McDonald's

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: McDonald's

Post by ImLawBoy »

The commercials show them cracking eggs into ring molds, and the implication is that they're doing it at point of purchase. I've never verified, as my fast food employment was at the much classier Portillo's.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK, so apparently only the egg-mcmuffin gets a 'real egg', but you can ask them to do that on the biscuit sandwiches as well (special, but no charge).

I'll need to test that. I imagine you could ask them to try and keep the yolk runny.
Carpet_pissr

McDonald's

Post by Carpet_pissr »

You can also ask them to actually scramble the egg if you're opposed to getting your egg smashed into the form of a sausage patty. Much, much better that way IMO.

I also question my presence in this thread, not to mention posting here. I haven't eaten McDonald's in years and have no desire to do so in the future.

That scrambled egg mcmuffin tip came to me via a coworker 20 years ago, so no idea if it's still possible or not.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Amazingly, the McMuffins do use cracked fresh eggs, and no, they wouldn't want to serve them runny - absolutely against chain policy and protocol. I'm sure if you went back and indicated you were served a runny McMuffin, you'd be offered a refund, not an opportunity to do it again. :D

Edit: dammit, you people are fast.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

pr0ner wrote:As I also posted in the Random Randomness thread:
Which is what reminded me that I'd heard a news article about the multi-Mac rollout.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I love chicken McNuggets. A 10 piece and medium fry takes me to my happy place.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

stessier wrote:I love chicken McNuggets. A 10 piece and medium fry takes me to my happy place.
I've also found it relaxing to have a long session playing iPhone games on the toilet.
morlac

Post by morlac »

wonderpug wrote:
stessier wrote:I love chicken McNuggets. A 10 piece and medium fry takes me to my happy place.
I've also found it relaxing to have a long session playing iPhone games on the toilet.

Yes of course, who hasn't? Now, have you done that while enjoying a ten piece McDonald's Chicken McNugget and fries? It takes some hand dexterity and practice(dipping, swipping, wiping!) to juggle all that but with practice it can take you from your Happy Place to Nirvana!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote:Amazingly, the McMuffins do use cracked fresh eggs, and no, they wouldn't want to serve them runny - absolutely against chain policy and protocol. I'm sure if you went back and indicated you were served a runny McMuffin, you'd be offered a refund, not an opportunity to do it again. :D

Edit: dammit, you people are fast.
Yeah, I wasn't about to tell that McDonald's I got a runny McMuffin!

Shame it will probably never happen again.
Hodor.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

We were once given a Bacon-N'Egger (A&W breakfast sandwich that may be a Canadian exclusive?) with fried onions on it, which are non-standard. It seems to have been a mix-up with the food order of a staff member coming off shift, and I'm not sure if it's something they'd prepare on request for a customer. Tasty though.

Always put the hashbrown patty in the sandwich.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If I search for A&W breakfast, the first two results are Canadian.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

silverjon wrote:Bacon-N'Egger
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

silverjon wrote:Always put the hashbrown patty in the sandwich.
Normally I would say "'nope', the hashbrown and sandwich are better enjoyed separately", though some errant egg yolk can really improve a hashbrown, but then I tried one of those sloppy breakfast burgers with the yolky egg and shoe string hashbrowns as burger toppings, and it was... awesome.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Moliere wrote:
silverjon wrote:Bacon-N'Egger
I searched before posting to make sure I had the correct spelling of the product name and some of the top hits were Reddit discussions of the name being poorly thought out.

I'd never thought of it that way. Canada's problems with racism tend to be more directed towards our aboriginal people.

But to be sort-of on topic, my favorite fast food burger is still the Flamethrower from Dairy Queen, except I really have to remember to order a single, as the default 1/2 pound is way too much. DQ has not followed the herd in downsizing menu portions.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Tim Hortons already does this by having their counterpart called the Farmer's Breakfast Sandwhich/wrap. A hashbrown with a hint of maple syrup accompanying the egg and cheese.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I don't like the new McDonalds with self service ordering kiosks Sam I am. How will a new generation learn to interact half way politely with anyone? It does seem to make it very hard to get their attention if you absolutely don't want to use that discombobulated little machine interface that's trying to do everything it can to prevent you from ordering off the dollar menu.

On the plus side I can't wait to order chicken wings at a Thai McDonalds next month, yum! Going to Thailand and wanted McDonalds. LOL
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Oh, I hate those self-serve machines. They take up a lot of space and just end up confusing things. I remember this summer when I first saw them, I think it was in NY State, they were already repairing one of them because it had crashed. Looking at them, I wasn't very impressed.

Honestly, I feel McDonald's has horrible service. They seem to be so uptight in their rules of efficiency that ironically, the last few times I've been in the last few years, orders have always been backed up and very inefficient. Once waited about 15 min for an order while seeing others who had ordered after we came in get their orders. Feel like there could be a lot of improvement there.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Rumpy wrote: Feel like there could be a lot of improvement there.
Blame the ever-expanding menu:
In recent years, McDonald's has been relentless in efforts to attract new customers—younger ones especially—and they've been adding menu items and customization options left and right in pursuit of that goal. It's hard to determine the degree to which these efforts have been successful. What is clear, however, is that the menu has expanded to the point that it's slowed down operations and arguably hurt profits. McDonald's acknowledged as much last month when the fast food giant announced it would be removing some items from the menu in 2015.

The fact that the menu has become unwieldy is not news to McDonald's restaurant owners and managers. They've been complaining for years that, among other issues, there are too many seasonal items and too many dollar menu options for restaurants to keep business humming along. These are supposed to be "fast" food operations, remember, and drive-thru wait times have consistently gotten slower in recent years.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Oh, definitely agreed. In fact, I think we talked about that earlier in the thread. I think too many products cause confusion, not only on the consumer's part, but on the on the employee's too. I feel that if employees have to ask you what you want when you clearly say what you want, that's more of a menu problem. And that's not a problem solely directed at McDonalds, because I do experience it at Timmies too. Too much product saturation via incremental variations of certain products. Like for example, at Timmies they have a Cafe Mocha, and a Mocha Supreme. The average person is not really going to know the difference. And the difference between the two is that one is made with their regular coffee, and the Supreme is made with an espresso base and is more expensive. The difference is really negligible. More than a few times, I've gone to order and very directly tell them what I want. Which is then followed up by a question, "Did you mean such and such?" And this is only made worse by the fact that most of these employees are short-term hires, who often have no idea of a particular product or haven't familiarized themselves with the menu. And then mistakes ensue due to minute differences.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

McDonalds have a double cheeseburger and a McDouble. The difference? 1 slice of cheese. The McDouble only has 1 slice. Years ago it was on the dollar menu and the other wasn't . That was hell trying to remember which was which and the employees got it wrong all the time too .Hell I still dont remember without looking it up.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Rumpy wrote: Honestly, I feel McDonald's has horrible service.
Last month, I decided to stop on the way to work for a breakfast sandwich. It was -10F at 5:15 am. I sat at the speaker for 10 minutes, window open, freezing my ass off before finally going inside. I told the counter chimp that if their drive through was closed, they should post a sign since I was out there for 10 minutes and it's fucking cold. His response was "huh."

The delay resulted in me being in rush hour traffic rather than ahead of it. I was 20 minutes late. :x
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think we have a new slogan!

McDonald's - food and service so horrible JeffV will make sure he is late getting places so he can eat it!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

A good reason for hating both rush hour traffic and McD's, Jeff! :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Enlarge Image
Do the new McDonald's uniforms look familiar?
Spoiler:
Logan's Run
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Moliere wrote:Enlarge Image
Do the new McDonald's uniforms look familiar?
Spoiler:
Logan's Run
They also look like they work in a fast food joint in one of the Hunger Games districts or some other dystopia.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

My family was just in Orlando recently and went here:
http://attractionsmagazine.com/worlds-l ... nal-drive/

My wife and I were there a few years ago during construction..
That place is awesome!
This was the first time my son was with us there (along with his fiance and her sister)
They have custom pizza orders, sandwiches and made to order pasta.
The pasta is actually very good! We love that place.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Jeff V wrote:
Last month, I decided to stop on the way to work for a breakfast sandwich. It was -10F at 5:15 am. I sat at the speaker for 10 minutes, window open, freezing my ass off before finally going inside. I told the counter chimp that if their drive through was closed, they should post a sign since I was out there for 10 minutes and it's fucking cold. His response was "huh."

The delay resulted in me being in rush hour traffic rather than ahead of it. I was 20 minutes late. :x
You know you can roll your window up, right?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kelric wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

And not hear when they finally come to take my order?
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Kelric wrote:
Jeff V wrote:

Or, even better, actually go inside immediately? That's faster a lot of the time.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I stopped at Chick-Fil-A this morning for breakfast. I made a note of the plate of the last guy in line when I went inside. He was at the speaker when I walked out with my food.

Having kids in the car, however, is a viable excuse for the drive-through, especially if there are multiples.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The BTK killer has ruined any abbreviation for Burger King for me.
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:04 pm The BTK killer has ruined any abbreviation for Burger King for me.
And yet every time someone asks for a Diet Pepsi using abbreviation hep's all like "That's what I'm talkin about!"
MHS

Post by MHS »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:04 pm The BTK killer has ruined any abbreviation for Burger King for me.
Having the BK Virus become active after my kidney transplant is what ruined it for me.
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:07 pm
And yet every time someone asks for a Diet Pepsi using abbreviation hep's all like "That's what I'm talkin about!"
Ouch
MHS wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:08 pm
Having the BK Virus become active after my kidney transplant is what ruined it for me.
Ouch (for a different, more serious reason)
He won. Period.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

There are times when I think I'd rather be served by Logan's Run sandmen, they'd be able to expedite my order faster and more efficient than the current batch of moron's that run my local McD's.

I've had the "wait at the speaker for longer than 5 minutes and no one was in the other lane" happen to me several times at my local McD's. Makes me so mad that I drive off.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm just waiting for the critical mass of mobile device and kiosk ordering.

Of course, I ended up with my cheese melted to the box on my last custom order, as they apparently interpreted my order to somehow have no bottom bun.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm I'm just waiting for the critical mass of mobile device and kiosk ordering.

have fun...
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/29/mcdonal ... feces.html
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

naednek wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:07 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm I'm just waiting for the critical mass of mobile device and kiosk ordering.

have fun...
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/29/mcdonal ... feces.html
Smoove, get out of naednek's account.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Everything on earth that people touch contains traces of feces. People are disgusting... also, wash your hands.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter