solo Batman movie....Affleck gets lead and producer roles

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

solo Batman movie....Affleck gets lead and producer roles

Post by Daehawk »

Last edited by Daehawk on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Re: solo Batman movie....Affleck gets lead and director role

Post by GreenGoo »

He's a better director than actor by a long ways. I haven't seen the superman/batman movie, but I would think hiding behind a mask with a gravelly voice is exactly what his acting needs. :D
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I remember him being really good in that movie a few years back where he played the actor who played Superman in the old TV shows. It seems a bit like an outlier performance for him, though.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He can be good actor...if the character isn't expected to swing too far across the emotional scale. Batman seems a good choice for him in light of that.
He won. Period.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

ImLawBoy wrote:I remember him being really good in that movie a few years back where he played the actor who played Superman in the old TV shows. It seems a bit like an outlier performance for him, though.
Hollywoodland, where he played George Reeves.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

More Daehawk title gore. ;)

Glad to hear it. Affleck really is good in the new film. I look forward to the Kevin Smith cameo. It would be awesome if it's a redress of his character from the Daredevil movie.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

While I'm keen on this, I'll be honest - I actually think Zack Snyer would be a good fit as director for an edgier, darker Batman take (I enjoyed his Batman take in BvS more than I expected to). I guess we won't get to see that beyond BvS.

I think the gripping robbery action scenes in Affleck's "The Town" maybe give some sense of how he would handle Batman action scenes and stunts as director, fwiw. While I can't say Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo scream "Batman director!" I certainly can remember around 2006 not thinking that Chris Nolan's Following, Memento and Insomnia screamed "Batman director!" either.

I guess given how difficult it is to get out of the Batsuit, I wonder logistically how he'll handle that as director. :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Keep in mind that it has been reported that Affleck rewrote half of his scenes in BvS. At least he isn't going in blind.

I was browsing the lineup going forward the other day. Other than Justice League 1 & 2, Snyder isn't running any of the other shows. I'm hoping that the criticism of BvS is followed by praise and huge sales for Suicide Squad, and it leads Warner to bumping him out entirely.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He paaks the Bat Caa in Haavaad Yard.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Affleck steps down as director, but there will still be a film and he will be in it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

At least it's not Will Arnett. Saw him interviewed during previews for Lego Batman and find him so annoying.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Rumpy wrote:At least it's not Will Arnett. Saw him interviewed during previews for Lego Batman and find him so annoying.
Isgrimnur

Re: solo Batman movie....Affleck gets lead and producer role

Post by Isgrimnur »

Matt Reeves to direct
Reeves has War for the Planet of the Apes out July 14. The well-regarded filmmaker previously directed films such as Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Cloverfield and Let Me In.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

AV Club
Earlier this month, Reeves suggested that his movie would be a sort of Hitchcockian take on the Caped Crusader, and now he has expanded on that a little bit in an interview with New Trailer Buzz by adding that The Batman will be about an “almost noir-driven, detective version of Batman” instead of the guy who just really wanted to punch Superman and murder henchman in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice. Reeves didn’t offer many other specific details, but if he is going for a more cerebral version of Batman, than the rumor about The Penguin replacing Deathstroke as the big villain would also make a fair amount of sense.

Now let’s all just imagine how hilarious it will be to see Ben Affleck’s totally ripped Batman dusting for fingerprints and hunting for clues while wearing his huge, muscly Batsuit.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Isgrimnur wrote:AV Club
Earlier this month, Reeves suggested that his movie would be a sort of Hitchcockian take on the Caped Crusader, and now he has expanded on that a little bit in an interview with New Trailer Buzz by adding that The Batman will be about an “almost noir-driven, detective version of Batman” instead of the guy who just really wanted to punch Superman and murder henchman in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice. Reeves didn’t offer many other specific details, but if he is going for a more cerebral version of Batman, than the rumor about The Penguin replacing Deathstroke as the big villain would also make a fair amount of sense.

Now let’s all just imagine how hilarious it will be to see Ben Affleck’s totally ripped Batman dusting for fingerprints and hunting for clues while wearing his huge, muscly Batsuit.

BUT...the more important question....will the batsuit have nipples?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

he's going to switch back to tights.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

In other words, we're going to have a Batman that doesn't just look like Batman, and doesn't just act like Batman, but actually acts like Batman?

That's quite a contrast to the Nolan films, the best Batman films ever made without having Batman in them!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Re: solo Batman movie....Affleck gets lead and producer roles

Post by Isgrimnur »

AV Club
Finally, after years of rumors, denials, and additional rumors that seemed to corroborate the initial rumors, it looks like Ben Affleck is hanging up Batman’s cape and cowl. ... Either way, Deadline says that Matt Reeves’ The Batman—which we just heard is coming in 2021—will feature a younger Bruce Wayne who is not Affleck.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

At this rate of turnover, I should be playing Batman soon. To the Batcouch!
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Slash Film
On the heels of a report that Andy Serkis is in talks to play Batman’s loyal butler Alfred comes a story stating Colin Farrell is in talks to play The Penguin. If so, Farrell will be joining previously cast villains Paul Dano as The Riddler and Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, making The Batman a crowded affair indeed.
Jeffrey Wright is Commissioner Gordon