Post by hepcat »

Whoa...this is going to be on TV???
He won. Period.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Re: [FX]Taboo

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Looks interesting.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Starts this coming Tuesday (1/10) -- set your DVRs.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I love that Hardy doesn't turn his nose up at television now that he's one of the most sought out actors around. Really looking forward to this one.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

In addition to all sorts of movie roles that I liked him in his performance in Peaky Blinders as the head of a Jewish gang was pretty memorable and I look forward to him bringing some of that to this series.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Anyone else catch the premier last night? I :wub: dirty gritty period pieces like this and thought Tom Hardy was awesome in his role. Could have used someone other than the High Sparrow in it but I guess he needs work now. And it would seem the title comes from:
Spoiler:
his relationship with his sister.
Not really sure I need to spoiler that but what the heck. Can't wait for more. The wife, not so much. :wink:
-mf
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I did remember to instruct my DVR but haven't watched it yet. Probably get to it this weekend.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Me and the wife watched and enjoyed it. Interesting time period, some very nice cinematography and music, no terrible actors (yet anyway), and Hardy is in his wheelhouse. They could go overboard with the supernatural aspects, but only time will tell.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Good lord, Hardy is a force of nature on this show. He may very well be one of the best actors working right now. I can't even begin to imagine almost 90 percent of the actors working today pulling off the stuff Hardy does in any given scene.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Season 2
BBC1's grimy, gritty drama series Taboo starring Tom Hardy will be back for a second series, the BBC have confirmed.
An air date for Taboo series two has yet to be revealed, but writer Knight has previously been confident of a renewal, telling RadioTimes.com that he was expecting at least two more series.

"We think it has got a two and a three certainly, that’s the plan,” Knight said. “After that who knows? This series is eight parts – it’s a lot of time."
It's almost as if people are the problem.
mori

Post by mori »

Watched the series and enjoyed it. Loved the time period setting and they put effort into making this part of the world really dirty and nasty. I often thought of how badly most of these people stunk. Or had the overpowering aroma of manufactured perfumes. The creators were going for the espionage twist and turns but falls short of I, Claudius, Rome, or numerous others. The actor performances I thought were all great.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Watched the first one with Wife, who showed no interest in seeing subsequent episodes, so I'll end up watching this one when she's not around. Saw episode 2 a few days ago. I like the setting and characters but the storyline hasn't really grabbed me yet.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't started watching this yet. Almost finished with Westworld (1 episode left) and I finished Frontier on Netflix a few weeks ago. Need something new to watch. It looks like it's available on FXNow. For some reason PSVue on demand only has episodes 3-8.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

EvilHomer3k wrote:Thanks for the reminder. I haven't started watching this yet. Almost finished with Westworld (1 episode left) and I finished Frontier on Netflix a few weeks ago. Need something new to watch. It looks like it's available on FXNow. For some reason PSVue on demand only has episodes 3-8.
how is Frontiers? I like that time and era.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I liked it quite a bit. It isn't long, 6 episodes, IIRC. The quality of the show is good, the acting is generally good, and it's not boring at all.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Finished watching Taboo last night. It was pretty good. Tom Hardy was excellent. It's not just a historical piece but there is some fantasy mixed in. Everything built to the final episode which was great. Overall, I recommend it to anyone interested in period shows. I was never able to get into Peaky Blinders but quite liked this.