Wonderpug's Abandoned Posts Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Wonderpug's Abandoned Posts Thread

Post by Isgrimnur »

See here
I've oft thought it would be fun to have an "abandoned posts" thread where we copy and paste as-is things we almost posted in other threads.
And... go!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Re: Wonderpug's Abandoned Posts Thread

Post by Blackhawk »

Hell, no. If I back out of a post, it is usually because I've realized I don't know as much as I think I do, or I've re-read it and realize that I'd sound like an asshole.

(Note: I almost posted this in the thread above, but decided not to, making it both on topic and on topic.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Baby animals are fucking bullshit and I'm finally quitting OO for good!! Sayonara, assholes!!

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

FUT Coins fifa14coinsokThese cover alive rain, which obscures visibility; it aswell makes city-limits anchorage nice and slippery, as able-bodied as dust anchorage muddy. As artisan Paul Coleman explained, the complete array in alive Dirt 's courses will arise from the aggregate of acclimate and alley conditions, forth with Dirt 's tighter handling, which models a hardly lower centermost of force for its cars.

We able how the hardly acclimatized physics achieve a complete aberration in the bold as we played through the Sweden beforehand and then, again, on the Kenya run. While Sweden was a about simple beforehand with a wider-than-normal road, the Kenyan Safari Assemblage took abode on an appropriately attenuated alley that alternated amid absurd pavement and full-on dust bowls.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Brilliant insight tempered by humility

No. You people aren't worthy. Yet.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Widen the net. Stuff you almost posted somewhere else. We can try to guess the context.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Enlarge Image
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

So, will any bars have the debate on tomorrow where we can watch with sound?

This thread is probably not a good idea. I should probably ignore it. If Izzy thinks I need rebooting already, I rather doubt he'd want to see the constant things I end up thinking and not posting, especially if I when my thunk goes chaotic.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

On the contrary, I think it would be very educational for future generations.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

If I participate in this thread you're going to get a heapin' dose of R&P, since that's where I usually bail after realizing that I'm pontificating on something I don't know anything about while offending multiple groups in the process.

Post by Default »

dbt1949 wrote:Enlarge Image
Why aren't those posts padded? Don't you realize how unsafe that is???
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Holman

Post by Holman »

If we start replying to things posted in this thread, doesn't it become another Random Randomness?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Car
RMC

Post by RMC »

LordMortis wrote:So, will any bars have the debate on tomorrow where we can watch with sound?

This thread is probably not a good idea. I should probably ignore it. If Izzy thinks I need rebooting already, I rather doubt he'd want to see the constant things I end up thinking and not posting, especially if I when my thunk goes chaotic.
Actually yes... But it's Ohio, what else do we do: Bar to watch debate at
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote:If we start replying to things posted in this thread, doesn't it become another Random Randomness?
It should be more of an 'out of context' thread, but from a high enough level, it would be tough to tell the difference. Honestly, I don't expect this one to have legs.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Holman wrote:If we start replying to things posted in this thread, doesn't it become another Random Randomness?
It should be more of an 'out of context' thread, but from a high enough level, it would be tough to tell the difference. Honestly, I don't expect this one to have legs.
Table Legs, Frog Legs, ugh.. Bad joke made about a line from an okay movie..
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

The guitars not being compatible I mean, ok, it's
but the Ion kit is already so modular by design. Make me buy a new central doohickey if you really have to but don't tell me you
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Just came across this autosaved draft post from another forum. It was Hearthstone related, but even I don't know what I was going to say.
It was already said earlier in the thread, but I really can't believe
naednek

Post by naednek »

yes, but we like to have duplicate threads, or threads mocking other threads. It's OO tradition.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Anyone know where I can buy some baby parts?
Spoiler:
Abandoned attempts at humor.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven 

What I wanted to post in the last OOWW game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Enlarge Image
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
tgb

Post by tgb »

Art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And East is East and West is West and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

Now you tell me what you know.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Not an abandoned post but an abandoned email.

We will handle updates. We've talked about this before. There is a process for updates. Part of that process includes making a backup of the server and database in case everything goes to hell. Updates and plugins are to be done by IT only. Not marketing. When you run updates outside of that process you risk messing everything up. We'll update WP and install plugins. Please stop fucking shit up and making more work for us at a time when we already have too much work and half the team is out on vacation.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

"Uncle Cracker? Seriously?"
RMC

Post by RMC »

EvilHomer3k wrote:Not an abandoned post but an abandoned email.

We will handle updates. We've talked about this before. There is a process for updates. Part of that process includes making a backup of the server and database in case everything goes to hell. Updates and plugins are to be done by IT only. Not marketing. When you run updates outside of that process you risk messing everything up. We'll update WP and install plugins. Please stop fucking shit up and making more work for us at a time when we already have too much work and half the team is out on vacation.
I have that same email written and not sent.... ;)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

We apparently have a "Mad Shitter" here

That's it. I backed out and decided not to post more.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

DAMN YOU IZZY!!!!
LawBeefaroni wrote:
hepcat wrote:I guess I don't understand why folks are arguing over this. Interns have always been, as far as I know, students or such who enter the job market not as a traditional employee, but as a person trying to gain either college credit or job experience in a particular profession. They were either paid nothing, or very little. I thought that was pretty much the widely held view. :?
Apparently it's been determined that the thing keeping the 99% down is unpaid/underpaid internships.
It's has been batted around and accepted by the kind of people that generally support Sanders that it is a thing that helps business thrive at the expense of the worker and works against having fully employed workforce that primarily works as a barrier against people joining the workforce.

And I get to the the end of thread and naturally BAM

Isgrimnur wrote:It was a complaint, not the principle one. And I can certainly understand the idea that making a big deal out of his intern's pay versus what he is stumping for is a distraction at best. As it's been said, he's better than the majority of his colleagues. The DOL should absolutely be investigating and handling intern abuses. It is their job, after all. But trying to turn it into a red meat issue is poushing things just a bit.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LordMortis wrote:DAMN YOU IZZY!!!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I've been fooling you bastards all of these years!!!! I am U2K, back in action!! I will convince you all that depression isn't real, and the Sega Dreamcast is the bestest console ever!!!
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

During Bernie's anti-Fed speech he invited Greenspan to VT to meet "real Americans". I was hoping a median income comparison would prove him wrong. Unfortunately the data didn't match my anti-Bernie bias so I couldn't post this:

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I need to remember this thread for that purpose. Let's just say it is not completely impossible for me to start a post, get my Izzy on with sources, go to post the facts, and then realize I a completely offbase. For instance, in the Hillary thread I was going to post about her temper and the lamp she threw.

I had a whole post about it in response to her past and shit that never seemed to stick.

I went to find the old news sources... It was reported as actual news in the early 90s not just right wing tripe.

And then I ended here

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/lamp.asp

and closed the window when I should have moved my post here, where in I would hijack this thread to mean "LordMortis eats crow but pre emptively keeps anyone else from seeing his meal."
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Being a peanut farmer?
Black Lives Matter.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Alternately, when the apocalypse comes and all visual records are lost, the story of his pants will be passed on from generation to generation and eventually the tale will tell he
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

wonderpug wrote:Alternately, when the apocalypse comes and all visual records are lost, the story of his pants will be passed on from generation to generation and eventually the tale will tell he
MCHammer!

I almost deleted this post, so I suppose it belongs here.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I'm more Jeff V than Jeff V, because I HATE Xmas.
I know this is
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Government coffee keeps Maxwell House in business.