2017-2018 NBA Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

2017-2018 NBA Post Season

Post by Jaymann »

Lakers fire Byron Scott. Feel sorry for Byron since he was essentially tanking one for the team to get better draft picks. But he did not seem to do well in coaching up the young players.
Last edited by Jaymann on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Re: 2016 NBA Post Season/Draft

Post by Pyperkub »

They want Luke Walton
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

When the Lakers fired Scott, they basically said that the team record was not the issue and that no coach could have made this roster work and then used the wonderfully vague "We have decided to go in a new direction" excuse. So I guess that means that while they are not blaming Scott for the travesty that management made of the Lakers roster, they still need to sacrifice someone to the fans. Sorry, Byron, its sucks to be you.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Pyperkub wrote:They want Luke Walton
But why would Walton want them? I'm sure he's going to get plenty of offers - might as well wait for a good situation.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
But why would Walton want them? I'm sure he's going to get plenty of offers - might as well wait for a good situation.
And therein lies the rub. "It's the Lakers!" is heavily outweighed by, "It's the Lakers about 3-5 years from contention."
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
And therein lies the rub. "It's the Lakers!" is heavily outweighed by, "It's the Lakers about 3-5 years from contention."
It's not that outweighed. The Lakers will go get players, unlike most teams searching for coaches.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Love how you can hear how much the crowd enjoyed. Nothing like a basketball crowd that knows a special play when they see it.

That's what I like to see. Much better game from Stuckey than that embarrassing performance in Game 5. All comes down to game 7 Sunday in Toronto.

Oh and that clumsy running Turner fellow out of Texas. Real glad they took him. Looks to be the steal of the draft.

:pray:
Rip

Post by Rip »

Rip

Re: 2016 NBA Draft Season

Post by Rip »

Wow, Spurs making a statement tonight.

GSW is going to need a healthy Curry to contend with them. Thunder are clearly outclassed.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Woooot! Lakers get the # 2 pick in the draft!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Until I see those ping pong balls fall, I'm still suspicious.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

So the Bull's reward for a miserable season is a worthless draft pick. The odds have increased that next year's draft pick will be less worthless.
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Rip wrote:Wow, Spurs making a statement tonight.

GSW is going to need a healthy Curry to contend with them. Thunder are clearly outclassed.
Hmmmmm..........
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

For those into NBA draft conspiracy theories, Dikembe Mutombo gave you some ammunition with his tweet about the 76er's winning the draft, 3 hours before the lottery supposedly happened...

:shock:
Black Lives Matter
PLW

Post by PLW »

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

In what is essentially a 2 man draft then a huge drop off, 2nd position has the advantage that you can't be second guessed for picking the remaining guy.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Blight Howard movin' on out.

I guess he didn't feel it was fair to the rest of the league to stay in Houston after all the championships they racked up.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote:In what is essentially a 2 man draft then a huge drop off, 2nd position has the advantage that you can't be second guessed for picking the remaining guy.
Buddy Hield and Kris Dunn could be stars quite easily and before the first 2 off of the board .

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

The Bulls actually manage to unload Derek "Owie" Rose! Of course, they get nothing because he's worth nothing (an equal amount of salary obligation), but he's gone. I wonder what the 2017 draft class is going to be like?
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

In other news the Pacers move George Hill to Utah who kick the 12th pick to Atlanta and send Jeff Teague to Indiana.

I'm glad they get Teague but will miss George Hill, he was a solid player.

So I guess they won't be going after Mike Conley in FA.

Perhaps this is a sign the may go after Horford in FA though.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Pyperkub wrote:
Jaymann wrote:In what is essentially a 2 man draft then a huge drop off, 2nd position has the advantage that you can't be second guessed for picking the remaining guy.
Buddy Hield and Kris Dunn could be stars quite easily and before the first 2 off of the board .
Hoping Hield can fall to the 7th pick to the Nuggets.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jeff V wrote:The Bulls actually manage to unload Derek "Owie" Rose! Of course, they get nothing because he's worth nothing (an equal amount of salary obligation), but he's gone. I wonder what the 2017 draft class is going to be like?
On the radio they were saying that Phil Jackson scored a coup to set up a core of Rose, Mello and Porzingas. It is to laugh.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Jaymann wrote:
Jeff V wrote:The Bulls actually manage to unload Derek "Owie" Rose! Of course, they get nothing because he's worth nothing (an equal amount of salary obligation), but he's gone. I wonder what the 2017 draft class is going to be like?
On the radio they were saying that Phil Jackson scored a coup to set up a core of Rose, Mello and Porzingas. It is to laugh.
Were you listening to 710 with Mason & Ireland? If so i was hearing the same thing and kept chuckling to myself since I think the Knicks overpaid here. If Rose can recoup his form sure, but he's been quite fragile. And if I am wrong good for them.

Excited for the draft tonight as a whole. Part of me was kind of excited about the rumors of trading away Dangelo Russell (who i think is a great talent; I just think the whole phone fiasco is gonna hang over him professionally for a long time; and that will hurt getting free agents). We know Ingram is coming to LA, would be awesome if the Lakers could somehow get Buddy hield also.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Newcastle wrote:We know Ingram is coming to LA, would be awesome if the Lakers could somehow get Buddy hield also.
Local radio has been trying to get rumors started that Lebron will be a Clipper and he will bring DWade and Carmello Anthony with him to play with Chris Paul.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Newcastle wrote: I think the Knicks overpaid here.
Shirley, you're joking. The Bulls are also sending a second round draft pick, which still at least potentially worth something, unlike the $22 million of dead-weight cap-spacers that the Knicks unloaded on the Bulls. I think that was the real trade -- Rose was just thrown in to compensate for the cap hit.
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

#KevINDYrant

:ninja:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Very unimpressed w/ the Thunder trade. Wasn't Ibaka the defensive anchor? Kind of makes me wonder if KD is actually leaving then. I know analysts are fawning over it, but I dont think its good. Dont they lsoe some D in there?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

LordMortis wrote:
Newcastle wrote:We know Ingram is coming to LA, would be awesome if the Lakers could somehow get Buddy hield also.
Local radio has been trying to get rumors started that Lebron will be a Clipper and he will bring DWade and Carmello Anthony with him to play with Chris Paul.
There were flitters of that discussion a few days ago of Lebron to Lakers...that's just not gonna happen.
Bayraktar!!!!

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

The Pistons got a lucky pick. Most people had Henry Ellenson as a top ten pick and the Pistons were so sure that he would be gone way before the 18th pick that they didnt even bring him in for a work out. After the first few picks, the draft went a bit off the rails and Ellenson dropped into Detroits lap. Its not often you can grab a good mid range shooting, strong rebounding 7' PF/C that far back in the draft. It seems the teams in front of Detroit were quite enamored with foreign players. Ellenson helps fill the Pistons biggest need. I am very happy and a bit surprised at the Pistons draft this season.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I'm happy to see what the Nuggets ended up with.

Really wanted Buddy Hield, but you can't argue with Jamal Murray.

Nuggets are stock piling really good young talent. Hoping now that they can develop and keep them.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Newcastle wrote:Very unimpressed w/ the Thunder trade. Wasn't Ibaka the defensive anchor? Kind of makes me wonder if KD is actually leaving then. I know analysts are fawning over it, but I dont think its good. Dont they lsoe some D in there?
Ibaka wasn't great last year, especially towards the end of the year. In fact, he had a lower efficiency rating than either of the NBA players OKC got in return and on top of that they got Sabonis. Seems like a great trade for OKC to me.
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Very unimpressed w/ the Thunder trade. Wasn't Ibaka the defensive anchor? Kind of makes me wonder if KD is actually leaving then. I know analysts are fawning over it, but I dont think its good. Dont they lsoe some D in there?
Ibaka wasn't great last year, especially towards the end of the year. In fact, he had a lower efficiency rating than either of the NBA players OKC got in return and on top of that they got Sabonis. Seems like a great trade for OKC to me.
I certainly think Oladipo will have a big impact.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Rip wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:

But it seemed to me in the GSW-Thunder series what really bothered the Warriors was the Thunders length and defense, and giving away a cornerstone of that doesn't seem to me to be the right move. Enis Kanter cant defend. Adams is decent enough. They are putting a lot of premium that Adams can really make that step up. I think that guy Roberson got played out of the gym 80% of the series.

Also I think one of the weaknesses that was exposed to the Warriors that when they go small, you can go big and really try to outrebound the ball and close down the passing lanes. IN the finals Tristan Thompson was awesome on the boards for the Cavs.

i didn't see much of Oladipo. So he's a bit of a mystery to me. I dont think Sabonis is really ready yet, he'll need a few years to develop. Cowherd said this morning Oladipo is there to counter Klay thompson, ok i get that.

Even having gone through the PERs and such, still not sure its as such a great deal for them. Wasn't Ibaka also a strong locker room presence? Again not sold that its great. OK, sure. But not as great as folks are saying.
Bayraktar!!!!

Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Everything I've read has OKC, between the draft and trade, has them being in terrific shape.
Newcastle wrote:
Rip wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:

But it seemed to me in the GSW-Thunder series what really bothered the Warriors was the Thunders length and defense, and giving away a cornerstone of that doesn't seem to me to be the right move. Enis Kanter cant defend. Adams is decent enough. They are putting a lot of premium that Adams can really make that step up. I think that guy Roberson got played out of the gym 80% of the series.

Also I think one of the weaknesses that was exposed to the Warriors that when they go small, you can go big and really try to outrebound the ball and close down the passing lanes. IN the finals Tristan Thompson was awesome on the boards for the Cavs.

i didn't see much of Oladipo. So he's a bit of a mystery to me. I dont think Sabonis is really ready yet, he'll need a few years to develop. Cowherd said this morning Oladipo is there to counter Klay thompson, ok i get that.

Even having gone through the PERs and such, still not sure its as such a great deal for them. Wasn't Ibaka also a strong locker room presence? Again not sold that its great. OK, sure. But not as great as folks are saying.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

SO I am just gonna make this prediction - KD leaves OKC and signs up with the Warriors. I see plenty of reasons for him leaving not a lot to stay.
Bayraktar!!!!

Rip

Post by Rip »

Wow, the Pacers have made a lot of moves and the only one I half expected was getting Jeff Teague. I really like George Hill but I'm sure he will do well in Utah but Teague is the offensive initiator they needed.

T. Young is going to solidify the rebounding and make sure there is no need to try playing PG13 at the 4. The fact that he can hit from the floor is just icing on the cake.

Now they have landed Al Jefferson who is also solid down low and should be an awesome tutor for Myles Turner.

There is still talk they will land Rudy Gay as well which would give them like 7 or 8 guys that could start. Unless KD goes to Boston, Pacers and Cavs are the top 2 in the East this year.

Stoked!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Rip wrote:Unless KD goes to Boston, Pacers and Cavs are the top 2 in the East this year.
Nope, Blight Howard to Atlanta - that's good for at least 5 championships.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Jaymann wrote:
Rip wrote:Unless KD goes to Boston, Pacers and Cavs are the top 2 in the East this year.
Nope, Blight Howard to Atlanta - that's good for at least 5 championships.
:lol:

Downgrade from Horford.

Past his prime injury prone walking distraction.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Rip wrote: Past his prime injury prone walking distraction.
But still demands (and gets) a max contract in the topsy turvy world of the NBA.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter