Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by EvilHomer3k »

hepcat wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:58 pm Idiots
Spoiler:
you don’t put a great character actor like Dillahunt on your show, and then kill him before the halfway mark. :x
Spoiler:
I wish they'd make the show about him and Morgan. Their screen time has been the best part of the show. It is far better than anything the show has had up to this point.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
tgb

Post by tgb »

Spoiler:
you don’t put a great character actor like Dillahunt on your show, and then kill him before the halfway mark. :x
No, you don't, which is why I think this will turn out to be another Glenn-style stunt.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

tgb wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:45 pm
Spoiler:
No, you don't, which is why I think this will turn out to be another Glenn-style stunt.
Without a doubt.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:25 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I wish they'd make the show about him and Morgan. Their screen time has been the best part of the show. It is far better than anything the show has had up to this point.
I'm with you. They turn this into a western, which is exactly the show I want even though I didn't know it.
He won. Period.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

They spent seven and 5/6th episodes setting up the mid season finale and wrap it up in ten minutes with the most boring zombie tale ever told. In the process they make me hate every character from the first season more than Carl and Lori combined. Good work AMC.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:16 am They spent seven and 5/6th episodes setting up the mid season finale and wrap it up in ten minutes with the most boring zombie tale ever told. In the process they make me hate every character from the first season more than Carl and Lori combined. Good work AMC.
I agree. This season had so much potential and after season 3 I was finally liking the characters. Then the last two episodes hit and it's like they threw it all out the window. They presumably kill the main character and Nick and then they turn Alisha into a bad guy. Why not just kill the entire cast and start over? I like the idea of Morgan and John traveling the open road a heck of a lot more than the old characters.
FTE
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scraper wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 am
EvilHomer3k wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:16 am They spent seven and 5/6th episodes setting up the mid season finale and wrap it up in ten minutes with the most boring zombie tale ever told. In the process they make me hate every character from the first season more than Carl and Lori combined. Good work AMC.
I agree. This season had so much potential and after season 3 I was finally liking the characters. Then the last two episodes hit and it's like they threw it all out the window. They presumably kill the main character and Nick and then they turn Alisha into a bad guy. Why not just kill the entire cast and start over? I like the idea of Morgan and John traveling the open road a heck of a lot more than the old characters.
This is exactly what I said to my wife. I wish they'd kill off all the originals and go with Morgan, John and Jeanna Elfman character.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jeebus, that may have been the worst written episode in the history of the walking dead franchise.
Spoiler:
They need ethanol from a tanker. Tanker outside is full of it. Tanker gets shot up and begins leaking ethanol...BUT FOR SOME GODDAMN REASON THEY CAN’T PUT A GODDAMN BUCKET UNDER THE LEAKING TANKER? Or even just...you know...PUT THEIR GODDAMN MOUTHS UNDER THE LEAKING TANKER? But no, our heroes start crying about the ethanol being gone.
Just idiotic. :grund:
He won. Period.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

hepcat wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:10 pm Jeebus, that may have been the worst written episode in the history of the walking dead franchise.
Spoiler:
They need ethanol from a tanker. Tanker outside is full of it. Tanker gets shot up and begins leaking ethanol...BUT FOR SOME GODDAMN REASON THEY CAN’T PUT A GODDAMN BUCKET UNDER THE LEAKING TANKER? Or even just...you know...PUT THEIR GODDAMN MOUTHS UNDER THE LEAKING TANKER? But no, our heroes start crying about the ethanol being gone.
Just idiotic. :grund:
Yep, told my wife, "if I was dying, I'd lick the damn stuff off the ground."
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Even at a leisurely crawl, they would have had enough time to get buckets of the stuff. Plus, it would only drain to the levels of the holes. That’s kind of why they don’t put spigots at the top.

Sorry for the outburst. But this whole season has been one long masterclass on how NOT to write a show.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I agree. I wanted to like them following Morgan's do-good ethic instead of just kill kill kill, because that got tedious in TWD and FTWD needs to take a different direction. But by the third time they let that woman off the hook I was ready to kill kill kill. The last few episodes were just one stupid decision after another. It was a bad story arc that went on too long.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Season 1: Alright, let's see what you got!
Season 1 ends: Okay, well you need a little time to find your footing.
Season 2: Show me something!
Season 2 ends: Alright, if by episode three of season 3 I'm not feeling any better about this, I am gone.
Season 3 episode 3: Colour me intrigued, let's keep going.
Season 3 ends: That was a good season, glad I stuck with it.
Season 4 starts: Let's do this!
Season 4 ends: :grund:

Season 5: You got 3 episodes again... Don't fuck this up or I'm out.

Such a stupid season, such stupid decisions from the show runners. Just horrible.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I thought they may be working toward combining Fear & TWD which I think would have been good since they wouldn't have to come up with 2 story lines for the same situation in different locations....but alas they are starting their Prison home season except at a factory in FTWD.

Black Lives Matter
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Morgan is a mistake as a lead.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs