Game of Thrones Season 7

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Redfive

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Post by Redfive »

The Hound and Jaime are my favorite characters as well. Both such outstanding character arcs.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
morlac

Post by morlac »

Yep, I'm pretty sure I'll tear up when The Hound Sacrifices himself to save Arya and/or Sansa...but not until he wins The Clegane Bowl.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

For the Mountain and the Hound to face off this means the fight goes back to the capital. I don't see any reason the Mountain would go up north now. This requires the Night King to be defeated up north first, and the Hound survives that fight. That's asking a lot. I have this idea that the Hound gives his life up north to save everyone, and to show respect for his efforts at redemption Arya wears his face and goes south to battle the Mountain. When she defeats him, and before he dies, she removes the Hound's face so he sees he was beaten by a girl. HUMILIATION!
Holman

Post by Holman »

gameoverman wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:06 pm For the Mountain and the Hound to face off this means the fight goes back to the capital. I don't see any reason the Mountain would go up north now. This requires the Night King to be defeated up north first, and the Hound survives that fight. That's asking a lot. I have this idea that the Hound gives his life up north to save everyone, and to show respect for his efforts at redemption Arya wears his face and goes south to battle the Mountain. When she defeats him, and before he dies, she removes the Hound's face so he sees he was beaten by a girl. HUMILIATION!
How can he see it when Arya has thumbed his eyes out?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Only fire will kill the Mountain now. I predict the Hound will best him in combat but ultimately have to sacrifice himself to burn the Mountain to death. Maybe tackle him into a pit of green fire or something. Not sure exactly, I just know There Will Be Fire.

Would settle for Arya taking his eyes though :)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I haven't read the novels, why do we feel there needs be closure between the Hound and the Mountain and why do we think that zombie is still the Mountain? That shell isn't really the Mountain. He wasn't brought back the Lord of Light, but rather by science. He's already been reduced from being a the toughest psychopath loyal bully to being a willess thrall, hasn't he? Or do the books give us more insight in to something behind the dead eyes?

As to the Chekov's gun of having him be a zombie for a greater purpose. He's be zombie type C. Not being part of the legacy of the old gods magic, and not being resurrected by the Lord of Light. I'd guess that he would be instrumental in the fight to the North as the reality of the it's problems spreads past the wall.

There really ought to be a lot more than 7 seasons. At 6.5, it seems like it's just getting going...
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I personally do not care if the Hound and Mountain fight, I'm just responding to expectations I know other fans have. I think the Mountain's current condition does not negate the reason for the fight, if it were to happen. He might not be the same Mountain, but he is still fully operational. As long as he's up and around, serving Cersei, then he's fair game. It's not like zombie Mountain has less humanity than regular Mountain, zero is zero.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So if the Mountain fights Arya in Hound face, and he swings at her head, does he miss because she is only 4 feet tall?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think Arya could reasonably consider the Mountain to be already dead for her kill list purposes, since he's more zombie than person now, although she doesn't know that yet.
Black Lives Matter.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:52 pm So if the Mountain fights Arya in Hound face, and he swings at her head, does he miss because she is only 4 feet tall?
I'm not sure how it exactly works but since dudes keep on wanting to bang the old lady from the tub in The Shining (Melisandre), I suspect you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

morlac wrote:
Jaymann wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:52 pm So if the Mountain fights Arya in Hound face, and he swings at her head, does he miss because she is only 4 feet tall?
I'm not sure how it exactly works but since dudes keep on wanting to bang the old lady from the tub in The Shining (Melisandre), I suspect you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
As Ben Franklin would say regarding banging Melisandre:

"The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement."

He'd probably bang a White Walker too.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Gonna need an S8 thread soon...

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

My body is ready.
Hodor.
Rumpy