To SBC: Bite me

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

To SBC: Bite me

Post by LawBeefaroni »

As if all the crap they try to pull on a personal level, they have to go and buy the biggest NCAA football game of my year.

The SBC Michigan-Ohio State Classic.

What really kills me is they'll be calling it "The 101st SBC Michigan-Ohio State Classic." As with bowl games.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Boudreaux

Post by Boudreaux »

I'm so sick of naming rights and product placement like this, especially on TV. I noticed in last week's Survivor they had the "Pringle's Ranch-Rageous Survivor Moment" and the "Pontiac Game-Changing Moment". Bleargh.

I have to wonder if marketing analysis shows this to actually pay off. Personally, I can't say I've ever garnered anything more than annoyance at this. I didn't think to myself "wow, Ranch Pringles would sure hit the spot right now." I sure as hell didn't go "Ha ha, what a fantastic moment! Think I'll go buy a Pontiac!"
wire

Post by wire »

I tend to not purchase from a company if their marketing annoys me.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Product recognition comes first. First the food must smell great, second the food must look great, and then, if you've got time, you should make the food taste pretty good too.