2017-2018 NBA Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Remus West

Re: 2017-2018 NBA Season

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 am Yes, that is what they are saying for why they reviewed the call. But Lebron was nowhere near the restricted area. Seems like the refs just used that as an excuse to review the play. I would rather the refs not use replay to overturn fouls because that just opens up a can of worms.
The other thing I saw that made me not mind is that one official signaled block when the other signaled charge so gettingthem together seems to be the best method there. Mind you I wasn't watching live so only saw clips on SC this morning so.....
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Did anyone read The Ringer piece on Bryan Colangelo's potentially secret Twitter accounts? Why do people try to get away with this??

(This came out a few days ago, but I've been travelling and am just catching up. :) )

Edit: Hmm, perhaps his wife was the burner account holder? Although the way they went dark when confronted would suggest he likely knew what she was up to.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GungHo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:52 am I'm not a fan of LeBron in the sense that I root for him or the Cavs, nor am I a hater in that no matter what he does he'll 'never be as good as Jordan/dominant as 'Player X'/as good as 'Player X' etc. but dang, that is one bad man. He is almost literally (almost) all that CLE has going for them, and he can still get 51. After the playoff run CLE has endured, and at age 33...He may or may not be the GOAT but he is incredible. Shame he did the whole 'taking my talents to South Beach' thing. :doh:
Yeah, I've long been one who felt that his proponents overrated him, mostly because of the King James stuff right out of High School. However, he's won me over - when the Warriors went on their patented 3rd quarter run and were preparing to make the game a blowout, LeBron scored 12 straight points to single-handedly claw the Warriors back and his defense has been absolutely amazing.

I'm still a proponent of Kareem as the best ever however. Hell, they had to change the rules for him in college and he still won 3 straight NCAA titles (would have won 4 if Freshmen were eligible), and then he brought a championship to Milwaukee, in addition to his 6 NBA MVP's, one as a rookie, when Milwaukee set a record with 20 straight wins, and improved by 29 regular season games. He also won 6 titles in 10 appearances, led the league in rebounds, blocks and scoring, and is still the all time NBA scoring champ.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:38 pm Did anyone read The Ringer piece on Bryan Colangelo's potentially secret Twitter accounts? Why do people try to get away with this??

(This came out a few days ago, but I've been travelling and am just catching up. :) )

Edit: Hmm, perhaps his wife was the burner account holder? Although the way they went dark when confronted would suggest he likely knew what she was up to.
The wife admitted she was running the accounts and Colangelo is resigning. Wow.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Meanwhile the fat lady is gargling and doing warm up exercises.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

An interesting look at the Warriors 3rd Quarter prowess:
Entering the 2018 Finals, this season's Warriors have added a total of 335 percent in win probability during the third quarter alone -- almost three times as high as the next-closest team. Which means that, basically, the Warriors won more than three full games thanks to their third-quarter play alone. During their recent seven-game Western Conference finals series against the Rockets, the Warriors created 239 percent of their win probability during the third quarters -- the only quarter during which they were a net positive for the series.

Or try this one on for size: Entering these Finals, the 2017-18 Warriors have outscored opponents by an eye-popping 130 points in the third quarter, the largest point differential in any single quarter by a team in the playoffs in the shot-clock era (since 1945-55), according to Elias Sports Bureau research.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

A giant L being delivered to the Cavs.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

Pretty impressive win by the Warriors. Congrats.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Just heard on the news that LeBron broke his hand infrustration after letting game 1 get away.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pyperkub wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:15 pm Just heard on the news that LeBron broke his hand infrustration after letting game 1 get away.
I'm sure the Lakers will provide anger management therapy.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:25 am
Pyperkub wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:15 pm Just heard on the news that LeBron broke his hand infrustration after letting game 1 get away.
Do you think he will be that anxious to go to another team that has no chance to beat GSW? If the Cavs would have played the Lakers schedule this year they may not have even made the playoffs.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Eh, at this point no one has much chance to beat GSW. What's he gonna do, go to the Rocketts?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 am Eh, at this point no one has much chance to beat GSW. What's he gonna do, go to the Rocketts?
Possibly or Boston, Philly, Spurs, Heat, or maybe even the Knicks.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Pyperkub

Re: Re: 2017-2018 NBA Season

Post by Pyperkub »

Rip wrote:
Do you think he will be that anxious to go to another team that has no chance to beat GSW? If the Cavs would have played the Lakers schedule this year they may not have even made the playoffs.
Lakers have room for 2 max contracts. LeBron and Kawhi would fit very nicely there...

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Rip wrote:
Jaymann wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 am Eh, at this point no one has much chance to beat GSW. What's he gonna do, go to the Rocketts?
He ain't going to Boston or Philly or the Knicks. I actually think Toronto would be a great landing spot, if he stays in the East.

geezer

Post by geezer »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:05 pm
Rip wrote:
Lakers have room for 2 max contracts. LeBron and Kawhi would fit very nicely there...
Kawhi isn't going to the Lakers, at least not this year. But we can bring LeBron to Texas :) Start LMA at 5, LeBron and Kawhi at the forward spots, DeJounte at point (2nd team all defense this year) and Danny Green at SG (2nd team all Defense last year) and damn - that's a championship team.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Rip wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:56 pm
Boston? Ah, I think Kyrie may have some thoughts on that . . .
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kurth wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm
Yeah, that's a huge part of my take as well.

Jag

Post by Jag »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:07 pm
Rip wrote:
He ain't going to Boston or Philly or the Knicks. I actually think Toronto would be a great landing spot, if he stays in the East.
Toronto lost any shot when they dumped Casey. Philly makes the most sense. A young, strong core. Guaranteed finals appearance and a place he can leave his legacy. I don't see him leaving the East. Why go and fight for a Finals spot when it is virtually a lock in the East.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jag wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm
Rip wrote:
Toronto lost any shot when they dumped Casey. Philly makes the most sense. A young, strong core. Guaranteed finals appearance and a place he can leave his legacy. I don't see him leaving the East. Why go and fight for a Finals spot when it is virtually a lock in the East.
SA has a shot due to Pop.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jag wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm Toronto lost any shot when they dumped Casey. Philly makes the most sense. A young, strong core. Guaranteed finals appearance and a place he can leave his legacy. I don't see him leaving the East. Why go and fight for a Finals spot when it is virtually a lock in the East.
Does that mean he'll be coming to The Pistons.

Also am I the only one who reads GSW as Gun Shot Wound? Or is that somehow intentional?

Also I heard on the radio the only reason Casey signed to coach the Pistons was because the Pistons conceded to let him choose his own staff. The hell? You have no GM and you let him choose his staff? As far as I can tell Gores should take his team and move them to some other city so fans here can choose their loyalty by something other than geography. In just a few short years, he's managed to unseat 60 years of neglect that the Ford's have had for the Lions. I don't think the city wants Gores product, nor do they consider him a a man of the city or state.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I still think he should go to the Kings, and if he can take them to the finals he could really claim the title of GOAT
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jaymann

Re: 2017-2018 NBA Post Season

Post by Jaymann »

Game Over Ass Thumper?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:35 pm Game Over Ass Thumper?
If you're a sports fan you'd know that GOAT stands for Greatest of All Time
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jag wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm
Rip wrote:
Honestly, losing Casey could actually help. James does enjoy picking his own coach. Toronto also makes more sense than Philly, as their stars are established - the young 76ers (especially Simmons and Fultz) would likely be stunted, if not completely sidelined were LeBron to go there. It would also ruin Embiid, due to how LeBron needs the post to be empty on so many possessions. He's a very bad fit there.

Derozan, Lowry and Ibaka (as well as Anunoby) fit in far better with LeBron's game, and provide a core that could easily win the East and challenge the Warriors.

DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Toronto doesn't have the cap space to sign Lebron without losing one of their big 3. SA, Philly, Houston and Boston are his best options to win another Championship next year. Philly is as nice option since they can find the cap space without losing much of anything and it's only a one year deal so if things don't work you move on. Embiid doesn't need to sit in the post to be effective, just look at this year with Simmons who constantly drove to the basket. Fultz isn't an issue, he needs to find his jump shot again, Lebron will only give him more open space. How they blend Simmons and Lebron is the question, but as I said, worth the risk for one year.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Uhh, I think they would deal Kyrie if they needed to in order to get LeBron without even pausing for thought.

LeBron>>>Kyrie!
Rip

Post by Rip »

naednek wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:42 pm
Jaymann wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:35 pm Game Over Ass Thumper?
If you're a sports fan you'd know that GOAT stands for Greatest of All Time
AKA Wilt Chamberlain
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Rip wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:19 pm
Uhh, I think they would deal Kyrie if they needed to in order to get LeBron without even pausing for thought.

LeBron>>>Kyrie!
Given the make up of that team, I think that would be a really dumb move. The Celtics are poised to do some great things as built right now. I’m a big LeBron fan, but if I’m Boston, I’m not even thinking about shipping Kyrie out for LeBron at this point.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
geezer

Post by geezer »

Kurth wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 am
Rip wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:19 pm

LeBron>>>Kyrie!
Given the make up of that team, I think that would be a really dumb move. The Celtics are poised to do some great things as built right now. I’m a big LeBron fan, but if I’m Boston, I’m not even thinking about shipping Kyrie out for LeBron at this point.
Agreed. Bring back Kyrie and get heyward healthy and you’ve got a core that’s competitive for a 10 year run.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Plus Irving is much younger. LeBron is still aging despite being ridiculous still. He will turn the corner. And a lot sooner than Irving (most likely). Philly or Houston are his best chance for victory now, which is what LeBron needs.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Irving has been injury prone throughout his career however. Even with Heyward, if they didn't have Irving, they wouldn't have had a chance to beat the Rockets or the Warriors this year. I'm not sold on Heyward's ability to not be a defensive liability in the playoffs (against the top teams) yet, not with all the switching that's in vogue now.

Rip

Post by Rip »

Going to be an interesting summer figuring out where people are going.

Kawhi is out!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2380 ... onio-spurs
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'll believe it when I see it. He has very little leverage.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

stessier wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:09 pm I'll believe it when I see it. He has very little leverage.
Leaving as a free agent next year for nothing isn't leverage? SA could come out with some decent players if LA and Boston fight over him.
Rip

Post by Rip »

DOS=HIGH wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:38 pm
stessier wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:09 pm I'll believe it when I see it. He has very little leverage.
Leaving as a free agent next year for nothing isn't leverage? SA could come out with some decent players if LA and Boston fight over him.
This, he has the same leverage PG had. SUre didn't take long for him to get dished to OKC. I predict the same will happen to Kawhi.
geezer

Post by geezer »

Rip wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 pm
DOS=HIGH wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:38 pm
This, he has the same leverage PG had. SUre didn't take long for him to get dished to OKC. I predict the same will happen to Kawhi.
Maybe. The more I think about it, it would be interesting for SAS to do nothing - make him play out his contract. Consider - Pop is likely gone next season or the one after. LMA is 33, Gasol has effectively one more year on his contract, Parker may or may not return. Same with Manu. DeJounte is 2-3 years away from being a centerpiece (if he can be). Kawhi's trade value is low due to injury and his (assumed) desire to only be in LA, so teams won't give enough (probably) to start a total rebuild. SO, all that considered, make him play and make a run next year with him, LMA, a better DeJounte and maybe convince manu and Parker to come back on one year deals to run the bench.

Spurs have a year to repair the relationship and trust with Kawhi that his people seem to be running interference on now, and if he refuses to play or tanks, he kills his own value since his eligibility for the smax deal hinges on all NBA status, and if he sits out "hurt" again, or let's his "group" cause drama, he still tanks his value. If he leaves after next year, we'll, Pop, LMA, Parker and Manu are gone anyway so whatever - it was a great run.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LeBron to the Lake Show.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

:shock:
Though there were hints at it via sports radio and such; i am still :shock: . Hate the contract though, that's a huge amount of salary taken up by Bron. Should make for an interesting offseason though for the Lakers.

Now if we could only trade Lonzo for Kawhi, we'd be 8-)
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.