[TV] Lucifer

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: [TV] Lucifer

Post by hepcat »

This show continues to amuse me the heck out of me. Well, more appropriately, Ellis still amuses the heck out of me as Lucifer. Episode two tanning salon scene made me giggle.
He won. Period.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Loved the first season, not watching season 2 till all the episodes are available
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

When pressed on the issue of just who exactly is in Hell, he does name some names:
Spoiler:
"Caligula, Mussolini, Trump. Well Trump's still alive but he's definitely on his way."
Made me :lol:
-mf
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, this last episode was quite enjoyable. That whole exchange and the one that took place at the yoga center with the lab tech on her knees was classic. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

And... we're done until February. :(

Not quite sure where we're going with Chloe being the key but I'm enjoying the ride!
-mf
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Smoove_B wrote:Yeah, this last episode was quite enjoyable. That whole exchange and the one that took place at the yoga center with the lab tech on her knees was classic. :D
Indeed. His amusement seemed so genuine that I wondered if it was an impromptu thing she did.
MonkeyFinger wrote:Not quite sure where we're going with Chloe being the key but I'm enjoying the ride!
Throughout the entire show, she's been his weakness and has been immune to his 'charm'. I imagine she'll end up being part of his redemption. I only hope they don't try and drag this out forever in order to extend the show. I'm sure there will be a good point to end it on the right note ... and I'm sure the executives will decide to run it right past that if the ratings stay good.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Not seen the latest episode, but my wild imagination is running. DC Tv has a well established multiverse, and although Lucifer is separate ( as is Gothem) there is no reason it can't be Earth-666. So, continuing, if John Constantine, who was mentioned as being in Hell in Arrow, plane hops, maybe he is the one to free Mom. Now, why would he do that?

:D
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ellis would make a great Dr. Who. I'm just sayin'.
He won. Period.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Hell yes! :P
-mf
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't really understand the logic of how they're airing this show. They stopped on 11/28 and resumed on 1/16...for three weeks. Now the show isn't coming back until May? Why the hell did they stop for 6 weeks, air three more and now disappear for 3 months? Does that make sense to anyone?

Regardless, still enjoying the hell out of the show. Tom Ellis is a treasure and I totally and completely don't remember him being in The Strain at all...but apparently he was. Episode 6, season 2.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Smoove_B wrote:I don't really understand the logic of how they're airing this show. They stopped on 11/28 and resumed on 1/16...for three weeks. Now the show isn't coming back until May? Why the hell did they stop for 6 weeks, air three more and now disappear for 3 months? Does that make sense to anyone?

Regardless, still enjoying the hell out of the show. Tom Ellis is a treasure and I totally and completely don't remember him being in The Strain at all...but apparently he was. Episode 6, season 2.
That sucks, i'm hanging on till most of the episodes are out, that screws that for a while, a long while...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Tom Ellis is a treasure and I totally and completely don't remember him being in The Strain at all...but apparently he was. Episode 6, season 2.
I don't remember anyone on that show unless they physically attack Zach and get my hopes up.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

So the second season ended last night and I'm tremendously satisfied with this show. I also didn't realize they did some chopping (which would explain the weird break) to end this season shorter and make season 3 longer:
Fox has given an early Season 3 renewal to Lucifer ahead of the DC/Warner Bros. TV drama’s second-season return from hiatus on May 1. The order is for a full-season 22 episodes.
But it looks like it'll be back again in September, airing at 8pm right before The Gifted. Gotham is moving to the 8pm slot on Thursdays.

Also, the height difference between Tricia Helfer and Rachael Harris was...interesting. Yes, that's what I'll go with. Interesting.

EDIT: Fixed link
Last edited by Smoove_B on Tue May 30, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Yeah, Ive enjoyed the show. At first it was all about Lucie and Chloe but they have really let some of the other characters shine. Maze, Detective Douche and Dr Linda had a lot more to do this season. It had such a long winter break though I wasnt sure if it was coming back. Im not sure why that happened but I read online somewhere that there were 3 episodes filmed for this season that were never shown and they plan to air them next fall. I assume that's what your link had to say, but I get a "page not found" message when I click on it.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

rshetts2 wrote:I read online somewhere that there were 3 episodes filmed for this season that were never shown and they plan to air them next fall.
I'm not sure about that, but I do think it's good news that it's getting a full season - ratings are apparently solid. I was really nervous when this show started because it was loosely based on the Sandman's version of Lucifer. And while the general gist is there, they've carved out a great show. And yes, it's because of all the great characters. Lucifer is the best, but all of the secondary characters are solid. I'm actually going to miss Tricia Helfer's character as I'd come to enjoy her role on the show.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I found the article. In fact there were 4 episodes that are being held back until season 3. They originally planned on an 18 episode season.
http://deadline.com/2017/03/lucifer-sup ... 202050153/
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So, what happened to Luci at the end of that season finale?
Spoiler:
Is he back in hell? Or worse, Nevada? Why were his wings back? Damn it people, I need answers!
He won. Period.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

I am with you. That ending has me way confused. But a great resolution to the main arc.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

sgoldj wrote:I am with you. That ending has me way confused. But a great resolution to the main arc.
+1

Damn you inscrutable cliffhanger ending! <shakes fist at sky>
-mf
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yes, the show was cancelled however, Fox is apparently going to air two episodes that were already filmed and going to be part of Season 4. When? This coming Monday.
Meanwhile, the #SaveLucifer social media campaign is now in its second week following the show’s cancellation, but so far efforts to find a new home for the series have come up short.
There's a bit a big spoiler in the article:
Spoiler:
Neil Gaiman is guest starring...as God.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hmm. Doesn't sound like anything gets resolved, but we'll watch it anyway.
Gonna miss this show.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

While a fan of the show, it's only because of the lead actor and his comedic chops. But even with that, the show began to wear its welcome a while ago. The main storyline has become so muddied I can't even begin to guess what the hell's going on at this point. So I'm okay with it leaving. I just hope Tom Ellis gets another gig soon.
He won. Period.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

I watched those last two bonus episodes. I am good with it being gone now. It seemed like almost everything was resolved. (Assuming a time jump between the finale and "Boo"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Those episodes did not give any closure at all to the series.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Thats because they were two unused episodes from the previous season that were never aired until now. They actually held back 4 episodes in the 2106-2017 season but aired two of them earlier in this most recent season. In terms of the time line, the final two episodes took place well before this last season ended. They were basically burning off what they had left.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:36 pm Those episodes did not give any closure at all to the series.
I'm not sure. If there was a time jump..
Spoiler:
Decker has accepted Lucifer as the devil, without the Linda type episodes.
Amenadial and Charlotte are at home in the Silver City (heaven) Done I think
Linda and Maize are friends. Maize was barely in this season anyway
Lt. Dan has accepted Charlotte being dead
Trixie was gone as much as Maize. Pretty sure she accepted Maize as Mazikeen and Lucifer as The Devil already.
Ella is staying in LA. I think Azrael could be a recurring.
God and Lucifer are never reconcile and God pretty much said so.
What is left for the next season?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Yea, Netflix is picking up Lucifer! I'm currently powering through season 3 on my DVR and really enjoying it and would have hated if it ended on a rushed note. Gotta have more Maze!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I figured they'd go that way once censors weren't an issue. I thought the show was good as-is, without gratuitous nudity.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

My wife and I didn't watch this until it became available on Netflix; we've now binged our way through the 3 seasons and are ready for the "Spring 2019" launch of S4.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

May 8 is the release date.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Paingod wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:12 am I figured they'd go that way once censors weren't an issue. I thought the show was good as-is, without gratuitous nudity.
I'm betting that was just a tongue in cheek nod to their new home. I highly doubt they'll change to a PG-13 or R rating now.
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Paingod wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:12 am I figured they'd go that way once censors weren't an issue. I thought the show was good as-is, without gratuitous nudity.
I'm betting that was just a tongue in cheek nod to their new home. I highly doubt they'll change to a PG-13 or R rating now.
I suspect they will ramp it up slightly no full on full frontal sex scenes or anything, but the language might be a little worse and probably some subtle nudity...
the wife and I can't wait for it... Plus it's Netflix so no waiting to see what happens at the end of the season! Hopefully, it's around for Season 5 and beyond.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Punisher wrote:
I suspect they will ramp it up slightly no full on full frontal sex scenes or anything, but the language might be a little worse and probably some subtle nudity...
the wife and I can't wait for it... Plus it's Netflix so no waiting to see what happens at the end of the season! Hopefully, it's around for Season 5 and beyond.
The good thing about the show is that they don't need to go full frontal if they keep the same level of writing. But I would love if the opening episode slyly poked fun at the fact that they can on their new infernal home.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

$iljanus wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:19 pm
Punisher wrote:
The good thing about the show is that they don't need to go full frontal if they keep the same level of writing. But I would love if the opening episode slyly poked fun at the fact that they can on their new infernal home.
Maybe something along the lines of full frontal, but just before you see much of anything a convenient prop blocks the view. basically its a big tease making you think they are going all out..
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Punisher wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:47 pm Maybe something along the lines of full frontal, but just before you see much of anything a convenient prop blocks the view. basically its a big tease making you think they are going all out..
They kinda already did that in season 1 episode 4.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just watched the first episode of Season 4 on Netflix - it's like they didn't miss a beat. I hope the remaining episodes are the same, but it was great to be able to see the story continue and I'm thankful Netflix allowed that to happen.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

it's like they didn't miss a beat
Agreed. Two episodes in and looking good.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ellis is still hilarious (his looming over Chloe and staring at her during the start of episode one of this latest season was great), but I really hope he doesn't try to sing Creep (or anything else that has a lot of high notes) ever again. Although I did like the constantly changing backdrop, clothing and appearance of Ellis' face during the song.
He won. Period.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Finished season 4 and loved it. MUCH better then season 3. I think it had to do with the smaller episode list, or the notable absence of a "big bad"this season. It allowed the show focus on what it does well.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.