of it. The six million dollar man riff was worth the price of admission alone.
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

hepcat wrote:Yup. It was fantastic. Still enjoying the hell out of it. The six million dollar man riff was worth the price of admission alone.
Right before that I had asked tlr to confirm that it was, in fact, Majors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I remember watching him on Big Valley as a young boy and thinking that if I were to grow up to look like anyone, it would be him.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ash: I have a plan to get my car back.
Ruby: Don't you mean the book?
Ash: Sorry, did I say car? I meant to say car.

Then they pan over to two other costars and you can see them laugh (which seemed unscripted). The delivery was just perfect coming timing. :lol:
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Fuck.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

hepcat wrote:It's official, I'm confused now

...ah, who the hell am I kidding. I've been confused since childhood.
I was actually renesting the Jeff V's/Tilt Game of Thrones comment, not anything hep said.
Better?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The delivery was just perfect coming timing.
What kind of show is this again??
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

tgb wrote:Fuck.
He'll be back in season 3, I'm sure. Wait...any word on a season 3 renewal?
Daehawk wrote:
The delivery was just perfect coming timing.
What kind of show is this again??
It's comedy horror. But more comedy. And over the top gore that's so ridiculous it makes you laugh. I find myself laughing at almost anything Campbell says. The guy is still hilarious after all these years.
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

hepcat wrote:
It's comedy horror. But more comedy. And over the top gore that's so ridiculous it makes you laugh. I find myself laughing at almost anything Campbell says. The guy is still hilarious after all these years.
Some friends of ours who are big Walking Dead fans don't normally get Starz, but I guess this was a free weekend because they asked if there was anything they should be recording.

I look forward to the reaction if last night was their first exposure to the show.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

My wife always shakes her head and rolls her eyes when she sees me watching it, laughing and cringing all at once. Last night I said the "F" word, too. :cry:
-mf
tgb

Post by tgb »

Was that supposed to be the series finale? It sure felt like it.

Loved the spoof of Return of the Jedi
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Did you see the bit after the credits?
-mf
tgb

Post by tgb »

I did and I suppose it hints at another season, but not necessarily.

I half expected the Scooby Gang to end the episode in the Army of Darkness era. A season built around that could be fun.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

True, it seemed to allow it to end or continue, depending on the whims of fate and network programming. :wink:

Bruce says that all the monkeys are in the room! working on Season 3. 8-) But with a new show runner. :?
-mf
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Season 3 opener should not have worked. But damn if I didn’t laugh out loud more than once.

“Ah Cougie, they got you too?”

“Sandy?”

:lol:
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Cancelled
Starz has opted to cancel its Evil Dead comedic follow-up Ash vs. Evil Dead. From The Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert comedy's April 29 season three finale will now serve as its series finale.
Always renewed for an additional season before its premiere, the comedy launched in 2015 to 437,000 same-day viewers. Never a ratings breakout, Ash's ratings haul has dwindled over the years with its April 15 installment slipping to 175,000 viewers (sans DVR).

"Ash vs. Evil Dead has been the ride of a lifetime," Campbell said. "Ash Williams was the role of a lifetime. It was an honor to reunite with Evil Dead partners Rob Tapert and Sam Raimi to give our tireless fans another taste of the outrageous horror/comedy they demanded. I will always be grateful to Starz for the opportunity to revisit the franchise that launched our careers."