[Film] Power Rangers (2017)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Power Rangers (2017)

Post by Isgrimnur »

IMDB

EW
It’s time for Elizabeth Banks to conquer Earth — as Rita Repulsa, that is.

The actress stars as the iconic monster-unleashing villain in the upcoming reboot of the small-screen franchise about five teens with attitude and abilities to round up alien menaces. Unlike her ’90s-era counterpart, Banks’ Rita sports lighter, sleeker headgear, including gold accents and a green rope entwined around her ponytail. “It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa,” Banks tells PEOPLE. “We wanted to give her a backstory that connects her to the new Rangers.”

Even better: Banks gets to flex her evil-doing muscles in the role. What’s she most looking forward to? “Obviously, first, world domination,” she tells PEOPLE. “I’ve never played a villain before, let alone an alien warrior.”
Power Rangers morphs into theaters March 24, 2017.
Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Re: [Film] Power Rangers (2017)

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
DD*

Post by DD* »

So... Does the Pink Ranger have some special scenes in the directors cut?
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Are they still going to be racially color coded?
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

NickAragua wrote:Are they still going to be racially color coded?
Black Ranger = Asian
Blue Ranger = Black
Yellow Ranger = Hispanic
Pink and red rangers = Caucasian

So, I guess they mixed it up a little.

I just got back from watching this with my kids. It was a lot better than I expected. It wasn't nearly as cheesy as the TV shows. The villain was the cheesiest part, but still not laughable like the TV shows. I can't believe my kids (7 and 10) sat still for that long (124 minute movie). Also, oops, I didn't realize it was PG-13 until we were sitting in the theater and I saw the trailers they were showing. There wasn't much to justify that rating IMO. A little language (ass and damn) and one off-color joke (something about milking a cow with one big, hard udder) and some fairly intense action.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Thnx Coop,

I saw the coming attractions and it looked interesting. Your mini review is confirmation.

matinee tomorrow.
AKA: Dajjer
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

D.A.Lewis wrote:Thnx Coop,

I saw the coming attractions and it looked interesting. Your mini review is confirmation.

matinee tomorrow.
Just to be clear, "a lot better than I expected" is a relative statement. My expectations were based on the pretty awful TV shows. One thing to temper your expectations, it is an origin story long on origin (and some teen drama). It doesn't leave a lot of time for actual power ranger action.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter