Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Burger King (and the inevitable Chick-Fil-A discussion)

Post by LawBeefaroni »

YellowKing wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:28 pm I abhor Wendy's because they put mayonnaise on nearly every sandwich. Mayonnaise should be a request, NEVER a default. What kind of godless world do they think we live in where mayo is ASSUMED?
Mayo is a miracle. It's an acquired taste, sure, but it is basically what makes fast food burgers edible.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I eat mayo by the spoon from the jar.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

YellowKing wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:28 pm I abhor Wendy's because they put mayonnaise on nearly every sandwich. Mayonnaise should be a request, NEVER a default. What kind of godless world do they think we live in where mayo is ASSUMED?
Dairy Queen puts mustard on their chili dogs as a default. It's a crime against nature.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

All condiments are a crime against nature. Food comes with a flavor. If you don't like it, don't get the food.

I get everything plain always. Some places are better at it than others. Wendy's used to be the worst, but maybe 5 years ago something changed and it's one of the more reliable ones.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm
Mayo is a miracle. It's an acquired taste, sure, but it is basically what makes fast food burgers edible.
A&W puts mayo on their teen burgers. I like their teen burgers, and like mayo, but do not like mayo on my burgers. Can I please have a teen burger, hold the mayo, I say. They say sure. Everyone is happy.

I *like* mayo, but not on beef and not as a condiment for french fries, damn you euro commies!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stessier wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:09 pm All condiments are a crime against nature. Food comes with a flavor. If you don't like it, don't get the food.
That are acquired mostly through spices and seasonings. You know, like what condiments are.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:11 pm
stessier wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:09 pm All condiments are a crime against nature. Food comes with a flavor. If you don't like it, don't get the food.
That are acquired mostly through spices and seasonings. You know, like what condiments are.
And I don't like most spices and seasonings - they are a crime against nature. Salt. Maybe pepper. I'm good. And I'm perfectly happy without either.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

A guy like you probably alters their food through chemical processes like cooking and caramelization. Heathen.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Some ingredients you put in in the beginning. Others in the middle. And still others at the end. Condiments are usually in that last category.

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:01 pm
Dairy Queen puts mustard on their chili dogs as a default. It's a crime against nature.
Is '"crime against nature" the new way of saying "good and long-standing tradition"? If so, I get it.

If not, wtf are you talking about? I bet you ask for ketchup.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I think we can agree that everyone is allowed to have different things they like and it's ok. I think we can also agree that stessier is wrong.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

coopasonic wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 pm I think we can agree that everyone is allowed to have different things they like and it's ok. I think we can also agree that stessier is wrong.
Please, this is the internet. Neither of your statements is correct and I'll fight to the death to prove it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:17 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:01 pm
Is '"crime against nature" the new way of saying "good and long-standing tradition"? If so, I get it.

If not, wtf are you talking about? I bet you ask for ketchup.
Hell, no. I don't need tomato-flavored sugar mixing with my chili. I want to taste the chili, not some radioactive yellow monstrosity masquerading as a foodstuff.
naednek

Post by naednek »

More importantly, is how the burger is built. Produce should go on the bottom (like Carl's Jr), Produce should never be on the top (like BK) because you need a foundation. IF you put it on the top, it spills everywhere, and it's the first thing you taste. Biting into a juicy meat should be the first thing you taste. Famous Stars > Whopper
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

stessier wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:16 pm And I don't like most spices and seasonings - they are a crime against nature. Salt. Maybe pepper. I'm good. And I'm perfectly happy without either.
What are you, a Franciscan Monk of Flavor? A Spartan of Spices? Do you flagellate yourself if you find that you're enjoying a tuna melt?
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

naednek wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:37 pm More importantly, is how the burger is built. Produce should go on the bottom (like Carl's Jr), Produce should never be on the top (like BK) because you need a foundation. IF you put it on the top, it spills everywhere, and it's the first thing you taste. Biting into a juicy meat should be the first thing you taste. Famous Stars > Whopper
Turn the damned thing over. It's not rocket surgery.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Then the flat side of the bun would be on top. You can't eat a burger with the flat side staring at you. That's like asking the human race to go back to a time before sporks and attempt to eat both soup AND solid food with two separate utensils.

It's like you're willfully trying to make us lose the culinary tech race against the Russians.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Half the time, I don't eat the flat side. It's extra bread, usually lacking a condiment, and is only useful as a hot mitt against the heat of the meat.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This is absolutely the worst Burger King thread.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Daehawk wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:20 pm This is absolutely the worst Burger King thread.
That's kind of like saying "it's the smelliest piece of dog shit." Doesn't really matter, it's dog shit all the same.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

coopasonic wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 pm I think we can agree that everyone is allowed to have different things they like and it's ok. I think we can also agree that stessier is wrong.
There are definitely instances where Stessier is correct - if you take a perfectly cooked steak and put ketchup on it, that is absolutely a crime against nature. Of course, he's absolutely wrong about a burger and many other things.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

naednek wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:37 pm Produce should never be on the top (like BK) because you need a foundation.
That's what the onion's for. Bottom: mayo, onion, mustard. Meat. Cheese. Tomato, lettuce. The lettuce acts as a barrier between the tomato and the bun to keep it from getting soggy with tomato juice. Ketchup is on the top bun.
naednek wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:37 pm IF you put it on the top, it spills everywhere, and it's the first thing you taste. Biting into a juicy meat should be the first thing you taste. Famous Stars > Whopper
I don't know about you, but my tongue is on the bottom of my mouth, and approaches from the bottom.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
JCC

Post by JCC »

YK and I are in tune when it comes to fast food.

BK's broiled burgers are my favorite fast food burger but their fries are shit. I don't mind their onion rings though they are nothing special.
McD's fries are my favorite burger joint fast food fries. (My favorite fast food fries are Bojangles.)
Chick Fil A's gay hating chicken is flavored by delicious hatred. I hate Chik Fil A's politics, but fucking hell their chicken is delicious.

And finally, mayonaise is absolutely disgusting.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
stessier

Post by stessier »

hepcat wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:37 pm
stessier wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:16 pm And I don't like most spices and seasonings - they are a crime against nature. Salt. Maybe pepper. I'm good. And I'm perfectly happy without either.
What are you, a Franciscan Monk of Flavor? A Spartan of Spices? Do you flagellate yourself if you find that you're enjoying a tuna melt?
Sometimes i play things up for effect, but this is not one of those times. I really don't use anything but salt pepper and butter, if that even qualifies in the category. I don't like sauces, salad dressings, or dips. Used to drive my family nuts. Now it's just the way things are.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

See, this is why I like you.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:32 pm Hell, no. I don't need tomato-flavored sugar mixing with my chili.
Lol.

No ketchup for me, just sugar and tomatoes, thank you very much!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:47 pm
naednek wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:37 pm More importantly, is how the burger is built. Produce should go on the bottom (like Carl's Jr), Produce should never be on the top (like BK) because you need a foundation. IF you put it on the top, it spills everywhere, and it's the first thing you taste. Biting into a juicy meat should be the first thing you taste. Famous Stars > Whopper
Turn the damned thing over. It's not rocket surgery.
Brilliant.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:33 pm I don't know about you, but my tongue is on the bottom of my mouth, and approaches from the bottom.
Also brilliant.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

YellowKing wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:23 am I don't think anyone (including me) is arguing that Chick-Fil-A donates to organizations that are morally reprehensible. I'm just acknowledging that I don't know the financial donations of every single corporation that makes every single product I use in my life. And I use, and will continue to use, products that I know are created by people in reprehensible working conditions. So singling out one business to boycott when I'm probably utilizing 50 others which are just as bad or worse (known and unknown), is a waste of my time.

What I think we can all agree on, however, is that Burger King sucks. :D
You don't know financial donations of every single corporation that makes every single product that you use in your life so it doesn't make sense to boycott every single corporation that donate to morally reprehensible organizations.

Since you know that Chick-Fil-A donates to organizations that are morally reprehensible, it makes sense to boycott Chick-Fil-A.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

YellowKing wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 pm It brings up an interesting question.

Chick-Fil-A (from their perspective) is doing "the Lord's work" because they're a Christian-based corporation. Doesn't make it objectively right, but in their eyes they are helping society, not hurting it.

The companies that buy materials from sweatshops in Malaysia know they are exploiting human beings, and just don't give a shit.

Who's more evil? The evil person who thinks they're doing good, or the evil person who knows they're doing bad?

I don't know the answer, I'm just saying it's all relative. And I'm not trying to defend Chick-Fil-A, just playing devil's advocate (literally!)
Muslim terrorists kill people because they thinks they're doing good. Are they less evil than sweatshops in Malaysia?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:52 pm Then the flat side of the bun would be on top. You can't eat a burger with the flat side staring at you.
Now you've made me hungry for a Frisco Burger from Hardee's.
JCC wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 pmBK's broiled burgers are my favorite fast food burger but their fries are shit. I don't mind their onion rings though they are nothing special.
Dairy Queen's charbroil is superior to BK's, and do those things actually count as onion rings? They're more akin to onion flavored rings of mash potato that have been dropped in the fry oil. :think: Maybe one in five BK's have the charbroil tuned just right.

Hell, we haven't even gotten into soda machines yet. LOL I despise the new red dispensing units with a hundred flavors, but it can't make a good regular coke. :wink: I've stopped getting meals because the soda almost always sucks everywhere, except Subway who still use the old machines in my area at least.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Best Coca Cola is at Krystal followed by McDonalds.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Best chicken strips and/or nuggets... NOT at Jack in the box.

Surprisingly, I currently find Wendy's nuggets being best. Most fo McD, BK, or even KFC nuggets/strips felt it stayed too long under the heat lamp. The moisture is gone from the center and the coating is just... bland.

Worst strips... Jack in the box.

I've tried Chick-Fil-A strips once and it's actually quite good. But there's no stores near me (I happened to drive past one when I was working)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
morlac

Post by morlac »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:14 pm
YellowKing wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 pm It brings up an interesting question.

Chick-Fil-A (from their perspective) is doing "the Lord's work" because they're a Christian-based corporation. Doesn't make it objectively right, but in their eyes they are helping society, not hurting it.

The companies that buy materials from sweatshops in Malaysia know they are exploiting human beings, and just don't give a shit.

Who's more evil? The evil person who thinks they're doing good, or the evil person who knows they're doing bad?

I don't know the answer, I'm just saying it's all relative. And I'm not trying to defend Chick-Fil-A, just playing devil's advocate (literally!)
Muslim terrorists kill people because they thinks they're doing good. Are they less evil than sweatshops in Malaysia?
I dunno, what brand of shoes do they make and how is their Chicken Sandwhich? Lastly, if they have secret sauce....is it mayonnaise based?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Kasey Chang wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:08 pm Best chicken strips and/or nuggets... NOT at Jack in the box.

Surprisingly, I currently find Wendy's nuggets being best. Most fo McD, BK, or even KFC nuggets/strips felt it stayed too long under the heat lamp. The moisture is gone from the center and the coating is just... bland.

Worst strips... Jack in the box.

I've tried Chick-Fil-A strips once and it's actually quite good. But there's no stores near me (I happened to drive past one when I was working)
I've never had Jack-in-the-Box chicken. Went there once for a burger and swore them off. I don't think I've ever had KFC strips or nuggets either.

Chick-Fil-A nuggets are very good (the fried ones - never had the grilled one). They taste reminds me a bit of KFC original recipe. McDonald's is probably 1a as long as they are fresh, otherwise they fall to second. Wendy's I would rank 3rd and it's a distant third. Probably like a C-. Burger King gets an F - they are bad with a disagreeable flavor. This is the same rating that McDonald's buttermilk strips get - I have no idea why anyone like those things. Just horrible.
coopasonic

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by coopasonic »

re: chicken nuggets/strips, I don't know how widespread Raising Cane's is, but for me the conversation ends there. It's the sauce... sorry stess.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

coopasonic wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 pm re: chicken nuggets/strips, I don't know how widespread Raising Cane's is, but for me the conversation ends there. It's the sauce... sorry stess.
The wife and I exist in a superposition where we can never decide if we like the sauce or not. We eat it, but it's never the draw. Oh, and extra toast over coleslaw.
stessier

Post by stessier »

coopasonic wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 pm re: chicken nuggets/strips, I don't know how widespread Raising Cane's is, but for me the conversation ends there. It's the sauce... sorry stess.
I've never heard of that one, but I forgot to mention Zaxby's - which might just be a Southeast thing. I'm pretty sure they are the only one to use thyme as a primary flavor. It's different and the strips are always fresh, so I'd put them above Wendy's. As for sauce, people swear by Zaxsauce - clearly I have no opinion. :) Looks like Thousand Island dressing to me.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:52 pm
I've never heard of that one
It started in Louisiana, and is working its way outwards.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

coopasonic wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:58 pm My fast food choice is Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Sandwich "Spicy" - in quotes because it's a label not an apt description.
Oh man, possibly my favourite thing on their menu unless they have a special limited time thing I like better, like the Maple Bacon Chicken they had awhile back.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:56 pm
stessier wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:52 pm
I've never heard of that one
It started in Louisiana, and is working its way outwards.
Looks like there is one near Clemson. Not worth a special trip, but good to know.