[AMC] Preacher

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Rip

Re: [AMC] Preacher

Post by Rip »

Just finishing up Season 1. Awesome show, although I am a little surprised god is still relying on modem technology.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Yeah just finished Season 1 and loved it, Not starting season 2 until all episodes are out. Really good choices on the cast, looking forward to season 2.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I may hold of at least a little while before starting Season 2.

Quick question though, and feel free to spoiler just in case, but did everyone in the town with the church die? If so that sucks because there are/were a lot of characters there I hoped to see more of.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

S2 is set in a completely different place, so the fine people of Annville would be irrelevant whether they survived or not.

S2 was slow to find its way, IMO, but I'm enjoying it thoroughly as it wraps up. I think there are only 1-2 episodes left.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Dang, the girl who helped out at the church was scorching, I will miss her.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Couldn't hold out for long, just not much to watch atm.

Already starting S2ep9.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

AMC announces that Preacher will end after season 4 - premiering 8/4/19.
“The fourth and final season of ‘Preacher’ is coming. It’s been a wild ride. Thank you all,” Rogen captioned a video he shared on Twitter and Instagram, which showed the drama will return for its final 10-episode run on Aug. 4.
I guess they're going the Netflix route of giving a show ~3 seasons and then cancelling it. I never got the impression it was a ratings winner, but I've really enjoyed it. Hopefully they knew this was going to happen and wrote an series ending.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Liam9654

Post by Liam9654 »

I liked this project. Dynamically and without snot. Most importantly, the actors played their roles amazing, especially the main character conveys great emotions. Jesse is a monster in a good way :)
I hoped for a longer continuation of this epic saga, curious as they finish the last season. Standby mode is on. :horse:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

‘Without snot’ is how I like most of my projects, but, alas, April is not a kind month to me.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:45 pm AMC announces that Preacher will end after season 4 - premiering 8/4/19.
“The fourth and final season of ‘Preacher’ is coming. It’s been a wild ride. Thank you all,” Rogen captioned a video he shared on Twitter and Instagram, which showed the drama will return for its final 10-episode run on Aug. 4.
I guess they're going the Netflix route of giving a show ~3 seasons and then cancelling it. I never got the impression it was a ratings winner, but I've really enjoyed it. Hopefully they knew this was going to happen and wrote an series ending.
Would you rather them go The Walking Dead route and beat the show into the ground?
Hodor.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Given the choice between those two options, no - absolutely not. I guess at some point I expect these type of premium shows to have a defined "arc" that is planned for a limited number of seasons from the start. When I see things like this, it makes me think these shows are being developed on a year-to-year basis and I think that ultimately hurts them. In other words, the shows are potentially being poorly judged because they're trying to create a "one shot" story that covers 8-10 episodes without ever knowing if those episodes will connect to the next 8-10.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think they've done a good job of covering all the major points of the comic (albeit in a very different manner in many cases), so I'm not too upset. I love the show dearly. But it had 4 seasons and it's ending while it's still a quality show.
He won. Period.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Loved to have a few more seasons because I love this show still but better to end it on a high note than run it into the ground.
I mean I still love The Walking Dead but I don't sit around, with great anticipation, waiting for the next season now.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Agreed. I also think that the first season was the best and it's been gradually sliding since then anyway. I do hope it resolves itself; sometimes the pressure to end a series is exactly what it needs to up its game.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Final season begins tonight.

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Hmmm... I gave up on this part way through Season 3, don't remember exactly why. Since they started advertising S4 I've been pondering if I should try to pick up where I left off and then see it through to the end. :think:
-mf
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 am Hmmm... I gave up on this part way through Season 3, don't remember exactly why. Since they started advertising S4 I've been pondering if I should try to pick up where I left off and then see it through to the end. :think:
That's exactly what happened to me. I was really into the show but somehow I lost the love in Season 3. Is it worth going back to watch it or to try to jump right into S4? Or just skip it altogether?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

There are some pretty important plot points in the last season, so no, I don't think starting S4 after skipping S3 would make sense. Hopefully binging the episodes in S3 works out better for you - I thought it was a solid season and enjoyed the back-to-back episodes last night.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Well, The End.
I'm glad they wrapped it up before it got really bad like other shows <ahem FTWD>. I didn't think the story this season was that greatly written, but I enjoyed the ending. I think each season got a little worse after that great 1st season, so it was a good time for it to end. And could they have not gotten another actress to play
Spoiler:
Tulips daughter. I mean come on. Identical in looks and voice.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As I said at the beginning of this crazy ride, I have no connection to the source material. I enjoyed it all, and maybe the two are related. I liked the post-script ending, actually made me feel a little sorry for the one character. Regardless, I liked it all and I'm happy they did it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I want a spin-off based entirely around Starr’s hair. That last shot of his mane as he ran was magnificent.

Overall it was a nice ending, even though it did veer off course this last season. And while it didn’t quite live up to the source material, it did things I never thought they’d do on broadcast television. I’ll miss Preacher, that’s for sure.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm 5-6 episodes behind. Not loving this season -- I actually think it's gone slowly downhill since the first -- but I do want to see how it ends.