[Film] Bill and Ted 3

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Bill and Ted 3

Post by Isgrimnur »

Consequence of Sound
While out promoting his documentary Who the F*@% is Frank Zappa? and concurrent Zappa archival project, actor Alex Winter revealed that a start date for Bill & Ted 3 could be imminent. “We’ve been working on it for, like six years,” Winter, who played Bill S. Preston in the original two films, told Forbes. “We’re knee-deep in the script, it’s been written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, who wrote the first two, they are fantastic writers, and the script is great. We have a script, we have a director, we have a studio – we’re just trying to nail down a start date.”

When asked if that start date would come by the end of this year or during the early part of the next, Winter replied, “Hopefully the former, possibly the latter.”

He also confirmed that Keanu Reeves is down to return as Ted ‘Theodore’ Logan. “How the [fuck] would we make it if he wasn’t on board?” Winter joked. “People always ask if Keanu’s doing it and I’m like, ‘No, I’m making a Bill movie.’ Of course, he’s in it. I can’t make a Bill & Ted movie without Keanu.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
noxiousdog

Re: [Film] Bill and Ted 3

Post by noxiousdog »

Whoa
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not...sure. The first two were so cool how could you make a third after all this time? And age now...and and...just not sure.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Maybe they'll go back in time to try and prevent this movie from being made. ;)

Yeah, not sure. I think the originals were a product of the 80's. A new movie wouldn't be so totally gnarly.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Daehawk wrote:Not...sure. The first two were so cool how could you make a third after all this time? And age now...and and...just not sure.
Dumb and Dumber 2 was fine. Not as good as the first but it was way, way better than Dumb and Dumberer. They got the original actors (in both) which is huge for this kind of thing.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yea, it will be really interesting to see how they handle old Bill and old Ted. Both those guys are early 50s.

Now, I'm not one to disparage middle-aged guys since I am one myself, but the premise of Bill and Ted kind of relies on them being zany high school kids. I hope the idea isn't "those bozos never grew up!" because watching two 50-year old guys act like teenagers is going to be really sad.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

I'm interested to see how they're going to do this. At this age, Bill & Ted should be rock gods changing the world, I believe. But mostly this news has made me miss George Carlin :(.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

At this point shouldn't Wyld Stallions have brought about world peace already? It's been awhile since I've seen the originals but that was the key point, right, that they had to stay together so that they could transform the future into a George Carlin-led utopia?

Maybe they could make a movie where the aged Bill & Ted have to preserve the utopia against some schemer or something (while probably passing the torch onto Bill Jr. and Ted Jr.)?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

cheeba wrote:I'm interested to see how they're going to do this. At this age, Bill & Ted should be rock gods changing the world, I believe. But mostly this news has made me miss George Carlin :(.
We appear to be on the same page.
Black Lives Matter.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

El Guapo wrote:At this point shouldn't Wyld Stallions have brought about world peace already? It's been awhile since I've seen the originals but that was the key point, right, that they had to stay together so that they could transform the future into a George Carlin-led utopia?

Maybe the two of them have a fight that threatens their band's separation, and they have to go back in time to re-discover that magic. Maybe visit a young Rufus for advice.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

YellowKing wrote:Now, I'm not one to disparage middle-aged guys since I am one myself, but the premise of Bill and Ted kind of relies on them being zany high school kids. I hope the idea isn't "those bozos never grew up!" because watching two 50-year old guys act like teenagers is going to be really sad.
Bogus! Unless princesses are involved.

Also: the world could do a lot worse than having a movie feature the core message of "be excellent to each other".
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Bill and Ted's Excellent Convalescent Home?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

What about Rufus?

:(
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

There was a second one?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Carlin was awful in these. He didn't have much to work with, but man...terrible. Even teenage me noticed. And that was when I actually liked his stuff.

If only there was some sort of time travel plot device that would allow history to be re-written, messing with their world peace scenario. Now that would be a script.
nasai

Post by nasai »

GreenGoo wrote:If only there was some sort of time travel plot device that would allow history to be re-written, messing with their world peace scenario. Now that would be a script.
That is exactly what they are doing. Exactly.
Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

I hope it's good. I loved the first one and liked the second one a lot.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

April 1st you say?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Moat_Man wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:54 am I hope it's good. I loved the first one and liked the second one a lot.
Plot twist. Rufus screwed up.. It was actually the Evil robot Bill and Ted who create the universe saving music. In the original timeline, they killed the real ones, then realized they were better at music anyway.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
stessier

Post by stessier »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:16 am April 1st you say?
It's unlikely to be a joke. I heard an interview with Alex Winter on a late 2015 episode of the Nerdist podcast and he gave basically the same outline of the plot they gave in that youtube clip. This has been in the works for years.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Years you say?
Brian

Post by Brian »

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Mentor and role model.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:34 pm Years you say?
That is what they said in the interview, and the story has been around longer than this weekend. One article even said Soderburg is involved in producing
According to Solomon, Steven Soderbergh is currently attached as a producer on the film, along with original franchise producer Scott Kroopf. Talk of a potential third film dates back years, but after decades of uncertainty, the film finally seems to be moving forward.
Story allegedly revolves around them turning 50, and still not having changed the world with their music, and the pressure they feel to do so as middle aged Bill & Ted... which actually sounds like a story with potential.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Word on the street is that this is officially a go.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:21 pm Word on the street is that this is officially a go.
https://twitter.com/i/moments/993890472715206657
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think it will cheesy yet cool silly yet fun bad yet good. Id pay for it.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Punisher wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:10 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:21 pm Word on the street is that this is officially a go.
https://twitter.com/i/moments/993890472715206657
Be excellent to each other!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Although I really don't have much interest in the movie itself, I'll still probably go see it simply to support Keanu Reeves. After hearing story after story about what a genuine, kind, stand-up human being he is, I really want to see his work rewarded.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Pyperkub

Re: Re: [Film] Bill and Ted 3

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:Although I really don't have much interest in the movie itself, I'll still probably go see it simply to support Keanu Reeves. After hearing story after story about what a genuine, kind, stand-up human being he is, I really want to see his work rewarded.
You should also read up on Alex Winters and his documentary film work.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Excellent!
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Party on.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

How can you make a teaser and NOT do the air guitar???????
Out.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

I have such mad respect for Keanu, but that being said, he is one twitchy sumbich, ain't he?
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Pyperkub wrote:You should also read up on Alex Winters and his documentary film work.
I was talking with a co-worker today about the Bill & Ted announcement and mentioned Alex Winter. And he was like, "Wait...Alex Winter is Bill from Bill & Ted?????"

Apparently my co-worker was a big backer on Alex's Zappa documentary and had emailed him back and forth quite a bit, but never had a clue he was THE Alex Winter. :D
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:18 pm
Pyperkub wrote:You should also read up on Alex Winters and his documentary film work.
I was talking with a co-worker today about the Bill & Ted announcement and mentioned Alex Winter. And he was like, "Wait...Alex Winter is Bill from Bill & Ted?????"

Apparently my co-worker was a big backer on Alex's Zappa documentary and had emailed him back and forth quite a bit, but never had a clue he was THE Alex Winter. :D
Excellent!

:banana-guitar:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hyena wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:37 pm I have such mad respect for Keanu, but that being said, he is one twitchy sumbich, ain't he?
He was on an ep of Jay Leno's Garage with his motorcycle company. Should check it out. Seems a normal guy who'd be a cool friend.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:24 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:37 pm I have such mad respect for Keanu, but that being said, he is one twitchy sumbich, ain't he?
He was on an ep of Jay Leno's Garage with his motorcycle company. Should check it out. Seems a normal guy who'd be a cool friend.
Agreed! Watch his training videos for John Wick. Whole new level of respect.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins