2017-2018 NBA Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Pyperkub

Re: 2016-2017 NBA Season

Post by Pyperkub »

All right Ethan! The real king!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Congrats to all the Hoosiers rocking all-star weekend.

Eric Gordon winning the 3-PT contest and especially GRIII for the awesome win in the dunk contest.

:clap:
naednek

Post by naednek »

Demarcus Cousins traded to the Pelicans for 3 players and 2 draft picks

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Expect at least one and possibly two trades by the Nuggets the next couple days.

They are trying to actively move Gallinari and Chandler. And with the Pelicans acquiring Boogie last night, this might ramp up their efforts.

I'm also interested in seeing if they can find a really good deal to trade Mudiay. With Jamal Murray developing nicely and winning the MVP of the rising stars game, he looks to be the future. I'd be willing to give Mudiay more time since he's only 20, but he has not looked good at all this year and Murray is already caught up with him, development wise.

Future is promising for the Nuggets with Murray and Jokic playing really well. They also have a ton of cap space and could offer a king's ransom to someone like Paul George or John Wall. I don't foresee those materializing, but if they could, the Nuggets could be really really good.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

naednek wrote:Demarcus Cousins traded to the Pelicans for 3 players and 2 draft picks
Good, now the Lakers will stop going after "Boogie." Coach killer extraordinaire.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote:
naednek wrote:Demarcus Cousins traded to the Pelicans for 3 players and 2 draft picks
Good, now the Lakers will stop going after "Boogie." Coach killer extraordinaire.
Don't count on it until he signs a long term contract. He's still currently going to be a free agent.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Pyperkub wrote:
Jaymann wrote:
Don't count on it until he signs a long term contract. He's still currently going to be a free agent.
Mobile is so close to NO that I doubt he would sign anywhere else cheaper. So as long as NO is willing to pay him what he is worth he isn't going anywhere.

I look forward to seeing how well he and Davis play together.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss (not sure how you fire a part owner) are out at the Lakers. Magic is now running the show.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Buss was EVP of basketball operations. He was relieved of duties. Jeanie is president. They may both own 11% of the team each, but the executive pecking order still holds.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
geezer

Post by geezer »

Rip wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:
Jaymann wrote:
Mobile is so close to NO that I doubt he would sign anywhere else cheaper. So as long as NO is willing to pay him what he is worth he isn't going anywhere.

I look forward to seeing how well he and Davis play together.
Do not like. The Spurs already have inexplicably ridiculous difficulties with the pelicans. Now this?
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Damn my Nuggets better do something exciting tomorrow.

Paul George, Damian Lillard, Jimmy Butler?

Doubt it, but I love being a dreamer.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Rip

Post by Rip »

Next up, who gets Jahlil Okafor?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pyperkub wrote:
Jaymann wrote:
Well he managed to kill Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss by NOT signing with the Lakers.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

For the most part, this is a typical NBA trade deadline.

A lot of hype and little deals for big names, other than Boogie.

Nuggets appear to being set on not selling the farm for a star.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
stessier

Post by stessier »

Noel is going to Dallas and Bogut is headed to Philly. Also a top 18 protected draft pick is in there as well.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Re: 2016-2017 NBA Playoffs

Post by Jaymann »

Go Pacers, stars of the ABL*!

*Anybody But LeBron
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Sweeeeeeeeet! Lakers retain their pick at #2 for the third year in a row!
Celtics get the #1 pick.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

The Bulls had to go win their last game of the year and piss away a lottery pick themselves. Their failure of a season is complete.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jaymann wrote:Sweeeeeeeeet! Lakers retain their pick at #2 for the third year in a row!
That was the only bummer in a fun three days for this Celtic fan. :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lakers will most likely take Lonzo Ball, which makes D'Angelo Russel expendable. Next up: Paul George.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Lonzo Ball will be the next overpriced problem child with a high maintenance parent to ruin a franchise.

No way I would want to take him and hopefully PG doesn't get saddled with having to play with him.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Rip wrote:Lonzo Ball will be the next overpriced problem child with a high maintenance parent to ruin a franchise.

No way I would want to take him and hopefully PG doesn't get saddled with having to play with him.
As a Laker fan, i think i have the expertise to weigh in here. :D

While I haven't heard much from Lonzo on local sports news and haven't watched him much, but this sentiment is similar to my own. No way do I want Daddy Ball near my franchise. Guy just seems like he brings all drama. That dude is just overly invested in his kids.

I much rather have De'Andre Fox, the dude from Kentucky. I only saw his UCLA-Kentucky game. BUT HOLY WOW. The speed, athleticism. Speed kills in today's NBA. He reminded me of a Russel Westbrook actually.

Also I've really, really come around to Magic being in the head honcho seat. Initially I was lukewarm because I supported Kupchack because of what he delivered (he brought us 5 championships). Plus I didn't like how he got fired. But i really like what Magic has been doing so far, and am actually quite optimistic now. Good choice on Jeanie's part. Just wish Mitch didn't have to go. But we'll see.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

ABL 4
LeeBron 1
Last edited by Jaymann on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Can you blame them? Like the guy said, it's all about pain management. :wink:
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Down goes LeeBron!
Down goes LeeBron!
Down goes LeeBron!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So its the offseason...and as a Laker fan i think magic's done 2 bad moves...

I think viewed alone the following is a bad move: The lakers trading D. Russel & Mozgov to the Nets for Lopez & the 27th.
I think if that move is it, then its a horrible move. I hope its a sequence move and this somehow morphs into Paul George. But I am very disappointed in this move right now.

Secondly - the Lakers not getting Jerry West in the fold is disastrous i think. Just horrible decission making. How do you not ask him to come back? Wasn't Magic griping at one point to Buss to "ask for help". Well why wouldn't magic ask for the help of the best talent evaluator in the NBA.

I was lukewarm on magic to begin with and this sure as hell doesn't improve it. It seems he's ripping down the house that the Lakers have tried to build. I'll be patient and see what happens.

As far as the draft...god i hope they dont draft lonzo...just dont want the dad around. Really hope they grab the Fox kid. Ah well..we'll see.
Bayraktar!!!!

Rip

Post by Rip »

As a Pacers fan I'm busy searching for a paper bag to put over my head.

Also I think this was pure cap move for LA. Sets them up for taking on PGs salary next year and still being able to offer LeBron (or someone else) a MAX contract. Lopez is just a one year rental. Mozgov was a multi-year anchor.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Speaking of the Pacers.
At first I was like

But at least it would make sure the games are still entertaining.

Just hoping not to much of this stuff.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Newcastle wrote:So its the offseason...and as a Laker fan i think magic's done 2 bad moves...

I think viewed alone the following is a bad move: The lakers trading D. Russel & Mozgov to the Nets for Lopez & the 27th.
I think if that move is it, then its a horrible move. I hope its a sequence move and this somehow morphs into Paul George. But I am very disappointed in this move right now.

Secondly - the Lakers not getting Jerry West in the fold is disastrous i think. Just horrible decission making. How do you not ask him to come back? Wasn't Magic griping at one point to Buss to "ask for help". Well why wouldn't magic ask for the help of the best talent evaluator in the NBA.

I was lukewarm on magic to begin with and this sure as hell doesn't improve it. It seems he's ripping down the house that the Lakers have tried to build. I'll be patient and see what happens.

As far as the draft...god i hope they dont draft lonzo...just dont want the dad around. Really hope they grab the Fox kid. Ah well..we'll see.
As someone who watched just about every ucla game this year, lonzo ball will be perfect for the Lakers and Walton's system. I expect them to contend for a playoff spot in his first year even if they don't get a free agent this year. Even having watched his TV games, when I saw him in person he was one of the fastest I've ever seen on the fast break. He will immediately make everyone better in that team. He does have some defensive liabilities, but he's good enough for the regular season defensively right now. Playoff defense is a different matter however (for now).

Rip

Re: 2016-2017 NBA Off Season

Post by Rip »

No way Lakers draft Lonzo and it will be a good move.

My money is on him being more trouble than he is worth.

Actually I'm still hoping the Pacers get the 2 pick for PG from them. Unless they would pick Lonzo with it because then I would explode.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Pyper - Interesting. See I only saw the tournament and thought Fox was pretty damn awesome there. So...hey...let's see what happens.

Rip - ok that lance stephenson montage you put through was pretty damn funny! WHAT!
Bayraktar!!!!

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I actually like the Mozgov trade by the Lakers. It is a minor miracle that they jettisoned his contract, and it was pretty clear D'Angelo Russell is not "the answer." (Stat- Brook Lopez made one 3 pointer less than DR this year!). Plus they somehow picked up a #27 draft pick. I do not think the Lakers should trade to rent PG a year early when they can pick him up for no assets the year after. They aren't going anywhere next year anyway.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Newcastle wrote:Pyper - Interesting. See I only saw the tournament and thought Fox was pretty damn awesome there. So...hey...let's see what happens.

Rip - ok that lance stephenson montage you put through was pretty damn funny! WHAT!
Here's Fox's lines for the year:

PPG RPG APG
16.7 4.0 4.6

Here's Ball's lines for the year:

PPG RPG APG
14.6 6.0 7.6

Fox essentially had 1 monster game against UCLA in the tourney, and other than that, he's a quick guard with a pretty bad 3-pt shot (24.6%), but a good finisher, and decent assist guy. He's definitely a 1st rounder, but...

Ball did it all year, averaged a full 3 more assists per game, is 3 inches taller and can hit from 40 feet (41.2% from 3), and took a sub-.500 team to a season-long top 10 ranking, with a win @ Kentucky. He has incredible court awareness and basketball IQ, and when he passes, he gets the ball to shooters exactly where they want it by design.

It really depends upon what you want from your PG. Do you want a potential Kyrie Irving (though Kyrie was a much better shooter coming out of college than Fox), or a potential Jason Kidd? Note that Ball also had more blocks and more steals.

For what I believe Walton and Magic are trying to do with the Lakers, Ball makes much more sense.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So was Phil Jackson always going to be a terrible front office person, or is it joining the Knicks that has made him terrible?

Love this quote, though:
Apparently, this is just Phil Jackson’s management style. Let’s ignore everything else about what Jackson has done as the Knicks president — the fact that he’s managed a slew of awful moves in just three years as the team’s manager, that his best acquisition is Courtney Lee, that he has become increasingly devoted to the increasingly irrelevant triangle offense that none of his players are interested in playing — and think about why Jackson’s best play is to tell everybody how much he dislikes his team’s best players. He has already done everything he can to publicly diss Carmelo Anthony. Is this what the zen books are about? I kinda thought it was about focusing on your inner peace, but apparently it’s about publicly negging the people your livelihood depends on in hopes they bend to your will.
Black Lives Matter.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote:I actually like the Mozgov trade by the Lakers. It is a minor miracle that they jettisoned his contract, and it was pretty clear D'Angelo Russell is not "the answer." (Stat- Brook Lopez made one 3 pointer less than DR this year!). Plus they somehow picked up a #27 draft pick. I do not think the Lakers should trade to rent PG a year early when they can pick him up for no assets the year after. They aren't going anywhere next year anyway.
There's a greater than 0 chance that LeBron James and Paul George are both Lakers for 2018-19.
Hodor.
Rip

Post by Rip »

They did take him. At least I can look forward to the Lakers sucking for years to come despite getting PG.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I love, love, love that the Warriors bought back in to get Jordan Bell in the second round. He is such a perfect fit for them. Could be the steal of the draft, reminds me so much of Draymond Green.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Pyperkub wrote: For what I believe Walton and Magic are trying to do with the Lakers, Ball makes much more sense.
Well they took him. I'm dissapointed (still prefer fox), but will see what Lonzo is like in the purple and gold and hope to be wowed. He's got a lot of hype to live up to. He does fill in a lot of needs, you're right on that. But my god i hope they muzzle the dad. I just hate that type of mouthy arrogance. I do realize I have to separate the father from the son. Look forward to seeing him in the Summer league (lonzo, not the dad).

I did find their later draft picks to be very intriguing. Almost all of em could shoot the 3ball to some degree. All of em have defense abilities and they all rebounded. I can say the Lakers going for the "gang rebounding" mentality that the Warriors have.
Bayraktar!!!!