Jessica Jones

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Remus West

Jessica Jones

Post by Remus West »

Anyone planning on watching this. Its a Netflix only thing but looks very good. I loved Kristen Ritter in Breaking Bad and Don't Trust the B...... so I'm excited enough I may actually sign up for Netflix just to watch this show. :D

edit: wiki link
trailer link
Last edited by Remus West on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jaymann

Re: Jessica Jones

Post by Jaymann »

I saw this title and thought Jennifer Jones. I don't know who the hell she is either.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:Anyone planning on watching this. Its a Netflix only thing but looks very good. I loved Kristen Ritter in Breaking Bad and Don't Trust the B...... so I'm excited enough I may actually sign up for Netflix just to watch this show. :D
Yes. There are a lot of good shows on Netflix that make it worth the $8 a month or whatever it is a pay.

A more important question, which WW game are you voting for?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Never heard of her. Is she related to Jim Jones? Or Ed Too Tall Jones? Perhaps the daughter of Basketball Jones?
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Remus West wrote:Anyone planning on watching this. Its a Netflix only thing but looks very good. I loved Kristen Ritter in Breaking Bad and Don't Trust the B...... so I'm excited enough I may actually sign up for Netflix just to watch this show. :D
I don't understand much of anything before the ellipses but if even if the show sucks you'll have Netflix! You can't go wrong.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jeff V wrote:Never heard of her. Is she related to Jim Jones? Or Ed Too Tall Jones? Perhaps the daughter of Basketball Jones?
That trailer is so dark that I still don't know who she is. Who did she play in Breaking Bad?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kraken wrote:
Jeff V wrote:Never heard of her. Is she related to Jim Jones? Or Ed Too Tall Jones? Perhaps the daughter of Basketball Jones?
That trailer is so dark that I still don't know who she is. Who did she play in Breaking Bad?
I never saw Breaking Bad, the only one I know from that show is Malcom's dad.
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Kraken wrote:
She played Jesse's girlfriend.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Zaxxon wrote:
Kraken wrote:
That narrows it down. :wink:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The first one on that list.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I like the first trailer better. I'm looking forward to it, if it's as good as Daredevil I will be very happy.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Moliere wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:
Kraken wrote:
That narrows it down. :wink:
Jane
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Sorry, I should have said Jesse's sole real girlfriend.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Variety really likes the show:
Two mainstays of film noir are the tough-talking dame and the cynical private eye, and one of the pleasures of “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” is that it unites both types in one thorny and fascinating character. The show, which features an exceptional performance from Krysten Ritter and sure-handed guidance from executive producer Melissa Rosenberg, is not just a contender for the title Best Marvel-related TV Property; in a supremely crowded TV scene, it is one of the year’s most distinctive new dramas.
:pop:
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

EW's review was positive, but not exactly glowing.
All of this could’ve made for a gritty character drama if it weren’t for the noir clichés (saxophone music, shadows through glass) and a procedural structure that’s very CSI: Marvel. The show’s biggest weakness is the same as Jessica’s: It starts out with extraordinary potential, but somewhere along the way, it loses what make it special.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I'm guessing she was vomit girl.

Either way the show looks like utter nonsense.

Perfect for the dearth of lazy writers.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Rip wrote:I'm guessing she was vomit girl.

Either way the show looks like utter nonsense.

Perfect for the dearth of lazy writers.
Seriously? I love the idea that a super strong person forced via mind control to use their strength to commit something horrible would have mental and emotional issues afterward. I think there is promise for true depth to this series.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Forget it Remus, it's Riptown.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Take away the nudity and hardly anyone would watch it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Well...you and Jeff wouldn't.
He won. Period.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Rip wrote:Take away the nudity and hardly anyone would watch it.
I'm not getting all the hate for a show about which all you've seen is a trailer or two.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Speaking as someone who's actually watched more than 5 minutes of the show, Rip is incorrect. :tjg:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Grifman wrote:
Rip wrote:Take away the nudity and hardly anyone would watch it.
I'm not getting all the hate for a show about which all you've seen is a trailer or two.
We have only ourselves to blame. If we'd just done a Tom Sawyer and said how DISinterested we were in the show, he'd have started a thread praising it.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I tried to watch it. I last 15-20 minutes before I got distracted and never went back.

I am browsing the reviews from the press early release reviews. Still doesn't sound very good.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:I tried to watch it. I last 15-20 minutes before I got distracted and never went back.

I am browsing the reviews from the press early release reviews. Still doesn't sound very good.
:lol:

It's one of the best reviewed shows of the year.

...er...wait.

You're absolutely right. The show sucks.

<is he watching it now, guys?>
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Are you sure you weren't watching Jessie or Guess With Jess - both of which come up with you start to type "Jess" into the Netflix search box? Maybe one too many hits from Wesley Pipes and everything gets blurry? Too much Tim Tebowl and you're not thinking clearly?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Come on guys, obvious troll is obvious. Dont feed him and maybe he will fade back to R&P obscurity.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote:Are you sure you weren't watching Jessie or Guess With Jess - both of which come up with you start to type "Jess" into the Netflix search box? Maybe one too many hits from Wesley Pipes and everything gets blurry? Too much Tim Tebowl and you're not thinking clearly?
Had to look up "Wesley Pipes". Did so while at work. Thank God I'm the IT guy here.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Am I really the only one that doesn't care for the show?

:?

Oh well, I will add it to Blindspot and Good Wives as popular shows I can't stand.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote:Had to look up "Wesley Pipes". Did so while at work. Thank God I'm the IT guy here.
I was confused, figuring people would appreciate the 1998 Half Baked Jim Breuer reference. I did not realize the name of their bong was subsequently taken by an adult film star. :shock:

Next time I will use Billy Bong Thorton to avoid problems.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

For some reason, I really dislike Jim Breuer. So I've not seen Half Baked. I do see a movie called Hansel & Gretel Get Baked on Netflix though. Can I substitute that?
He won. Period.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wait. I don't have netflix so haven't watched but are you telling me Kristen Ritter gets naked?!!!!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Ralph wins the thread.
Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
He won. Period.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Episode nine. Wut.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Episode 2 done. Still rather slowly paced. Still interesting enough to continue, but at this very early point I'm not exactly dying to marathon the show or anything.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Damn, they sure chose well for Luke Cage. That guy nails the part. Can't wait to see his show. Although I'm still disappointed that they're apparently rethinking the plan to give Iron Fist his own series too.

I'm loving the show so far. I'm only a couple episodes in. I have to admit to bringing some prejudices to the show as I keep thinking of Ritter as that annoying actress from The B* in Apartment whatever. A bad sitcom can leave a sour taste in one's mouth. But she's doing a pretty good job so far. Hopefully she'll Cranston her way out of her sitcom background.

Speaking of Cranston, need to go see Trumbo this week!

...sorry, derail for a second there.
He won. Period.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

The smallest rugby players ever!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

We watched the first four today and found them to be enjoyable. Definitely slower than the average Marvel show, but the story and tone seemingly work.