Movie Trailers thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Max Peck

Re: Movie Trailers thread

Post by Max Peck »

The new trailer for Spectre is out.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Trumbo

(2015) - Bryan Cranston, Diane Lane, Helen Mirren Biopic HD
The successful career of Hollywood screenwriter, Dalton Trumbo, comes to an end when he is blacklisted in the 1940s for being a Communist.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

The Lobster
"The Lobster, which impressed critics at this year’s Cannes film festival, stars Colin Farrell as a man living in a dystopian future that requires all single people to find love or risk being turned into wild animals. The offbeat dating satire also stars Rachel Weisz and John C Reilly and comes from Dogtooth director Yorgos Lanthimos."
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

The Gamechangers. The making of GTA 3, with Harry Potter Daniel Radcliffe as the president of Rockstar Games and Bill Paxton as Jack Thompson.

Not of interest to me, but the story at the link includes a fun overview of "GTA/Harry Potter crossover fanfic."
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The one thing that always amazed me about GTA3 is that we went from the "Hot Coffee" controversy in 2004 to open sex scenes and gratuitous N-word profanity in GTAV in 2013. The times they are a-changing'.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Bastille Day
Because Idris Elba.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Pee-Wee Herman's new movie, debuting on Netflix next month.

Cautiously optimistic.... though his voice seems off. A little too deep. Still, welcome back Pee-Wee Herman!

Insane to think that Paul Ruebens is 63 but Pee-Wee has barely aged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Captain Caveman wrote:Pee-Wee Herman's new movie, debuting on Netflix next month.

Cautiously optimistic.... though his voice seems off. A little too deep.
Well, he did go through a very public puberty.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Moliere wrote:Bastille Day
Because Idris Elba.
I like what I see. I'm a fan if Idris. It's nice to see him getting top billing.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hahaha "still there" "moneys gone"
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman wrote:Pee-Wee Herman's new movie, debuting on Netflix next month.

Cautiously optimistic.... though his voice seems off. A little too deep. Still, welcome back Pee-Wee Herman!

Insane to think that Paul Ruebens is 63 but Pee-Wee has barely aged.
Watched this with my son. It's good! At 63, Paul Rubens can no longer hit all of the same spastic Pee-wee movements, and his voice is a bit deeper, but the movie itself is a pretty nice return to the absurdist humor (and plot) of the original movie. Recommended for all you Pee-wee fans!

I pity the fool who doesn't like this movie.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, was pretty impressed. I know it's likely because of botox, but he looks like he hasn't aged a bit. Quite a fun movie.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Captain Caveman

Rumpy wrote:Yeah, was pretty impressed. I know it's likely because of botox, but he looks like he hasn't aged a bit. Quite a fun movie.
I read in a New York Times profile of Paul Rubens a few weeks ago that his face was digitally "enhanced" frame by frame to make him appear younger.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Wow, really? Kind of neat and freaky at the same time, but it works. It makes it fit in well with the rest of the movies.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Captain Caveman

Yeah, I wouldn't have known it from watching the movie. From the article:

"As Lee and Buchanan examined ‘‘Holiday’’ footage, a skin-colored strip of fabric was visible on the back of Reubens’s neck; it was something like a tiny girdle, tugging excess flesh back from his sexagenarian jawline. This would eventually vanish in postproduction, thanks to digital retouchers whom Reubens had hired to pore over the film frame by frame. ‘‘I feel I’m too old to be in a Pee-wee Herman movie without that,’’ he explained. ‘‘Pee-wee doesn’t work, to me, with age mixed into it. So I knew I wanted digital retouching, and that was my biggest concern from the get-go, with Judd, when it came to budgeting, because it costs a fortune. I could have had a face-lift and we would have saved two million dollars.’’

link
Holman

Post by Holman »

Captain Caveman wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't have known it from watching the movie. From the article:

"As Lee and Buchanan examined ‘‘Holiday’’ footage, a skin-colored strip of fabric was visible on the back of Reubens’s neck; it was something like a tiny girdle, tugging excess flesh back from his sexagenarian jawline. This would eventually vanish in postproduction, thanks to digital retouchers whom Reubens had hired to pore over the film frame by frame. ‘‘I feel I’m too old to be in a Pee-wee Herman movie without that,’’ he explained. ‘‘Pee-wee doesn’t work, to me, with age mixed into it. So I knew I wanted digital retouching, and that was my biggest concern from the get-go, with Judd, when it came to budgeting, because it costs a fortune. I could have had a face-lift and we would have saved two million dollars.’’

link
I think they did that for Ian Holm in his brief flashback moments as young Bilbo in LOTR.
Holman

Post by Holman »

And of course Pee-Wee Herman was already skirting the edge of the Uncanny Valley anyway...
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

It must be nice to be worth 110M so you can make crazy weird movies.

Swiss Army Man
Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Moliere wrote:Swiss Army Man
Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano
Weekend at Bernies 3: Hogwarts or Bust
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Green Room

Patrick Stewart...
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I Saw the Light

Its already out and I missed it somehow. Rotten Tomatoes pretty much hates it. The trailer looks good to us though .

Tom Hiddleston plays Hank Williams.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote:I Saw the Light

Its already out and I missed it somehow. Rotten Tomatoes pretty much hates it. The trailer looks good to us though .

Tom Hiddleston plays Hank Williams.
Oh, wow. I'll have to see this unless it's terrible.

My dad's aunt worked in the booking office at the Grand Ole Opry, and she knew Hank Williams. Dad has a memory at meeting him at a birthday party.
Captain Caveman

Stranger Things.

A Netflix original movie that looks all sorts of awesome. A total throwback to 80's supernatural movies.... it's got a very ET vibe to it.

Edit: oops, this is apparently a series, not a movie.
Last edited by Captain Caveman on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That does look good. I loves me some throwback horror. I would suggest pairing it with The Hole and a nice red wine.
Covfefe!
Captain Caveman

hepcat wrote:That does look good. I loves me some throwback horror. I would suggest pairing it with The Hole and a nice red wine.
Wait, I think it's a series, not a movie! Time to move my post to the Netfilx thread...
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Moliere wrote:Sharknado 3!
The sequel to the sequel of the sequel: Sharknado 4 - The 4th Awakens
:lol:
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I...

Wha...

How...

Why?????

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Should have called it Sharknado 5. Then everyone could say it jumped the shark :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

TheMix wrote:I...

Wha...

How...

Why?????
Ratings. They might be down compared to S2, but they are up compared to S1.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Bad Motherfucking Santa 2
A sequel to my favorite Christmas movie. :dance:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Jaws gets a spinoff movie: USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Catfight. Pretty much what the title says, but somehow actually looks kinda good. Seeing Alicia Silverstone playing a mature adult makes me feel old.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

In Dubious Battle

"In the California apple country, nine hundred migratory workers rise up "in dubious battle" against the landowners. The group takes on a life of its own—stronger than its individual members and more frightening. Led by the doomed Jim Nolan, the strike is founded on his tragic idealism—on the "courage never to submit or yield." Published in 1936, In Dubious Battle is considered the first major work of Pulitzer Prize-winning author John Steinbeck."

Starring: James Franco, Nat Wolff, Selena Gomez, Bryan Cranston, and Vincent D'Onofrio (but not Seth Rogan or Jonah Hill).
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

James Franco you say? I was wondering what happened to him. He's been all but gone from Hollywood the last 32 minutes.
Covfefe!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

hepcat wrote:James Franco you say? I was wondering what happened to him. He's been all but gone from Hollywood the last 32 minutes.
He was busy getting another Masters degree and publishing a novel. Tomorrow he's getting his black belt in jiu-jitsu.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Fantastic novel! Steinbeck is the great American writer, IMO. I hope they manage to keep his style of story telling. History has been kind to movie adaptations of his novels and that is not always the case. Cannery Row is probably my favorite.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I was a teen back then, but already a movie fan and had read some Steinbeck, when the Cannery Row movie debacle happened. As I recall, Raquel Welch was going to star in it AND have a topless scene, but there was some kind of turmoil and she dropped out. I remember this because my mom, who was old school in morals and never discussed anything sexual in movies, shook her head and said "That movie would have been a big hit" when they talked about it on the entertainment part of the news. I thought wow, if even my mom thinks the filmmakers screwed up not having a topless Raquel Welch in the movie, they really screwed up.