[Film] Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Post by Isgrimnur »

Release Date: 27 January 2017

IMDB
Picking up immediately after the events in Resident Evil: Retribution, humanity is on its last legs... As the only survivor of what was meant to be humanity's final stand against the undead hordes, Alice must return to where the nightmare began - Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is gathering its forces for a final strike against the only remaining survivors of the apocalypse.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Re: [Film] Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Post by Isgrimnur »

Stunt woman seriously injured on-set:
Olivia Jackson, one of the stunt doubles on the forthcoming ‘Resident Evil’ movie, 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’, is to have her arm amputated after a motorbike stunt on-set went horribly wrong.

The 34-year-old South African-born stuntwoman, who also appeared in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens’, spent two weeks in a medically-induced coma after she hit a metal camera arm while filming in South Africa in September.
[detailed injuries -Isg]
Spoiler:
“2 weeks in a coma, brain bleed, brain swelling, severed main artery in the neck, crushed & degloved face, several broken ribs, paralyzed arm, shattered scapula, broken clavicle, broken humerus, broken radius & ulna, with an open wound and a 7.5 piece of bone missing, amputated thumb, torn fingers, 5 nerves torn out of the spinal cord…. not my funnest day on set,” she wrote in a Facebook post.
As well as 'Resident Evil’ and 'The Force Awakens’, she’s appeared in films like 'Guardians of the Galaxy’ and 'Mad Max: Fury Road’.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Yikes. That sucks.

As for the movie, I do not have high hopes. I might catch it on video.

I really liked the first one, but they went downhill after that. And the decline accelerated as they went along.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I like them all to one extant or another. I am glad there will be a final installment tho.
I wonder what Milla Jovovich is going to do for a living now..
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

The sixth element?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

dbt1949 wrote:I like them all to one extant or another. I am glad there will be a final installment tho.
Me too. I'm a sucker for the genre and loved the series. Netflix would probably call it "Over the top b-action-movies with a strong female lead."
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
DD*

Post by DD* »

These films are a guilty pleasure of mine.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

dbt1949 wrote:I like them all to one extant or another. I am glad there will be a final installment tho.
I wonder what Milla Jovovich is going to do for a living now..
Resident Care Evil?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

More bad news
In more terrible news from ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’, it’s reported that a crew-member died after being crushed in a horrific on-set accident.

According to South African website IOL, 34-year-old Ricardo Cornelius was badly injured when a US Army issue Hummer fell on top of him on the film’s set in Cape Town.

He died in hospital on December 3.
One wonders why these reports are taking so long to come out.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

What happens in Cape Town, stays in Cape Town.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Trailer.

If I'm being honest, I kind of want to see this.
DD*

Post by DD* »

I just noticed that it is being released on my birthday (and Mozarts as well). Therefore, it has to be good!)

The trailer had a very "greatest hits" vibe to it, like they had to fit in every character and monster from the series. Not sure that is a recipe for success, thought the scale for a flick like this is really how much butter do you put on the popcorn ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

TheMix wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:11 pm As for the movie, I do not have high hopes. I might catch it on video.

I really liked the first one, but they went downhill after that. And the decline accelerated as they went along.
This is how I felt. I thought the first one was fun, although I didn't have any particular affection for (or experience with) the video game and thus nothing tying me to the movie.

After that, I think I watched the next one and maybe part of the 3rd, but that was enough of that.

Recently Final Chapter was available on demand and with nothing else grabbing my attention, I watched it. I thought it was pretty good. Certainly better than 2 or 3. there were a couple of moments of "give me a break" with the plot or a couple of action sequences, but otherwise it was fine.

If you've made it this far in the series without flinching, chances are you're going to enjoy this one more than most.

It was good enough that now I want to go back and give the rest of the series another shot.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Thanks for the update. I forgot all about this movie.

And it would be a stretch to say that I made it through all the others without flinching. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

They did a pretty good job of bringing the series full circle, with ties to the first movie.

Despite being the final chapter, they left it wide open for more movies, which annoyed me somewhat.

I don't feel that's a spoiler.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Right. I rented it recently and it didn't really seem all that... final. :think:
-mf
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

HR
The producers of the latest Resident Evil installment, The Final Chapter, are facing a graphic lawsuit from a stunt performer who suffered "horrific" injuries as the result of an on-set motorcycle crash.

Olivia Jackson, who performed stunts for Milla Jovovich's character Alice, says the September 2015 crash was the result of producers "elevating financial considerations over safety."

In the complaint, she says she was slated to shoot a fight scene and at the last minute she was asked to perform a "dangerous and technically complex motorcycle scene in adverse weather" that involved speeding toward the camera, which was supposed to be lifted by a crane before she reached it.

Jackson says the crane operator didn't lift it in time and she collided with the camera which resulted in it "slicing through the bone of her forearm and tearing the flesh off her cheek, leaving her teeth exposed." She also suffered other "catastrophic" injuries, her left arm had to be amputated and she was put into a medically-induced coma, according to the complaint.

She says producers had misled her into believing that their insurance would cover any injuries sustained during filming and resulting losses, but it only paid out $33,000 and she later learned there was no liability coverage for her claim.

"Had such facts been known to Plaintiff, she never would have agreed to perform The Final Chapter, or alternatively, would have secured additional insurance on her own," states the complaint, which is posted below. "She had already secured the role of stunt double for a leading cast member in Wonder Woman, and didn't need the work."

Now, Jackson says she'll never be able to work in her chosen profession again, according to her complaint. She claims that The Final Chapter grossed more than $300 million and the Resident Evil franchise has topped $1.2 billion, but says the company skimps on safety. Jackson also notes that crew member Ricardo Cornelius was killed during filming on the same movie, and 16 background actors were injured in a previous installment.

Jackson claims while she was in the coma her husband was assured the producers would pay for her medical care and rehabilitation, but they've since withdrawn the offer.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

$33,000 for losing an arm, half your cheek, and your entire career seems like a fair price for a film that grossed $300,000,000... right?

Jeebus. I hope she gets enough to be set for life, and it teaches someone - somewhere - a lesson. I doubt it will, though.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.