[SyFy] The Magicians

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Hrothgar

Re: [SyFy] The Magicians

Post by Hrothgar »

I'm glad they got one last musical episode in. Series finale airs Wednesday. Assuming they follow through on where the season has been leading, it should be an appropriate finish.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Hrothgar wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:33 pm I'm glad they got one last musical episode in. Series finale airs Wednesday. Assuming they follow through on where the season has been leading, it should be an appropriate finish.
Yeah it looks like they are going to adapt the plot of the last book.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jag wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:27 am
Hrothgar wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:33 pm I'm glad they got one last musical episode in. Series finale airs Wednesday. Assuming they follow through on where the season has been leading, it should be an appropriate finish.
If you have watched the whole series are the books still worth reading?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:16 am
I feel like there should be a 'Betteridge's Law'-type named rule for this question.

The answer is yes. In all cases where this question is asked, the answer is yes.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Zaxxon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:20 am
I feel like there should be a 'Betteridge's Law'-type named rule for this question.

The answer is yes. In all cases where this question is asked, the answer is yes.
What about Battlefield Earth?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Exception that proves the rule?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:58 am
Zaxxon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:20 am

What about Battlefield Earth?
12 year old me says yes. Current me does not agree. Kids - what are you gonna do?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:58 am What about Battlefield Earth?
I liked the book. Cramming a 1000 page book into a 2 hour movie, not so good. Had someone been thinking right, a 10 part miniseries would have been about right.

As to The Magicians, I did not like the first book well enough to read any others. I found all of the characters to be unlikable.
Last edited by Jeff V on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Finished the musical episode. I’m gonna miss this show but I think they’ll do a great job with the last episode. :cry:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Very satisfying finale. It tied up most of the loose ends, but left a few threads dangling if they ever get the green light for a movie, miniseries or limited series. There were plenty of good jokes and callbacks. I'll miss the show. It had an excellent run where they never stopped taking chances.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So I guess Fogg will be permanently tethered to that cat. Showers should be interesting.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
disarm

Post by disarm »

While I think they did the best they could with virtually no time to tie up, it's really a shame that Syfy chose to end an otherwise brilliant show this way. It was one of the most creative shows I've seen in a while and deserved better.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

disarm wrote:While I think they did the best they could with virtually no time to tie up, it's really a shame that Syfy chose to end an otherwise brilliant show this way. It was one of the most creative shows I've seen in a while and deserved better.
The cast did great with what they had to work with but it should have been a 2 hr finale due to all the plot points in the air.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?